ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PIO application query

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

win99

PIO application query

Post by win99 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:56 am

My kid recently got British passport and now i am in the process of applying PIO card for him at CGI birmingham (both the parents had ILR)

I have got few questions while filling the PIO application. i have also tried in this fortum to find out the answers however i haven't got the correct info.

1 ) section 3 B asking for permanent address

Can we mention my/partner india address.? or leave this as blank..?

2) section 3 C is asking for "address in indian"

what we need to write here in my case as my kid born here in UK. Do we need to write my(parents) india address or leave this as blank.?

3) after section 17 there is two boxes to mention thumb impression

do we need to mention thumb impression on both the boxes .? OR only in one box.? (left box for male and right box for Female)

4) At the end of the application does both parents need to sign on the declaration.? or one of the parent sign is enough .?

It would be great if some one can help me on this .?

Thanks in advance

win99

Please suggest

Post by win99 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi ban.s could you please help me on this.?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:34 pm

1. you can mention present address in section 3B as well. if you move to a different address later, then during PIO card renewal, you need include a proof of the new address. this is otherwise a cosmetic information.

2. you can provide parents address as c/o....

3. thumb impression in both the boxes

4. both parents should sign

win99

Thanks

Post by win99 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:50 pm

Thank you very much ban.s

Do we need to sign on the passport photo copy.? or any of the photo copies which we are submitting.?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:26 pm

The instructions at HCI don't specify anything about self attested photocopies for PIO. This is however a requirement for OCI submission.

I don't have first hand experience but I would just submit self attested photocopies. Will do no harm.

win99

thanks

Post by win99 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:59 pm

thanks ban.s. Will do the same.

win99

PIO experience CGI Birmingham

Post by win99 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:27 pm

Today i have submitted PIO application for my kid at CGI Birmingham.

I went there by 7AM. There is already almost 20 people in Queue and they have opened gates at 8;15Am and given tokens after security checks . I am second person for PIO application.

At 9AM they have started calling the token numbers to submit OCI applications and at 9:30 they have called first PIO token, My application was processed by 10AM.

Below is the documents which i have submitted

1. Application form (Both parents needs to sign at the declaration - don't forget as this is the first question they have asked me)
2. 4 passport size photos of baby (1 attached to application)
3. Full Version Birth Certificate of baby (checked and returned to me)
4. British Passport of Baby (checked and returned to me)
5. Passports of both parents - (checked and returned to me) - only front and back pages are enough for Copy
6. ILR BRP cards of both parents (checked and returned to me)
7. Marriage Certificate ( They haven't asked for this)
8. fee of £112 (cash)
9. Self addressed next delivery envelope

Take 1 photo copy of each document for all the above mentioned.

Will update in this forum once i get the PIO card.

Once again thanks to ban.s for helping me to fill the PIO application form.

-

sa.vj
Newly Registered

Question

Post by sa.vj » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi win99,

I am appling for PIO for my daughter who had indian passport (now surrendered back) and now has british passport.

I have following questions:

The form on the top says, fill in duplicate. Does that mean that i can fill one form, take a copy of it and then sign it. OR I need to fill two copies of form?

(Point 15. )
Have you or your parents or grand parents were born and were permanently resident in territories falling in present day India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, as on 30/03/1999

Do i need to fill my as well as my wifes' details (as we still have indian passport with ILR)? As for proof of residence, i have last year got my indian passport renewed and it has my indian address. Will that work?

Cheers!!

win99

Re : Question

Post by win99 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:04 pm

I have received my son PIO card on 14th Sept ( collection date was 16th sept) so everything is on track. Thanks to this forum.

Hi sa.vj
The form on the top says, fill in duplicate. Does that mean that i can fill one form, take a copy of it and then sign it. OR I need to fill two copies of form?
I have filled one application form and taken a copy of that . Lady at the counter asked for a copy of filled application . That's it
(Point 15. )
Have you or your parents or grand parents were born and were permanently resident in territories falling in present day India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, as on 30/03/1999
I haven't filled that section because i am holding a Indian passport with ILR status (similar to your status).
Do i need to fill my as well as my wifes' details (as we still have indian passport with ILR)? As for proof of residence, i have last year got my indian passport renewed and it has my indian address. Will that work?
yes. You will be fine.

I have mentioned my wife details under 2 B (mother's name) and both of our passport details under section 12 (have you or your parents or grand parents or great grand parents held indian passport? If 'Yes' please give details below)

I have mentioned my and my in-laws Indian address under section 16 ( it has two boxes)

Don't forget to mention both of your (both parents) signatures under declaration.

Let me know if you need anything else.?

Best of luck

sa.vj
Newly Registered

Post by sa.vj » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:30 pm

Thank you Win99 for reply.

Today I submitted the application. It was quite straight-forward (except the bit where you stand in line to get token).

07:40 09-OCT-2013 : Reached HCI, LONDON
08:45 09-OCT-2013 : Received Token no xx13, in short 12 people ahead of me.
10:15 09-OCT-2013 : got my token number and submitted the form in 10 min.

Document Requested:

1. Application form (Only original needed, NO photocopy or duplicate application form needed. As the lady at the counter didn’t ask for it even after mentioning it that I have it.)
2. 4 photos, 1 pasted on application, 3 in separate envelope.
3. Copy of Indian Passport surrender certificate, Original Requested for verification.
4. Copy of Naturalisation Certificate, Original requested for verification
5. Copy of my as well as wife's passport first and last page.

I opted for collection in person, and the date time given is 7-nov-2013, between 16:00-17:00.

Thanks.
Last edited by sa.vj on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sa.vj
Newly Registered

Post by sa.vj » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Thank you Win99 for reply.

Today I submitted the application. It was quite straight-forward (except the bit where you stand in line to get token).

07:40 09-OCT-2013 : Reached HCI, LONDON
08:45 09-OCT-2013 : Received Token no xx13, in short 12 people ahead of me.
10:15 09-OCT-2013 : got my token number and submitted the form in 10 min.

Document Requested:

1. Application form (Only original needed, NO photocopy or duplicate application form needed. As the lady at the counter didn’t ask for it even after mentioning it that I have it.)
2. 4 photos, 1 pasted on application, 3 in separate envelope.
3. Copy of Indian Passport surrender certificate, Original Requested for verification.
4. Copy of Naturalisation Certificate, Original requested for verification
5. Copy of my as well as wife's passport first and last page.

I opted for collection in person, and the date time given is 7-nov-2013, between 16:00-17:00.

Thanks.