ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- New English Language Requirement for Dependants OCT2013

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaya.says
Newly Registered

ILR- New English Language Requirement for Dependants OCT2013

Post by jaya.says » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi All,

Myself and Myhubby(Dependant) will be applying for ILR in Feb 2014. I have satisfied my english language requiremetn in Tier1 extension application but there was no need previously for dependants to satisfy english laguage requirement(Nov 2008).

I now understand from OCT 2013 both the main and dependant needs to satisfy both life in the uk test and english language requirmeents to qualify for ILR. Could somebody please clarify this?

My hubby has completed his Degree in non english language but studied post graduation in English medium whether it suffixes. Please guide me.

Thanks,
Jaya