ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:47 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:FLR (O) Further Leave to Remain Outside of the immigration rules, what FLR (O) means
@ Shondra Sharma,

The (O) in FLR means OTHERS and not OUTSIDE...it includes the list below:

Academic visitor

UK ancestry

Domestic worker in a
private household

Visitor for private medical treatment

Dependant of a per- son who has limited leave to enter or remain in the UK other than under the points based system

General visitor

Dependants of exempt armed forces (including HM forces)

Private life in the UK 10 year family route

Family life as a parent
Other purposes/ reasons not covered by other application forms

Recently discharged HM Forces

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Good News !!
My Further Leave to Remain (Other) has been GRANTED/extended for another 3 years. Just received all my documents back this morning and now waiting for the BRP card.
Ombudsman e-mailed and asked me to give them a ring to discuss about my case yesterday. I then rang them back and been told UKBA has responded their query about my case, a decision has been made on the 8th last week (but the papers were issued on the 12th) and they will send the documents out early this week.
I then rang UKBA for an update, the guy just said it's still not completed. But I rang again this morning and the lady told me a packet has been sent out yesterday by Special Delivery (the envolope I've attached with my application).

Here's is my timeline:
Date Applied/Docs sent: 05/11/2012
Date Received Ack. Letter: 07/11/2012
Date Fee Taken : 08/11/2012
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 06/03/2013 (dated 28/02/2013)
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 07/03/2013
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: 13/08/2013 (dated 12/08/2013)
Date Biometrics received : - Waiting -

I know it's not easy and how frustrating to wait for a decision. But thank you so so much for this forum to kept me believing and going during the hard time. And I'm truly hope and wish all of you will receive a good news soon!!
" There can be miracle when you believed " XXX

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:15 pm

Excellent news, Congrats lenn83
thank you for sharing the news with as
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:18 pm

lenn83 wrote:Good News !!
My Further Leave to Remain (Other) has been GRANTED/extended for another 3 years. Just received all my documents back this morning and now waiting for the BRP card.
Ombudsman e-mailed and asked me to give them a ring to discuss about my case yesterday. I then rang them back and been told UKBA has responded their query about my case, a decision has been made on the 8th last week (but the papers were issued on the 12th) and they will send the documents out early this week.
I then rang UKBA for an update, the guy just said it's still not completed. But I rang again this morning and the lady told me a packet has been sent out yesterday by Special Delivery (the envolope I've attached with my application).

Here's is my timeline:

I know it's not easy and how frustrating to wait for a decision. But thank you so so much for this forum to kept me believing and going during the hard time. And I'm truly hope and wish all of you will receive a good news soon!!
Goes to show that when they keep saying not completed, the freedom papers has been shipped. Congratulations len83 you brought hope once again. The beginning of many to come :)

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:31 pm

@verbina thx dear am staying clear of calling d no so xpensive
@time503 thnx God bless

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:33 pm

lenn83 congrats enjoy your freedom

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:33 pm

@summer2013 Thank you for your wishes. I'm sure yours is on the way as well.

@dapsonlee Thank you for your wishes too. Sometimes I wondered when UKBA gonna get a new computer system because most of the time when you're ringing them, they'll put you on hold for couple of/few minutes before they come back and tell you the status. Even one time the lady told me "I'm waiting for the system to load" *speechless*

@yummymummy Thank you to you too, mummy. You're the sweetest mummy in this forum that I ever seen. I remember you said you wish you can give me a hug when I was really down, but now I wish I can share my moment with you by hugging and say " Thank you for your support, mummy. I've made it !!" xx

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:37 pm

Tuga wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:FLR (O) Further Leave to Remain Outside of the immigration rules, what FLR (O) means
@ Shondra Sharma,

Academic visitor

UK ancestry

Domestic worker in a
private household

Dependant of a per- son who has limited leave to enter or remain in the UK other than under the points based system

General visitor

Family life as a parent

you are wrong. Flr(o) meaning is-further leave to remain (ordinary). Flr(m) meaning is- further leave to remain (main)

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:39 pm

[quote="lenn83"]Good News !!

Here's is my timeline:
Date Applied/Docs sent: [b]05/11/2012[/b]
Date Received Ack. Letter: [b]07/11/2012[/b]
Date Fee Taken : [b]08/11/2012[/b]
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: [b]06/03/2013[/b] (dated 28/02/2013)
Date Biometrics Done at PO : [b]07/03/2013[/b]
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: [b]13/08/2013 [/b](dated 12/08/2013)
Date Biometrics received : [b]- Waiting -[/b]

" There can be miracle when you believed " XXX[/quote]

Congrats Lenn83. All the best in your endeavours. To everyone else waiting, this is for you::

Isaiah 40:31
But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.
That is a simple message saying persevere, have patience, no matter how frustrated you get, keep believing and wait on the good Lord and you will be granted your wishes!! Keep the faith.Good day to you all!

bubu1304
Newly Registered

Need advice so bad!

Post by bubu1304 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Im an overstayer here, i met my partner 3yrs ago and now we have a 2yr old son.

I need advice badly, as their all tracking and checking all illegal immigrant here. I just want to ask how to apply for flr(o)? What are the requirements? If i get my son a british passport should i put my name on the application form? They might question it that im not here legally.

