ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advice .. Need help //

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iamcompletelymad

Please advice .. Need help //

Post by iamcompletelymad » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi., I hope you are doing fine.. I needed some help with my case.. I got my eea2 residence card in june 2012 for 5 years.. I am living in uk with my other half who is a polish citizen. My eea partner/ spouse has to go back to poland in october for few months to finish her uni. I am employed and working full time here in uk . I was wondering what happens if she goes and if i am left here alone. Will i be allowed to work or is it illegal?? Can i stay in the uk or not?? So please help me .. any advice will be appreciated.. Thank you.
Should i let home office know that she is goin there to finish her studies just to be on the safe side?? I hope you understand my case..

Regards

SD

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:18 am

You don't need to leave, no. It might complicate the situation when you will be entering the UK, and when an immigration officer asks for her whereabouts. When she is not using her Treaty Rights neither can you, especially when she is not in the country, but again no one has to know. You are not doing anything criminal anyway. Your Residence Card remains valid.
Be good.

vinny

Re: Need advice on entering the uk//

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:28 pm

iamcompletelymad wrote:Hi i have an eea 2 family permit since june last year. My other half was away from uk since last november to this july in her home country to finish her university . I was working here in the mean time. She is back now. I am planning to go india for holidays and will be back in 3 weeks time. My partner is working and residing in uk currently. I was just concerned that she stayed away from uk for more than 6 months over the last year. Is it gonna create any problems for me when i come back to uk? do I need to worry about anything. Please advice.

Thanks
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:30 pm

You should be okay as she is back in the UK as a qualified person.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

iamcompletelymad

Post by iamcompletelymad » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Thank you. Has there been any recent changes in eea2 laws which can affect me?
vinny wrote:You should be okay as she is back in the UK as a qualified person.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Please advice .. Need help //

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:19 pm

iamcompletelymad wrote:Hi., I hope you are doing fine.. I needed some help with my case.. I got my eea2 residence card in june 2012 for 5 years.. I am living in uk with my other half who is a polish citizen. My eea partner/ spouse has to go back to poland in october for few months to finish her uni. I am employed and working full time here in uk . I was wondering what happens if she goes and if i am left here alone. Will i be allowed to work or is it illegal?? Can i stay in the uk or not?? So please help me .. any advice will be appreciated.. Thank you.
Should i let home office know that she is goin there to finish her studies just to be on the safe side?? I hope you understand my case..

Regards

SD
An EEA national can be absent for 6 months without breaking residence. But absence can be longer than 6 months (which usually allowed 1 time) in some circumstances such as study/pregnancy reason etc.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS