ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to Tier 1/Absences Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pillow
Newly Registered

WP to Tier 1/Absences Questions

Post by pillow » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:10 pm

I have done the WP (first several months of the five year period) to Tier 1 route. Does this require any additional documents that are not otherwise required if the entire five year period were on Tier 1? (Such as a P60 for the first year or the initial WP letter? Is the WP sticker in the passport sufficient?)

If I apply 28 days before the five year period, do I count those 28 days as absences?

My total absences are under 180 days total for the five year period. Does this require any additional documents? (Do the passport stamps need to all be there? Is an employer absence letter always required? Are flight booking confirmations needed?)

Thank you!

kaushal101
Newly Registered

Post by kaushal101 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:28 pm

I'm also looking for the answer to the same question...

Subbarao

Post by Subbarao » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:51 am

kaushal101 wrote:I'm also looking for the answer to the same question...
Pelase take your work permit approval letter with you and submit. Thats what i have done.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Re: WP to Tier 1/Absences Questions

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:04 pm

pillow wrote:I have done the WP (first several months of the five year period) to Tier 1 route. Does this require any additional documents that are not otherwise required if the entire five year period were on Tier 1? (Such as a P60 for the first year or the initial WP letter? Is the WP sticker in the passport sufficient?)

If I apply 28 days before the five year period, do I count those 28 days as absences?

My total absences are under 180 days total for the five year period. Does this require any additional documents? (Do the passport stamps need to all be there? Is an employer absence letter always required? Are flight booking confirmations needed?)

Thank you!

Please see below link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/

Stating:

3. During the continuous residence period, you cannot be outside the UK for more than 180 days in any 12 consecutive months. Absences must be for a reason that relates to the reason for your stay in the UK, or for a serious or compelling reason such as serious illness. Your employer must confirm in writing the reason for your absence from the UK if it was related to your work. You must confirm in writing the reason for the absence if it was related to your business or self-employment or if it was for a serious or compelling reason.

This means as long as you haven't spent more than 180 days outside the country in any 12 consecutive months of your 5 years Tier 1 period you will be fine.

pillow
Newly Registered

Post by pillow » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:55 pm

Thank you, Subbarao and Arsal385.

If an absence was for something like a one week holiday and it wasn't related to work or for compelling reasons, is anything required?