Please give me some advice..
Thanks

bubu1304
Newly Registered

Post by bubu1304 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:52 pm

nilemarques wrote:

Here's is my timeline:

Congrats Lenn83. All the best in your endeavours. To everyone else waiting, this is for you::

Isaiah 40:31
But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.
That is a simple message saying persevere, have patience, no matter how frustrated you get, keep believing and wait on the good Lord and you will be granted your wishes!! Keep the faith.Good day to you all!

Hi there!
What ground did you apply? Family life?

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:03 pm

Here's is my timeline:

Heyyyyyyyyy congrats lenn, finally the wait is also over for you!!! I'm so happy and I believe there will be more good news before this week will be over! Enjoy the peace of mind..... Hugs and kisses from me...I hope u caught it. Lol

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:04 pm

@bubu u should go and get yr son british passport sorted if yr partner has ILR OR BRITISH PASSPORT.... dont worry yr partner will be d main applicant ......

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:06 pm

@lenn awwww that sooo kind of you .....THANK YOU....God bless you and enjoy d freedom dearXXX

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:06 pm

[quote="yahwadud"][quote="Tuga"][quote="Shondra Sharma"]FLR (O) Further Leave to Remain Outside of the immigration rules, what FLR (O) means[/quote]

@ Shondra Sharma,

Academic visitor

UK ancestry

Domestic worker in a
private household

General visitor

Family life as a parent

Recently discharged HM Forces[/quote]you are wrong. Flr(o) meaning is-further leave to remain (ordinary). Flr(m) meaning is- further leave to remain (main)[/quote]

@Yahwadud. I think @Shondra Sharma is near enough to the meaning of FLR(O). This form is for applications for leave to remain in a category not covered by other application forms and for a Biometric immigration document. It covers those listed by Shondra Sharma. According to the HO,'' the FLR(O) and SET(O) forms specifically allow for applications not covered by any other application form,whether specified or not. This means all applications for leave outside the rules must be made on one of those forms,including:

-Discretionary leave on the grounds of non-protection based claims under article 3 or
-Claims made on the basis of article 8 of the ECHR( which most of us on this forum have made''
I hope this clearly explains it.
Last edited by nilemarques on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:09 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@time503 please check your inbox.
Hi shondra check ur box

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:11 pm

@NILEMARQUES THX SOO MUCH FOR D BIBLE QUOTATION ITS A REMINDER OF D FACT THAT OUR WAITING WILL NOT BE IN VAIN

ThisYear

Congrats to Yawahdud, Grenagirl, Len et all

Post by ThisYear » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:33 pm

It's getting closer people :)

I've sent off a letter to the ombudsman....taking a leaf from yummymummy :D

Heaven helps those who help themselves!
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:33 pm

@Time503 Thank you so much, especially for the hug and kisses :-P

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:34 pm

Here's is my timeline:

Awwwwh fantastic news hun!!!!! Congratulations!!! All the best for you and family!!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
United Kingdom

Re: Need advice so bad!

Post by verbina » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:36 pm

bubu1304 wrote:Im an overstayer here, i met my partner 3yrs ago and now we have a 2yr old son.

I need advice badly, as their all tracking and checking all illegal immigrant here. I just want to ask how to apply for flr(o)? What are the requirements? If i get my son a british passport should i put my name on the application form? They might question it that im not here legally.

Please give me some advice..
Thanks
Yes honey, its vital your name is on your son's birth certificate! But as yummymummy already said, your British partner can register your son, so you dont have to go there yourself.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:38 pm

@THISYEAR welldone very good step to take..goodluck dear

verbina
United Kingdom

Re: Congrats to Yawahdud, Grenagirl, Len et all

Post by verbina » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:40 pm

ThisYear wrote:It's getting closer people :)

Hi hun! If you dont mind, what extra information did they ask for in April?

majojo

Post by majojo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:46 pm

nilemarques wrote:
yahwadud wrote:
Tuga wrote:
@ Shondra Sharma,

Academic visitor

UK ancestry

Domestic worker in a
private household

General visitor

Family life as a parent

you are wrong. Flr(o) meaning is-further leave to remain (ordinary). Flr(m) meaning is- further leave to remain (main)
@Yahwadud. I think @Shondra Sharma is near enough to the meaning of FLR(O). This form is for applications for leave to remain in a category not covered by other application forms and for a Biometric immigration document. It covers those listed by Shondra Sharma. According to the HO,'' the FLR(O) and SET(O) forms specifically allow for applications not covered by any other application form,whether specified or not. This means all applications for leave outside the rules must be made on one of those forms,including:

-Discretionary leave on the grounds of non-protection based claims under article 3 or
-Claims made on the basis of article 8 of the ECHR( which most of us on this forum have made''
I hope this clearly explains it.
Hi I also know they have the 10 year partner/ parent rout that is for those who can not meet the requirements for flrm 5 year route as that's what I applied for

ThisYear

Re: Congrats to Yawahdud, Grenagirl, Len et all

Post by ThisYear » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:57 pm

verbina wrote:
ThisYear wrote:It's getting closer people :)

Hi hun! If you dont mind, what extra information did they ask for in April?
Hi Verbina,
Documentation showing I'm the primary carer for my child
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014