ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2013 - Naturalisation application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukpass123
Newly Registered

Post by ukpass123 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:08 pm

Update :I went today to NCS - Richmond .A lady from there told me that indeed HO had experienced some difficulties in terms of giving a result to the July applicants.She also said that she expected to get the July results in batches (these were her words)...Also, according to her, yesterday they got the first batch in three weeks!...I suppose for the end of June applicants....

She gave me the Special Delivery reference number as I requested her to be given to me in order to check exactly when the documents were submitted to HO. I tried it using the Royal Mail site but it did not work...Maybe it is because it's been more than a month...I don't know...

How long have you been on the phone when you contacted HO - using that 08..number?I remember when I had to chase them for my PR - I had to wait for more than 30 mins 'in the queue'...

How long does it take to get a written answer from HO when you write them using that email (progressnationality ... mentioned above)?( an estimation )

Is the Special Delivery ref number used by NCS to send the papers to HO the same one that will be used when the docs from HO are returned?Someone told me so... but I am not sure..

Many thanks for your answers!

Have a nice evening!

Ukpass123

facts

Post by facts » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:46 pm

ukpass123 wrote:Is the Special Delivery ref number used by NCS to send the papers to HO the same one that will be used when the docs from HO are returned?
No.

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:39 pm

ukpass123 wrote:Update :I went today to NCS - Richmond .A lady from there told me that indeed HO had experienced some difficulties in terms of giving a result to the July applicants.She also said that she expected to get the July results in batches (these were her words)...Also, according to her, yesterday they got the first batch in three weeks!...I suppose for the end of June applicants....

She gave me the Special Delivery reference number as I requested her to be given to me in order to check exactly when the documents were submitted to HO. I tried it using the Royal Mail site but it did not work...Maybe it is because it's been more than a month...I don't know...

How long have you been on the phone when you contacted HO - using that 08..number?I remember when I had to chase them for my PR - I had to wait for more than 30 mins 'in the queue'...

How long does it take to get a written answer from HO when you write them using that email (progressnationality ... mentioned above)?( an estimation )

Is the Special Delivery ref number used by NCS to send the papers to HO the same one that will be used when the docs from HO are returned?Someone told me so... but I am not sure..

Many thanks for your answers!

Have a nice evening!

Ukpass123
Sorry but a application can take 2 weeks to 6 months plus. And the main reason is sometimes they don't follow fifo rules...so march applicants some of them waiting and july or aug may be got approved .....it is all about luck. And if you are a national of high risk country in that case more than average experienced a delay upto 1 to 3 extra month. Ncs lady told you right things but it doesn't mean july expectations. ..I think she mean she got certificate after 3 weeks and those certificate could be march April may june july combination and as you have received acknowledgement so you should nit worry my friend. I applied 1st of may probably and received approval only last week of july..after 12 weeks.. but people who applied in july received approval before me same may and june. But many in may and April even in March is waiting . And since 25th july there wasn't any approved or invitation letter...issued...and many members in this forum said so. Their system problems hasnt resolved yet but as they are working on it so yes it will be fixed any day from today to a week. And they also told me yesterday by email it should be resolve soon and people will start to get approval invitation ;-) if you really need it urgent and you have reason for that then request them by email. If your reasons are accepted I am sure you will get approval in 25 days time. I also have kids and you may know this is school holiday time and best time for holiday but I am stuck as due to their systems fault no invitation letter yet so I already cancel my visit to home country next month. I wish everyone get their approval and invitations letter shortly. But upto 3 months wait is normal as it can take upto 6 months. But I really don't know actual issue why my took 3 months and some only 3 weeks and some 4 to 6 month. I don't think it depends on only complexity if application. I think it is luck and your day will come..trust me..and once your day will come all those waiting won't bug you anymore. Hope you get approval soon.

ukpass123
Newly Registered

Post by ukpass123 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:18 pm

Thank you Skyiswide for your nice words :).
To be honest : I am from the EU area so I don't think my origin country can be considered of high risk...
However, I was quite unlucky last year when I applied for my permanent residence as I had to wait exactly 6 months for it .I applied in January 2012 - but I saw the card (which is not actually compulsory for the EU nationals) six months after in July 2012...Everyone who applied in January got the result in June/July but the ones who applied in Sept, Oct 2012 or even this year got it in less than a month...
The moral is :I think I chose a bad time to apply ....but I had to do it as I am traveling a lot and it is better to have it in my pocket.
Good luck to everyone !
:)

sokrates99

Post by sokrates99 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 pm

ukpass123 wrote: How long does it take to get a written answer from HO when you write them using that email (progressnationality ... mentioned above)?( an estimation )
Ukpass123
Hello,
I sent an email to this address on 30th July quoting my ref number and they replied on the following day at 9am.

fajr

Post by fajr » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:10 am

sokrates99 wrote:
ukpass123 wrote: How long does it take to get a written answer from HO when you write them using that email (progressnationality ... mentioned above)?( an estimation )
Ukpass123
I email them about my wife's application progress (applied 3rd July) and found a reply (within 5 hours) that "no decision has yet been made on your application."

