ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Appeal Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Londonguy79

Post by Londonguy79 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Hi Babs sorry one more question. When you reapplied did you tell them you had an open appeal from the last application?

Cheers

Londonguy.

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:07 am

Londonguy79 wrote:Hi Babs sorry one more question. When you reapplied did you tell them you had an open appeal from the last application?

Cheers

Londonguy.
Yes I did...Moreover,the HO is always aware about every appeal because the tribunal will always notify them once you appeal...

soniac

Post by soniac » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:31 am

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone in an appeal has heard anything back yet!?! We are in the middle of a paper appeal, all supporting documents had to be in by the 15th July and when I rang the tribunal they said our case is with a judge, but its going on a month and we still have not heard anything back....really beginning to stress here as I've read in some previous threads of judges making decisions within a few days after that cut off date they give you to submit documents. The home office is also reconsidering our case amd we havent heard from them as of yet....can this nightmare please come to an end once and for all with a positive result....we are approaching 9 months since our original application was made:((

lala27
Newly Registered

Post by lala27 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:12 am

I'm also expecting mine as well,the date to submit my final evidence was 23/07/13.but still expecting.

soniac

Post by soniac » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:37 pm

Thank you so much for the update....wondering if it has to do with the backlog of cases they are experiencing....hope it works out for both of us:))

lala27
Newly Registered

Post by lala27 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Amen

lala27
Newly Registered

Post by lala27 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:37 pm

I'm really tired of this tribunal decision the judge said,I'm not satisfied that this marriage is not one of convenience or I'm not satisfied the marriage is valid after all the evidence and the coi report confirm that proxy marriage is recognised in Nigeria under customary law in Nigeria.but how can a marriage be a convenience if is not valid.

soniac

Post by soniac » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:27 am

Lala27, you received the decision from the judge!?!?!?

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:11 am

soniac wrote:Thank you so much for the update....wondering if it has to do with the backlog of cases they are experiencing....hope it works out for both of us:))
I think you should contact home office again since you already got email from them saying reconsideration of your application.

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:15 am

lala27 wrote:I'm really tired of this tribunal decision the judge said,I'm not satisfied that this marriage is not one of convenience or I'm not satisfied the marriage is valid after all the evidence and the coi report confirm that proxy marriage is recognised in Nigeria under customary law in Nigeria.but how can a marriage be a convenience if is not valid.
Did ukba actually raised issues of marriage of convenience in your refusal letter? If not coi report you mentioned it's proof of your marriage validity from your home country. Is there other reasons raised when ukba refused your application?

lala27
Newly Registered

Post by lala27 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:38 am

No,the ukba did not raised that,they said proxy marriage is not recognised in Nigeria but the tribunal said,I'm not satisfied this is not one of marriage of convenience or I'm not satisfied the marriage is valid.

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:38 pm

lala27 wrote:No,the ukba did not raised that,they said proxy marriage is not recognised in Nigeria but the tribunal said,I'm not satisfied this is not one of marriage of convenience or I'm not satisfied the marriage is valid.
This is ridiculous despite evidence from coi report, what did your lawyer saying to address the issue?

lala27
Newly Registered

Post by lala27 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:46 pm

The judge did not check all the evidence because from his decision he did not mention about the evidence in my bundle but my lawyer said he going to appeal to upper tribunal.please do you know how long that will take

Yehowa
Newly Registered

Paper Appeal

Post by Yehowa » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Still waiting for Judge decision on my EEA2 paper appeal refusal. My deadline to submit final submission or evidences was 10 July 2013. It is now over one month no decision. What is really going on.

Anyone with similar experiences

lala27
Newly Registered

Post by lala27 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Call them

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:16 pm

lala27 wrote:The judge did not check all the evidence because from his decision he did not mention about the evidence in my bundle but my lawyer said he going to appeal to upper tribunal.please do you know how long that will take
How long it takes is not the problem, success is the most important just keep praying for positive results from upper tribunal. Good luck

soniac

Re: Paper Appeal

Post by soniac » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:45 am

[quote="Yehowa"]Still waiting for Judge decision on my EEA2 paper appeal refusal. My deadline to submit final submission or evidences was 10 July 2013. It is now over one month no decision. What is really going on.

