ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent problem

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

quebecm
Newly Registered

urgent problem

Post by quebecm » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:44 am

I was wondering if anyone can help on this for a friend. Friend is on ILR since 1999, came as a spouse in 1998. Got divorced, he married cause of ILR. Now he wants to marry again from a girl in pak. Issue is no record of divorce, wants to apply for naturalisation, in application form it asks state if you were married or seperated, what to do?

VR

Just mention separated

Post by VR » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:57 am

Application for BC can be independant of the spouse. Once he got ILR an independant pathway opens up.

How was the separation finalized? Decree Absolut should have been issued here if he was resident in this country and subject to family court proceedings here.

The reason I ask this question is the last think you want is for him to get arrested for Polygamy or trafficking if he marries again without having a formal annulment of his previous marriage.
cheers
vr

quebecm
Newly Registered

Post by quebecm » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:56 pm

Separation was through the islamic way, there is no documents for it and that was done back home.

Which application form does he needs to use?
Does he needs to mention that he is seperated? as there is no documents

thanks alot for ur help

VR

Separated

Post by VR » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:55 pm

quebecm,

He needs to apply normally and use the form AN.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... orm_an.pdf

There

1.15 check the box divorced

Then fill up details of the partner from

1.37 and give all the details

and in 1.42 mention the info on when the marriage ended.

Rgds
VR

facts

Re: urgent problem

Post by facts » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:44 pm

quebecm wrote:I was wondering if anyone can help on this for a friend. Friend is on ILR since 1999, came as a spouse in 1998. Got divorced, he married cause of ILR. Now he wants to marry again from a girl in pak. Issue is no record of divorce, wants to apply for naturalisation, in application form it asks state if you were married or seperated, what to do?
Sorry quebecm, what do you mean by: "he married cause of ILR"?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: urgent problem

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:51 pm

facts wrote:
quebecm wrote:I was wondering if anyone can help on this for a friend. Friend is on ILR since 1999, came as a spouse in 1998. Got divorced, he married cause of ILR. Now he wants to marry again from a girl in pak. Issue is no record of divorce, wants to apply for naturalisation, in application form it asks state if you were married or seperated, what to do?
Sorry quebecm, what do you mean by: "he married cause of ILR"?
Means it was a sham marriage.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.