Hoping at least the application is assigned to a case work.

ukpass123
Newly Registered

Post by ukpass123 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:02 am

fajr wrote:
sokrates99 wrote:
Ukpass123
I email them about my wife's application progress (applied 3rd July) and found a reply (within 5 hours) that "no decision has yet been made on your application."

Thanks Fajr for your answer.
What about you - Sokrates99?What did they say to you?Did they say the same sentence as for Fajr?

So far I haven't got any reply from them.I sent an email to them yesterday...let's see...

Fingers crossed!

10:57 am
Ok...just an update ...Finally I received an email from them .It says:
''
Dear Ukpass123,

Thank you for your email.

I have checked our records and can confirm the decision has been made on this application, the decision letter and any supporting documents should be with you shortly.

If you do not receive the decision by 29th August please contact us again.

I am unable to disclose the decision.

Kind regards,

Immigration and Visas | Home Office |Temporary Migration | Immigration and Settlement | Customer Contact Centre Floor | Sheffield | S3 8NS

Accredited to the Customer Service Excellence standard.''

So , now, I should start counting down ;)

Have a nice day guys and once again - Good luck to everyone!

Ukpass123

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:03 pm

ukpass123 wrote:
fajr wrote:
sokrates99 wrote:
Ukpass123

Thanks Fajr for your answer.
What about you - Sokrates99?What did they say to you?Did they say the same sentence as for Fajr?

So far I haven't got any reply from them.I sent an email to them yesterday...let's see...

Fingers crossed!

10:57 am
Ok...just an update ...Finally I received an email from them .It says:
''
Dear Ukpass123,

Thank you for your email.

I have checked our records and can confirm the decision has been made on this application, the decision letter and any supporting documents should be with you shortly.

If you do not receive the decision by 29th August please contact us again.

I am unable to disclose the decision.

Kind regards,

Immigration and Visas | Home Office |Temporary Migration | Immigration and Settlement | Customer Contact Centre Floor | Sheffield | S3 8NS

Accredited to the Customer Service Excellence standard.''

So , now, I should start counting down ;)

Have a nice day guys and once again - Good luck to everyone!

Ukpass123
good luck mate

when did they receive your application?

from your message; it seems like the IT problem was been fixed or they expect it to be fixed shortly.

Let's see if we start seeing decisions being made now.

Regards

D

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:15 pm

That sounds really positive... guess the decisions are now in the post and we will have loads of updates on the forum ....

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:36 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:That sounds really positive... guess the decisions are now in the post and we will have loads of updates on the forum ....
. :D :D :D :D

ukpass123
Newly Registered

Post by ukpass123 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:47 pm

I applied on the 4th of July .It was on a Thursday.The acknowledgment letter was issued on the 11th of July but the money was taken on the 8 th of 9th of July so ..I suppose they got my docs either on the 5th or on the 8th of July 2013.
Now, let's see when it comes....
:wink:

sokrates99

Post by sokrates99 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:06 pm

ukpass123 wrote: What about you - Sokrates99?What did they say to you?Did they say the same sentence as for Fajr?
Hi, i had a different question to them. I posted them a document which i forgot to include in my initial application and in the email i asked them to confirm that they received it and linked it to my case. They confirmed that in they response.

fajr

Post by fajr » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:06 pm

ukpass123 wrote:I applied on the 4th of July The acknowledgment letter was issued on the 11th of July :wink:
my wife's application timeline just a day ahead of yours. I wonder what's happening with her application. Very tempted to send another email but worried about annoying them.

nehalbhagat

Reply..

Post by nehalbhagat » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:24 pm

Glad to hear that someone had response from UKBA.
I applied for my wife on 4th July and still waiting.
Does one think I should get result soon ?

keep us posted all July awaiters :-)

quantumscience

Post by quantumscience » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:38 pm

My wife’s application was submitted on 16th July (AN6(2) i think – based on holding ILR for 7 years (after 2 years of Spouse/settlement visa), married to British Citizen (me) for 9 years.
After acknowledgement (on 23rd), it’s been just silence.

She wrote to them today, and received an email within an hour saying "No decision has been taken on the application."

We will check again with them (via email) in another 4 weeks time. Will keep you all informed.

(In the lighter vein!)... Maybe in the next email, I could be tempted to ask them if they have purchased a printer yet! (which seems to be their problem for about a month+). There are couple of good ones with good reviews in Argos ;) that i can recommend. Ha! :)

Got to laugh off this stressful waiting time with some jokes somehow... :)

sameeer

Post by sameeer » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:07 pm

LOL...

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:01 am

lol that was hilarious the iT issues do sound like they have broken their printer, the ink is finished or the guy that prints all the docs out aint even have the printer plugged in

I hope not long to wait for all July applicants

hass1234
Newly Registered

Post by hass1234 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:04 pm

Hope its fixed unless ukpass123 was approved before 23rd of July as there issue with printer :?: only started after that.

ukpass123
Newly Registered

Post by ukpass123 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:58 pm

Don't worry guys!I've just got the letter .My application has been approved.It is dated :19 JULY 2013!!! ->Today - it is 16th of AUGUST!!!

