ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony - The Convention Centre

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

change2
Newly Registered

Citizenship ceremony - The Convention Centre

Post by change2 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:56 pm

Hi all,
I have just received an invitation for citizenship ceremony in The Convention Centre. It will be at 3.25pm. I will be driving from Cork and would like to plan my trip. I looked at directions at Google Map and it shows me that the best option when coming from Cork will be to take M50 north and arrive from Dublin Airport direction. I don't mind to pay M50 toll twice (not that I'm that rich :)), however is it really easier, more convenient and faster route than taking M50 towards Dun Laoghaire and then north through N81 or N11? Which route would you recommend? Will 30 min be enough to get from M50 to the convention Centre? And the last question: is it easy to find a parking space on the ceremony day when a few thousand of visitors are coming to that area n Dublin.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

DoctorBen
- thin ice -

Post by DoctorBen » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:41 am

Parking would be a problem + you would be paying for petrol and couple of tolls. the best thing would be to get a train to Dublin Heuston and get a Luas (Train) to city centre.
This would be cheap+convenient.
All the best

change2
Newly Registered

Post by change2 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:54 am

DoctorBen wrote:Parking would be a problem + you would be paying for petrol and couple of tolls. the best thing would be to get a train to Dublin Heuston and get a Luas (Train) to city centre.
This would be cheap+convenient.
All the best
Thanks. There is a train which arrives at 2pm to Dublin. Would that be enough time to get by Luas to the Convention Centre by 3.25pm ? Or should I take the earlier train which arrives at 12:55?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:08 am

change2 wrote: Thanks. There is a train which arrives at 2pm to Dublin. Would that be enough time to get by Luas to the Convention Centre by 3.25pm ? Or should I take the earlier train which arrives at 12:55?
If the train is on time and there is no problem with the LUAS, you will be at the convention centre at 2.30PM (the LUAS stops next to the satation and next to the convention centre).

Now, if it was me, for somethign as important as this I would still get the earlier train to have a good margin in case there is an issue :) (it would make you arrive very early but you can use the time to have a quite lunch and relax before the ceremony, and if for some reason the train is delayed or cancelled, you have enough time to find your way to Dublin)

jambalap

Post by jambalap » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:26 am

deleted

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:47 am

Let u make one thing clear a friend of mine was refused to attend the ceremony because she was late. So i agree with jeupsy u should get an early train, allow sufficient time to urself to get there, get some tea/coffee and relax. Whats the point stressing urself on such an important day of ur life.