ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contacting MP info

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

katievoroncova
Newly Registered

Contacting MP info

Post by katievoroncova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:37 am

Hi,
My Naturalisation decision is still not here - applied on 13/03/2013 through NCS.

I am aware that it is pretty pointless contacting the local MP before 6 months has passed, however I just want to be prepared.

Please could somebody advise how to contact the MP in the area & what the MPs can actually achieve on your behalf?

Thank you!

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:46 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:47 am

You just need to contact your local MP, an email asking for help would suffice obviously including your details and any Home Office ref number.

They can ask for an update.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:06 pm

am also going to see my MP as I applied on 28th of march .n even i made a complaint to ho as well.

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:41 pm

ayesha11 wrote:am also going to see my MP as I applied on 28th of march .n even i made a complaint to ho as well.
Some mp won't write before 6 months. As it won't be classified as reasonable delay. And some mp will write you after 2-3 months if you have valid reason. Like you need to travel or you need to attend your family wedding etc. And if Mp decide yo write in your favour. I am sure you guys will get a decision in 10 days from mps letter to them. And to uour mp they will give details if incase application needs more time. I will sugest both of you simply wtite to MP and request them....and don't forget to say me thanks after you approval. And I am sure if your application is straight forward then you will receive approval after or within 7 to 10 days.

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:03 am

skyiswide wrote:
ayesha11 wrote:am also going to see my MP as I applied on 28th of march .n even i made a complaint to ho as well.
Some mp won't write before 6 months. As it won't be classified as reasonable delay. And some mp will write you after 2-3 months if you have valid reason. Like you need to travel or you need to attend your family wedding etc. And if Mp decide yo write in your favour. I am sure you guys will get a decision in 10 days from mps letter to them. And to uour mp they will give details if incase application needs more time. I will sugest both of you simply wtite to MP and request them....and don't forget to say me thanks after you approval. And I am sure if your application is straight forward then you will receive approval after or within 7 to 10 days.
My MP told me to wait for another one month

facts

Post by facts » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:04 pm

ayesha11 wrote:
skyiswide wrote:
My MP told me to wait for another one month
Till 28 Sept?
It's sad to see some people have to wait full 6 months :cry:

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:45 am

katievoroncova wrote:Hi guys,

Unfortunately my app has 'fallen in the back of the draw' somewhere since 13th of March 13. I have chased UKBA using the e-mail addresses, filed an official complaint, wrote to my local MP who agreed to write to the Director to chase this up. UKBA are aware that I had done those things and I also threatened them about the MP taking the case to the Parliamentary Ombudsmen. So far, no response.

I have also tried to call the number, but that just has a robot saying that all progress updates are now followed up using e-mails...

Has anyone got a better telephone number to call please?

Thank you in advance
Derivaz wrote:Hi Katie

When did your MP contact the UKBA?

I think you can call the normal number and choose the options 2/2 (applications over 6 months) and they answer there; according to some posters.

did you email them using the nationality progress email?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.