Anyone with similar experiences[/quote]

I am waiting aswell....my deadline was July 15th....getting very frustrating now, made the appeal on April 30th:(( almost 4 months ago......

Yehowa
Newly Registered

Paper Appeal

Post by Yehowa » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:50 am

Indeed it is very emotional draining. My appeal was filed on 26th April 2013.
Let's keep on praying the good Lord will definitely intervene.

jamesadewale200

Post by jamesadewale200 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:43 pm

@ soniac ,did u call the tribunal to find out when ur appeal was herd on paper by the judge.though inal submission of ur evidences was 15th of July but u still need to find out when it was passed to the judge,where is your paper appeal heard.my own understanding of appeal is that judge has to send out a decision 10 working days after appeal heard.

Yehowa
Newly Registered

Paper Appeal

Post by Yehowa » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:29 pm

Got letter today from tribunal that my appeal has been scheduled for hearing on 17th Dec 2013. Unbelievable, my initial appeal on 26th April 2013 was on paper and got letter to submit further evidence and submissions by 10th July 2013 which I did HO did not submit anything and I did not received anything from them as well. Now it has been scheduled for hearing on 17th Dec 2013, this is a joke.

what might possibly be the reasons for this? Any help will do

soniac

Post by soniac » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:14 pm

[quote="jamesadewale200"]@ soniac ,did u call the tribunal to find out when ur appeal was herd on paper by the judge.though inal submission of ur evidences was 15th of July but u still need to find out when it was passed to the judge,where is your paper appeal heard.my own understanding of appeal is that judge has to send out a decision 10 working days after appeal heard.[/quote]

@jamesadeqale200, I rang them today and they told me my papers are still with the judge and that its a matter of when the judge looks at it, they said generally its within 4 weeks from when your document deadline is that the judge will look at the case, but that is just a general guideline. So Im not sure what is happening.....

soniac

Re: Paper Appeal

Post by soniac » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:00 pm

[quote="Yehowa"]Got letter today from tribunal that my appeal has been scheduled for hearing on 17th Dec 2013. Unbelievable, my initial appeal on 26th April 2013 was on paper and got letter to submit further evidence and submissions by 10th July 2013 which I did HO did not submit anything and I did not received anything from them as well. Now it has been scheduled for hearing on 17th Dec 2013, this is a joke.

what might possibly be the reasons for this? Any help will do[/quote]

That is unbelievable..... When I rang the tribunal today they said that for paper appeals they generally try to have them looked at by a judge within 4 weeks from the date of the final document submission.....I really hope they are not that back logged that it is going to take even longer for our cases to be decided:-(

jamesadewale200

Post by jamesadewale200 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:27 pm

This is the email i received from the tribunal,does it mean that my case has been decided on papers just waiting for the judge decision. Thank you for your e-mail.

We can confirm that we are currently awaiting a decision from the Immigration Judge as to the outcome of the appeal. 

Once the Immigration Judge has signed and dated their decision, the Tribunal will issue a copy to all applicable parties within two (2) weeks, from the date of the Immigration Judge's decision. 

astroraj
Newly Registered

EEA2 appeal or resubmission- Timeline

Post by astroraj » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:16 pm

Hi, I am an Indian and my girl friend is from Poland. We are living together as partners since last 3 years. I had applied for EEA2 visa on Dec 20 2012 through some solicitor of Visa agency, That time I was a PhD student and by Dec 31 2012 my student visa got expired. On 15 August 2013 my solicitor forwarded me a refusal letter from Home office with right to appeal, but the date on the letter mentioned was 01/08/2013. Now the time limit for appeal is 10 working days and by the time I recieved my refusal letter is 15 of August 2013. someone told me that they count the days from the date Home office write the letter, which means my time to appeal has already passed. The reason for refusal is lack of evidences to prove durable relationship. Now I have all the concrete evidences to prove that; do you think I have a right to reapply and have time to do that.

austin100

Post by austin100 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Re-apply again and you can still go ahead with the appeal if you want.
State the reason for submitting the appeal late . They will still consider it. Nothing to worry about it