ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

isabela

hi

Post by isabela » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:24 pm

hi everyone :lol: has any one applied for pr using the eea 4 at the beginning of march?i have phone them few times some but the same answer ur application is with a case worker its nearly going for 6 months and now its really scaring me,why they make us suffer this way?wen u been working all the time and dooing everything right?please if any one share it with us?
:D :roll: :roll: :roll:

SouthWest1

Personal Experience

Post by SouthWest1 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:14 pm

hi all,

I understand every one is under pressure when it comes to their applications and their time-scales with HO. From my experience, set your mind for 6 months and if it is decided in shorter time, then its a bonus.
as for my self, i took the solicitor route as my situation was a bit of mix up.
He put the case forward along with a very detailed cover letter and the application was decided within 5 months.

my advice, if you think your situation is not straight forward, then you better check with a lawyer before hand. yes, it cost me money but it saved my a lot of hassle.

Good luck for every one awaiting for a decision.

lake1
United Kingdom

PR received less than a month.

Post by lake1 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:55 pm

I have never posted here or registered to the site before but have been a frequent visitor to the site so felt it right to share my experience.

I received an excellent service from the Home Office and have gained from people's experience so will like to say a big "THANK YOU" to HO and everyone.

I applied for my PR last month (June), having read here that i can apply early i applied about 2 weeks early. This morning (July) i received my PR in the post, this means the application took a little over 1 month and considering i applied early that means my PR was confirmed less than a month from when i acquired it.

This is a very very very good turnover and will like to thank the HO and my case worker once again for an excellent service.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: PR received less than a month.

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:13 pm

lake1 wrote:This is a very very very good turnover and will like to thank the HO and my case worker once again for an excellent service.
This forum is not affiliated with or used by the HO (or HO employees). It might be better to send them a card than to post here. ;-)

Congratulations.

lake1
United Kingdom

Re: PR received less than a month.

Post by lake1 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:37 pm

Jambo wrote:
lake1 wrote:This is a very very very good turnover and will like to thank the HO and my case worker once again for an excellent service.
This forum is not affiliated with or used by the HO (or HO employees). It might be better to send them a card than to post here. ;-)

Congratulations.
True talk Jambo and thanks for the congratulation, i know the site is not affiliated to HO and i wasnt directing the thanks to them in such a way that i expect them to see it, its was just a way to show i received an excellent service and thumps up to them in a way someone who isnt happy with them will complain on the site too.

Am already looking into sending them a card for the excellent service i received.

bagaja
Newly Registered

Can you please advice me on this ...applying for PR

Post by bagaja » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:44 am

My wife told child tax credit that she is single and also got council house 2 months ago as a single parent with house benefit.she told them that she is separated from me but still married. but I am living with her as i have no where to go and can,t work as UKBA stop me from working due to my previous solicitor applied for FLro application and is still pending..
IN the application form of permanent residency I am ok to write the same address as my wife or I have to mention different address. Is the UKBA can find from the council that my wife is separated from me and only she is living on that address not me..
Can you please advice me on this....?
I will be very thankful to you.

bagaja
Newly Registered

Re: Can you please advice me on this ...applying for PR

Post by bagaja » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi Guys,
My EU spouse has acquired PR by working here from2003 to 2008.we got married in 2007 .now I want to apply for PR do I have to show to the ukba about my wife is exerciseing her treaty right between my 5 year residence card period or I dont have to because my wife has already acquired PR.

PLz advice me .
Thanks

isabela

Moved to uk 2006 married ror 2011 apply for pr 2013

Post by isabela » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi guys'll have apply for pr 2013 march.can any one help me please cos it's only 3 weeks left and I phone the home office and the told me tha same story it's not on the final stage yet.i want to rite them a letter but can't find we're it says that a decision should be done in 6 months time.please if u can send me a link or help me were it states.your help would really mean a lot to me thanks in advance :(

lake1
United Kingdom

Re: Moved to uk 2006 married ror 2011 apply for pr 2013

Post by lake1 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:19 pm

isabela wrote:Hi guys'll have apply for pr 2013 march.can any one help me please cos it's only 3 weeks left and I phone the home office and the told me tha same story it's not on the final stage yet.i want to rite them a letter but can't find we're it says that a decision should be done in 6 months time.please if u can send me a link or help me were it states.your help would really mean a lot to me thanks in advance :(
Page 12 of the below link. 17.3

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

isabela

hi

Post by isabela » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:45 pm

hi lake1 thanks so much for your help :lol:

lake1
United Kingdom

Re: hi

Post by lake1 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:48 pm

isabela wrote:hi lake1 thanks so much for your help :lol:
My pleasure.

