ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

date when referees sign your form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jasper_X
Newly Registered

date when referees sign your form

Post by Jasper_X » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:28 pm

so I will be eligible to apple for citizenship in late September,my question is, is it ok if referees sign my application before that date?
or does it need to be about the same time I'm sending the application to the UKBA?

VR

Date of Referee's signature

Post by VR » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:49 pm

It can be any date before the date on which you apply. There is a lot of confusion over this.

I advised a friend to get the referees to sign two copies of that page. One with a date and one without a date just in case any query popped up.

Ensure the rules for referees are met

a) One a British citizen professional or aged over 25
b) Two any commonwealth professional (from the list of approved professions- I have posted elsewhere).

both should have known you for 3 years.

Important some of them scribble while filling up the long page. It should be in black ink and ALL CAPS. Try to make sure this is done properly.
cheers
vr

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:20 am

I filled the details myself just asked them (refrees) to sign.Hope that is ok ?
Thanks
:-)

shieldguy

Post by shieldguy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:42 pm

I didn't Fill Referee details in section 5.2 myself except the one referee missed to add his profession so I had added it by myself

Please advise is this going to be ok

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:26 pm

should be ok. I will let seniors confirm this . Are you going through NCS or direct?
:-)

shieldguy

Post by shieldguy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:15 pm

NCS

VR

Should not be an issue

Post by VR » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:08 pm

Worst case what can happen, they can at best call your referees. Dont loose sleep over minor stuff.
cheers
vr