ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Rejected

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Iira

PR granted

Post by Iira » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that PR was granted and our passports came back in around 4 months since getting COA (COA itself took 2 weeks).

For the ones applying as self-sufficient who are wondering what happens for the period you didn't have Private Health Insurance, it seems to be fine to take one by the time you send your documents to HO. No need to back date insurance or things like that. Also, it seems to be no problem having an insurance that does not include emergencies. Just be aware that insurance needs to cover all family members. Even if non-EU citizen is working, because the sponsor (EU-citizen) is not working, both members will need insurance.

I hope the information is useful for other people in the same situation.

Kind regards.

mamag
Newly Registered

Re: PR granted

Post by mamag » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:08 pm

Congrat , this is really good news , my PR application form was returned yesterday, asking for proof that i have been living in the UK in the last 5 years , i have now gathered every document required together and i will send the form back on Monday(am) , hopefully my PR will be granted in less than 5 months like your , fingers cross .

Iira wrote:Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that PR was granted and our passports came back in around 4 months since getting COA (COA itself took 2 weeks).

For the ones applying as self-sufficient who are wondering what happens for the period you didn't have Private Health Insurance, it seems to be fine to take one by the time you send your documents to HO. No need to back date insurance or things like that. Also, it seems to be no problem having an insurance that does not include emergencies. Just be aware that insurance needs to cover all family members. Even if non-EU citizen is working, because the sponsor (EU-citizen) is not working, both members will need insurance.

Kind regards.

reddevils4444
Newly Registered

Re: PR granted

Post by reddevils4444 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:07 pm

Iira wrote:Hi,

Kind regards.

Iira, thanx ure a dear.
im applying in 2 month for PR, and was going crazy coz i didnt have insurance for the past 5 years, didnt know about it till now, cheers and CONGRAT.

ABC12345
Newly Registered

Message to Datuchi re message left 15th December 2009???

Post by ABC12345 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:33 pm

Hi Datuchi - just a follow up of interest to your post in December 2009 to immigrationboards.com. Did you ever solve the problem of not having Comprehensive Medical Insurance retrospectively? What was the outcome, what was the solution (if there was one)? Did your spouse/partner get their PR? Please let us all know. Your post back then was very interesting, especially how you said that the case worker stated getting it NOW if you were still self sufficient would suffice, but then you said you were NOW working and that left them confused and then the line went dead. If the message on the side bar of the screen is correct and you are banned - please send me an email on [email removed], in case you cannot post? Please do respond either here for all of us or by email. Just replace the [blah] with the appropriate email parts (@, .) - need to do it this way to avoid internet spam from robots. Many thanks in anticipation....

frennyscott
BANNED

Re: Message to Datuchi re message left 15th December 2009???

Post by frennyscott » Tue May 11, 2010 7:36 am

Great news Iira. So finally your PR was granted. Ya your information will help other people who is facing this same type of situation which you had i past.

Zabeth
Newly Registered

Post by Zabeth » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:29 am

pisipatu wrote:I called UKBA a few days ago to clarify what needs to be covered by comprehensive insurance and was told that accidence and emergencies need to be covered.
But generally, the guys didn't know themselves what they want. I called twice. First time I asked that if my husband (non-EU) is still working, does he need a CSI as well. The guy from UKBA said that NO, only I need.
Then I called second time and another guy said that we both need. It doesn't matter that my husband is working and paying taxes.
Finally, I asked what needs to be covered and he just told me: I AM NOT AN EXPERT, CALL TO INSURANCE COMPANY AND ASK FULLY COMPREHENSIVE COVER!...when i said that I have already called to a number of companies and no-one covers A&E or even GP, he told be that I have to be covered and this is MY PROBLEM to find out this kind of insurance.

I also spoke to one insurance company and the guy there told me that they have had people before who needed this insurance for UKBA, but most of cases 'comprehensive insurance' in their terminology (in/patient and outpatient cover) had't worked with UKBA. So the insurance company didn't know as well what UKBA wants.

Finally I found that there are some insurance companies abroad who provide international health insurance and these packages cover A&E and GP, but not long term chronic issues.
Hi,

I am very much aware that I am excavating a very old post, but I thought it gave an interesting idea.
Can it be considered that it is "safer" to use a foreign private health insurance (thus to provide a EHIC) to prove CSI, rather than a UK Private Health Insurance?
In all I have read, the UKBA doesn't seem to discuss if a EHIC is comprehensive or not, the problem of a policy being accepted or not only occurs when the UKBA is faced to UK private health plans.

