ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will Requesting Passport Back Speed Up Process & How ...

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bessenjust
Newly Registered

Will Requesting Passport Back Speed Up Process & How ...

Post by bessenjust » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:51 pm

Do they supply the residency car if you are in possesion of your passport?

I have noticed some people request passports back and then shortly after receive their residency card. Do you think that requesting the passport back does speed up the process as it would kind of force a case worker to look through your file to ensure they have all the relevant documents etc before they send the passport back and whilst doing this they could perhaps notice that your application is valid and you are due a RC?

But moving forward, when they do send passports back, I have noticed people saying received passports x Feb 2013 and then received RC on X march 2013. How do they issue this RC as I thought they are printed in your passports???

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:20 pm

HO has some rules which says that if you have been waiting for more than 3 months, and request your passport back, they should then issue the RC unless there is a specific reason to delay.

I am not sure if they actually follow their rules in this area, but there you go...

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:25 pm

For anybody effected, I hope that my Surinder Singh Route Information Pages help.

bessenjust
Newly Registered

My Timescales

Post by bessenjust » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:23 am

07/08/13 – Posted Application
08/08/13 – Received by EEA department
13/08/13 – Received letter confirming application from HMRC (Dated 09/08/13)
13/08/13 – Requested passport return for myself
14/08/13 – Received response from Liverpool Passport team requesting RM ref number.
14/08/13 – Received email confirming my request would be sent to the relevant department.

facts

Re: Will Requesting Passport Back Speed Up Process & How

Post by facts » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:37 pm

bessenjust wrote:But moving forward, when they do send passports back, I have noticed people saying received passports x Feb 2013 and then received RC on X march 2013. How do they issue this RC as I thought they are printed in your passports???
Don't worry, they'll issue on an Immugration Status Document (A4 size paper) in case of EEA2 and EEA4 and on a blue sleeve in case of EEA1 and EEA3 applications.

bessenjust
Newly Registered

Post by bessenjust » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:40 pm

can we send the passport back to have it printed into the passport once granted on A4?

facts

Post by facts » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:00 pm

bessenjust wrote:can we send the passport back to have it printed into the passport once granted on A4?
Your RC on ISD (A4) is just as valid as in your passport. There is nothing to worry about. However if you really want it to be in your passport then it is possible.

Please see: Residence documents for non-EEA family members of EEA nationals
How to transfer your immigration status to your passport wrote:If you have an immigration status document, or your endorsement is in an old passport which has expired, you can apply for us to transfer your immigration status to your (new) passport. You must complete and send us a new application form with all the necessary supporting evidence. You will also need to send us your old passport containing the original vignette, or your immigration status document.

osiris

Post by osiris » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:02 pm

This helped in our case.

Sent in copies of passports initially in August 2012
Application declined Jan 2013.

Resubmitted with passports straight away.

When we received the COA, we asked for the return of passports for travel and RCs issued a few weeks later