ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC - family member EU National / ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iancoetzee
Newly Registered

BC - family member EU National / ILR

Post by iancoetzee » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:26 am

Hi All

Booked my appointment for next week and I want to check if my understanding of my eligibility for BC is correct =

I had a "Family member of EU" residence permit from 22 July 2008 - 21 July 2012.

According to research I have done , I get automatic permanent residence without having to apply.

That said , I applied for the ILR sticker in order to appease my employers and got that in April 2013.

So , my question is = Am I eligible for BC as I understood it ? OR do i have to wiat til April 2014 ??

Thanks in advance

facts

Post by facts » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:07 pm

iancoetzee
Newly Registered

Post by iancoetzee » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:24 pm

thanks , so it's Q5 that's relevant to my case and the last sentence there.

That's what I expected and I have all my 5 years evidence to send along that I will take to my appointment in case

Thanks for the speedy help :)

facts

Post by facts » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:10 pm

iancoetzee wrote: I applied for the ILR sticker in order to appease my employers and got that in April 2013.
iancoetzee wrote: ... I have all my 5 years evidence to send along ...
You'll need evidence for 6 years!

iancoetzee
Newly Registered

Post by iancoetzee » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:14 pm

Thanks , I have that as I applied for the ILR in Feb this year.

Obviously I will need subsequent months info after Feb to add to that.

Appreciate your concern :P

facts

Post by facts » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:36 pm

If you became eligible for permanent residence under EEA regulations only in Feb 2013 then you'll be eligible for naturalisation only in Feb 2014.

On the other hand if you can prove that you automatically obtained permanent residence under EEA regulations on or before Aug 2012 then you'll be eligible for naturalisation next week. Your evidence has to start from Aug 2007.

I hope this makes sense.