Does the EHIC represent a disadvantage throughout any state of EEA route applications?

Kind Regards

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:34 am

Zabeth wrote:
pisipatu wrote:I called UKBA a few days ago to clarify what needs to be covered by comprehensive insurance and was told that accidence and emergencies need to be covered.
But generally, the guys didn't know themselves what they want. I called twice. First time I asked that if my husband (non-EU) is still working, does he need a CSI as well. The guy from UKBA said that NO, only I need.
Then I called second time and another guy said that we both need. It doesn't matter that my husband is working and paying taxes.
Finally, I asked what needs to be covered and he just told me: I AM NOT AN EXPERT, CALL TO INSURANCE COMPANY AND ASK FULLY COMPREHENSIVE COVER!...when i said that I have already called to a number of companies and no-one covers A&E or even GP, he told be that I have to be covered and this is MY PROBLEM to find out this kind of insurance.

I also spoke to one insurance company and the guy there told me that they have had people before who needed this insurance for UKBA, but most of cases 'comprehensive insurance' in their terminology (in/patient and outpatient cover) had't worked with UKBA. So the insurance company didn't know as well what UKBA wants.

Finally I found that there are some insurance companies abroad who provide international health insurance and these packages cover A&E and GP, but not long term chronic issues.
Hi,

I am very much aware that I am excavating a very old post, but I thought it gave an interesting idea.
Can it be considered that it is "safer" to use a foreign private health insurance (thus to provide a EHIC) to prove CSI, rather than a UK Private Health Insurance?
In all I have read, the UKBA doesn't seem to discuss if a EHIC is comprehensive or not, the problem of a policy being accepted or not only occurs when the UKBA is faced to UK private health plans.

Does the EHIC represent a disadvantage throughout any state of EEA route applications?

Kind Regards
EHIC doesn't have Basic or Comprehensive option like private medical insurance. EHIC issued outside UK is fine

Zabeth
Newly Registered

Post by Zabeth » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:23 pm

Thanks.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
My understanding is that a EHIC just reflects that you have health insurance in a given country (I guess in the UK, it can simply mean someone is entitled to NHS, hence not enough for the UKBA).

Anyway, in this case, I was thinking about providing EHIC from outside UK of course. In which case, do you think the EHIC represent a disadvantage throughout any state of EEA route applications? Even when one intends to stay permanently?
...Could the EHIC even be a better solution?? Avoiding uncertainty about the Uk Private health plan acceptance by the UKBA

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:27 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Zabeth wrote:Thanks.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
My understanding is that a EHIC just reflects that you have health insurance in a given country (I guess in the UK, it can simply mean someone is entitled to NHS, hence not enough for the UKBA).

Anyway, in this case, I was thinking about providing EHIC from outside UK of course. In which case, do you think the EHIC represent a disadvantage throughout any state of EEA route applications? Even when one intends to stay permanently?
...Could the EHIC even be a better solution?? Avoiding uncertainty about the Uk Private health plan acceptance by the UKBA
European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)

If you are an EEA national and do not intend to remain in the UK on a permanent basis, you can provide an original, valid EHIC issued by an EU member state other than the UK.

You can still apply for a document confirming permanent residence if you have stated that you are in the UK on a temporary basis. This is because until a person has gained permanent residence, they will still be in the UK on a temporary basis.

Zabeth
Newly Registered

Post by Zabeth » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:41 pm

Thanks again for the reply.

I'm sorry if I seem to insist.. The thing is I have provided for my EEA registration Card application an EHIC and a cover letter mentioning that it is my intent to stay permanently in the uk and that I will provide a private health insurance policy before it expires. But now I have heard of a French health insurance which covers expats, which if I subscribe to, would in a way contradict what I have stated in previous applications.. Would that be a problem??

So is it possible to change the CSI proof document throughout the process, and specifically providing a EHIC whereas on previous applications a UK based private health insurance had been provided? Won't it seem to the UKBA that I am turning away from a uk health system which might be what they're looking for.. (and they might think that because I previously had uk health insurance, and decided to come back to EHIC.)

I understand it is possible to provide first a ehic and then a private health insurance.. somehow it means you're settling in UK.
What if it is the other way round and I want to provide EHIC although I have stated earlier that I intended to stay permanently.

Sorry again, if I seem to repeat myself.
I would like to know if the UKBA pays attention to such apparent clashes there seem to be when providing such documents concerning different declarations of intent to stay permanently or temporarily.

KR