Sad, happy ...I really don't know how to describe myself now...because I've just called the place (Richmond) where I am meant to attend the citizenship ceremony and the earliest date for it will be :25 SEPT 2013!!!
There is another option to take an individual(private) ceremony paying £100 for it.I don't know what to do...They said that they could do it immediately in less than a week...What do you do if you were in my place?

I went also to another borough (Hounslow) - the one where I live - the earliest date is Oct 10...even worse than the one mentioned on my application form -Richmond. I called Kinston - but their answer was completly wrong telling me that it is impossible to book an appointment with another borough because it is something related to my taxes!!! I told her that I had already booked a place for attending the citizenship ceremony in Richmond ...she did not know what to say....just blank..

To be honest - I don't have a certain reason to speed up the process but if I go on the 25th of Sept ..I may see the passport (if I am lucky ) in November...which is a bit toooo much ...and my holiday to the US will be ruined..cause I can't make it..

Maybe you can give me an idea...

Thank you for all your positive thoughts!

Have a nice evening!

Ukpass123

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:48 pm

ukpass123 wrote:Don't worry guys!I've just got the letter .My application has been approved.It is dated :19 JULY 2013!!! ->Today - it is 16th of AUGUST!!!

Sad, happy ...I really don't know how to describe myself now...because I've just called the place (Richmond) where I am meant to attend the citizenship ceremony and the earliest date for it will be :25 SEPT 2013!!!
There is another option to take an individual(private) ceremony paying £100 for it.I don't know what to do...They said that they could do it immediately in less than a week...What do you do if you were in my place?

I went also to another borough (Hounslow) - the one where I live - the earliest date is Oct 10...even worse than the one mentioned on my application form -Richmond. I called Kinston - but their answer was completly wrong telling me that it is impossible to book an appointment with another borough because it is something related to my taxes!!! I told her that I had already booked a place for attending the citizenship ceremony in Richmond ...she did not know what to say....just blank..

To be honest - I don't have a certain reason to speed up the process but if I go on the 25th of Sept ..I may see the passport (if I am lucky ) in November...which is a bit toooo much ...and my holiday to the US will be ruined..cause I can't make it..

Have a nice evening!

Ukpass123
Congrats on your approval; I think your choices are simple: if you are not bothered about the wait, go for the group ceremony; if you need to go to the US, book the individual one (or travel on your other passport). I wouldn't try to book a different NCS, they would have to send your certificate there and might get lost; I'd try to keep it as simple as possible.

It seems like your certificate was issued before the 25th of July, which is when the IT problem started, so not sure the IT problem is solved now... we will see if more people get letters now....

Has anyone else got a decision letter lately?

tinku
Newly Registered

Post by tinku » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:27 pm

ukpass123 wrote:Don't worry guys!I've just got the letter .My application has been approved.It is dated :19 JULY 2013!!! ->Today - it is 16th of AUGUST!!!

Have a nice evening!

Ukpass123
Congrats!

If I were you I wouldn't wait that long for group ceremony and thinking about US trip without any hesitation I would go for £100 private ceremony. At the end of the day it's your choice :D

Cheers,
T

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Post by GBEMI » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:39 pm

Eligibility criteria; 10YRS AND 1 YR ILR
Method of application; self post
Date of application submission ; 31/JULY 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA; 01/July/ 2013
Date of debit if fees; 05/July/ 2013
Date of acknowledgement ; 09/July/2013
Date of receipt of approval;
Date of ceremony;

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:25 am

GBEMI wrote:Eligibility criteria; 10YRS AND 1 YR ILR
Method of application; self post
Date of application submission ; 31/JULY 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA; 01/July/ 2013
Date of debit if fees; 05/July/ 2013
Date of acknowledgement ; 09/July/2013
Date of receipt of approval;
Date of ceremony;
do you mean 31st june 2013?

mycloud8
Newly Registered

Post by mycloud8 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:52 am

[quote="ukpass123"]

or get a visa in your current passport?! you need to attend London embassy etc. but will cost you the same amount of money (for private cer) and is normally valid for 10 yrs!

ukpass123
Newly Registered

Post by ukpass123 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:24 pm

Thank you Derivaz,Tinku,Myclouds!
mycloud8 wrote:
ukpass123 wrote:
or get a visa in your current passport?! you need to attend London embassy etc. but will cost you the same amount of money (for private cer) and is normally valid for 10 yrs!
Unfortunately my Bulgarian passport is expired.I usually travel to/from my country based on my Bulgarian identity card.It can be used in the EU area without any probs. I did not plan to have a new Bulgarian ppt as I was sure that I would get a Brititsh one shortly.I know that for US you need a passport ..but ...now it is too late to apply for a BG ppt...that's no point...

Probably I will go on Monday to book a private citizenship ceremony.

Keep'n touch!

Ukpass123