ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 self sufficient ... 5 yrs Insurance not necessary ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

EEA4 self sufficient ... 5 yrs Insurance not necessary ?

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:02 pm

I was actually browsing the forum and found members got PR as self sufficient without 5 years private health insurance.. How was that possible ?

AN EU national applied for EEA3 and her Husband EEA4 as self sufficient . She didn't have Comprehensive insurance for time spent as self sufficient so home office rejected her PR application.

She was the EEA citizen and have been self-sufficient for most of the 5 years (only worked the first year). Non-EEA worked for the last 4 years

So after rejection they submit application again with Comprehensive insurance by taking one before sending and guess what they got PR

How was that possible ?

HO didn't ask any questions about not being covered for the 5 years.
They submitted the application a few weeks after being rejected and sent the original document from insurance company with their names and type of policy on it.

any idea how that was possible..

by the way read more here....

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=40
Last edited by askmeplz82 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

DGTLJNK

Post by DGTLJNK » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:37 pm

I would like to find out that too as I'm going to be applying for permanent residency in few weeks. It's all so confusing when it comes to showing the medical insurance, they seem to be very picky with the type of policy you hold as well.

Anybody can share their experiences?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:48 pm

DGTLJNK wrote:I would like to find out that too as I'm going to be applying for permanent residency in few weeks. It's all so confusing when it comes to showing the medical insurance, they seem to be very picky with the type of policy you hold as well.

if still looking for one

try WPA . Cheap and comprehensive and UKBA does accept their policy

DGTLJNK

Post by DGTLJNK » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:26 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
DGTLJNK wrote:I would like to find out that too as I'm going to be applying for permanent residency in few weeks. It's all so confusing when it comes to showing the medical insurance, they seem to be very picky with the type of policy you hold as well.

if still looking for one

I already got one, but havent held it for 5 years.

This is what i found on UKBA website :

Students issued with a registration certificate before 20 June 2011

If you were not asked to provide evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance, and later apply for permanent residence as a student, your application will not be refused solely on the grounds that there is no evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance on the date of decision.

For further guidance on the transitional arrangements for students who were issued with a registration certificate prior to 20 June 2011, please see Annex B of Chapter 6 of the European Casework Instructions (ECIs).

Students issued with a registration certificate after 20 June 2011, or never granted a certificate

You will need to provide evidence that you held comprehensive sickness insurance throughout the time you spent as a student.

So I guess having to prove the 5 years medical cover also depends on your personal situation , specifically whether you have applied for a registration certificate or have not.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:30 pm

DGTLJNK wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:

if still looking for one

I already got one, but havent held it for 5 years.

This is what i found on UKBA website :

Students issued with a registration certificate before 20 June 2011

If you were not asked to provide evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance, and later apply for permanent residence as a student, your application will not be refused solely on the grounds that there is no evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance on the date of decision.

For further guidance on the transitional arrangements for students who were issued with a registration certificate prior to 20 June 2011, please see Annex B of Chapter 6 of the European Casework Instructions (ECIs).

Students issued with a registration certificate after 20 June 2011, or never granted a certificate

You will need to provide evidence that you held comprehensive sickness insurance throughout the time you spent as a student.

So I guess having to prove the 5 years medical cover also depends on your personal situation , specifically whether you have applied for a registration certificate or have not.

this is what i read:

F. Transitional arrangements for students

Note: The transitional arrangements set out in this section apply only to
EEA nationals applying for permanent residence documentation (or for
exempt registration certificates for A2 nationals) on the basis of being a
student where they have been issued with a registration certificate in
that capacity before 20th June 2011.

 EEA nationals residing in the UK as a self-sufficient person.
Such persons have always been required to provide evidence of
comprehensive sickness insurance both in Liverpool and
Sheffield. The transitional arrangements do not, therefore, apply
to persons exercising Treaty rights in this capacity.

18. If an applicant does not fall within the transitional arrangements outlined above and they cannot provide evidence that they possess
comprehensive sickness insurance, then the application must be refused.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... d.pdf.html

austin100

Post by austin100 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:57 am

This sound interesting . Which means CSI can been taken even when divorced with Ex?
It sound like it is mandatory when making application