ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa- Finances Issue

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MonikaGoel
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa- Finances Issue

Post by MonikaGoel » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:01 pm

Hello All,

We are trying to apply visitor visa for my mother in law to come and visit us here but have some issue with showing finances from her side. We are on Tier 1 general visas and can show our bank statements and salary slips to fully sponsor her trip that’s no problem. However, we got to know that she has to show bank statements and property papers etc as well from her side which might be a bit of a problem. She doesn't have enough money in the accounts and showing property can be tricky.

So, is there any way we can say in the visa application that we are sponsoring her fully OR is there any other alternative to this problem please?

Any replies are much appreciated.

Thanks

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:23 pm

It's not mandatory for the applicant to show her own finances and property however evidence in support to her ties with home country needs to be provided.

Is your mother in law supported by her husband (i.e. your father in law)?

MonikaGoel
Newly Registered

Post by MonikaGoel » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:30 pm

yes, she is supported by my father-in-law. What kind of evidences we can provide in support to her ties back home? Thanks.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:00 pm

in that case include property and/or other financial assets that are in the name of your Father in Law and covering letter from him confirming that they are married couple, live together and he looks after your MIL/household and finances.

MonikaGoel
Newly Registered

Post by MonikaGoel » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:15 pm

Thanks, Is there any other alternative to showing property and funds from my father-in-law?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:56 pm

what are your mother in law's ties with home country? how does she intend to satisfy the ECO that she would be returning back on completion of her trip?