ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karan.arulmani
Newly Registered

Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General

Post by karan.arulmani » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:46 pm

I am moving from Tier 1 Post study work visa to Tier 2 general(Sponsored by company). MY application is taken care by the company along with maintenance fund, application fee and everything. But what they said was they won't be able to support my wife's visa application(and asked me to apply that on my own). My wife is in Tier 1 Post study work DEPENDANT visa and i would liek to move her to Tier 2 general DEPENDANT visa . Could anyone please guide me with how much should i show as maintenance funds and how many months should i hold and also what other docs would be required for her dependent visa if she is applying with me?

TechUser
Newly Registered

Post by TechUser » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:44 am

hi ,

you need to maintain funds for dependent visa for 3 months. see the below link

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-imm ... y/#header4

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:51 am

By not "supporting" your wife's application the company may just have meant that they will not pay the application fee which is 434 or £809 depending on how she applies (provided she applies at the same time as you).

If they certified maintenance for you they probably also certified maintenance for your wife. Certifying maintenance in the CoS doesn't mean actuial expenditure by the company, it is only a tick in a box guaranteeing that should it be necessary they will provide maintenance for 1 month. The way it works is that by ticking the box they are certifying maintenance for both of you and if they don't want to certify maintenance for your wife they have to add a sponsor note to this effect.

Clarify the maintenance issue with the company.

karan.arulmani
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by karan.arulmani » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:41 am

Company has told that they would show maintenance for me and they wouldnt do anything just other than submitting her form with me. In that case, please let me know what all i should be doing for my wife's visa application.

Thanks in advance

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:28 am

manci wrote:Clarify the maintenance issue with the company.