ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application through NCS, Good Character Requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ritswaney

Application through NCS, Good Character Requirement

Post by ritswaney » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:06 pm

I have applied for BC via NCS on Sat.

I was wondering if there was an expected timeline of when I could expect the NCS to forward my application onto the UKBA and when I should expect to receive an acknowledgement.

I read about some tech problems plaguing the HO which is preventing them sending out paperwork. Is this still the case or can I expect a 6-8 week turn around which a lot of people seemed to have seen.

Secondly, I was a contracting through my Pvt Ltd Co when I applied to ILR and I have since switched to a permanent job. I havent closed my company and but it is inactive. I was thinking about talking to my accountant to close it down, but then read about the 'Liquidation' clause in the Good Character Requirement Sticky Post.

Can someone please shed some light on this? Should I wait until I get BC before I close down the company? It is not in debt, the only reason it would be liquidated is inactivity.

Lastly, I didn't submit and P60 or other Tax documents, as the NCS Case Worker did not ask for any other documents and was happy with the Passport, BRP and Life in the UK Test Pass Certificate. Did I need to submit any other document given that I was contracting when I got my ILR? (I forgot to mention this to the NCS Case Worker)

Thanks.

ritswaney

Post by ritswaney » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:14 pm

It would be great if someone could respond to this thread.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:45 pm

If the company has no debts would you not be looking at voluntary striking off and dissolution rather than liquidation?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ritswaney

Post by ritswaney » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:49 pm

Thanks Amber, I'm not sure of what the technical term for closing down a company is, but I think the Accountant used the word liquidation, or maybe that was just me.

I just wanted to check if it was safer for me to wait until I get my BC, or whether it was of no consequence.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:54 pm

Well yes, because liquidation is different from Voluntary strike off and dissolution. It should be the latter if you are not in debt, confirm with your accountant.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.