The above reference was for RC, you might want to quote - page 13. 18.2 for PR as that's what you applying for.

isabela

hi

Post by isabela » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:31 am

Hi guys does any one have the right email address for home office to check progress on eea4 form application,every email i got from this site its bouncing back your help is appreciated :o :o

Panicbutton
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by Panicbutton » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:35 pm

Hey there,

Was wondering if anyone else has heard of the HO doing an unannounced visit, My partner(Algerian) and I(Irish) have been waiting just over 6 months and yesterday morning two officers turned up at 8am wanting to check that we are legit. Unfortunately I was at work so they insisted on checking out our house for proof e.g. our bedroom and where our clothes were. I'm quite shocked & so is our local MP.

We are desperate to get the application approved soon as I need to apply for an Algerian Visa before we fly out for a wedding in early September.

Has anyone had this experience or heard of it...it seems a little unorthodox.....

Application Sent: 2/02/13
COA Received: 28/02/13
Further Info & Letter requesting them to confirm they had everything, Which was ignored: 15/05/13
Visit to MP: 13/07/13
MP sent letter: 22/07/13
Rang Home Office: 01/08/13 - Told that they were waiting for my passport, although offical copies sent in with application.
Visited MP again; 02/08/13 - He rang them as he was furious
HO called us: 02/08/13 - They called & asked us to send in my passport
Passport sent: 02/08/13
Passport received: 05/08/13 @ 07.03!
Rang HO: 08/08/13 - Just to check the status, told it was a priority?!
Unannounced Visit: 09/08/13 - They told my partner there was an issue because we hadn't sent my passport (I needed it to travel) He told them that it was sent & received on the 5th & he had spoken to the HO the day before. They also said they were happy that we are a genuine couple & would file a report stating that.

whereismyRC
Newly Registered

timeline

Post by whereismyRC » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:08 pm

Hello everyone

I've recently received my PR Card.

Here is my timeline:

HO received application 23/04/2013
COA received 30/04/2013
PR Card received 1/08, date issued 26/06/13 (not sure what happened in between but THANKS GOD it has arrived! ).

Many thanks to everyone posting the information. This forum is truly a great help through the whole process !
Good luck to those who is still waiting!

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Hi

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Panicbutton wrote:Hey there,

Was wondering if anyone else has heard of the HO doing an unannounced visit, My partner(Algerian) and I(Irish) have been waiting just over 6 months and yesterday morning two officers turned up at 8am wanting to check that we are legit. Unfortunately I was at work so they insisted on checking out our house for proof e.g. our bedroom and where our clothes were. I'm quite shocked & so is our local MP.

We are desperate to get the application approved soon as I need to apply for an Algerian Visa before we fly out for a wedding in early September.

Has anyone had this experience or heard of it...it seems a little unorthodox.....

Further Info & Letter requesting them to confirm they had everything, Which was ignored: 15/05/13
Rang Home Office: 01/08/13 - Told that they were waiting for my passport, although offical copies sent in with application.
Unannounced Visit: 09/08/13 - They told my partner there was an issue because we hadn't sent my passport (I needed it to travel) He told them that it was sent & received on the 5th & he had spoken to the HO the day before. They also said they were happy that we are a genuine couple & would file a report stating that.
Hope it's real . I heard stories like that in local news paper people like that turn up with fake ID from Inland revenue, Immigration, Bank

tell you wife before allowing anyone to enter call Home office to confirm or even take their picture . I am not saying they don't home visit. They do but many scammer or thief out there too

back in 2008 i had similar visit from someone TV licence with fake ID. I allowed that guy to check all the room when i was downstairs. But he was a scammer. He stole my cheque book and tried to withdraw money from my bank account but i was lucky Bank send me letter so they deposit the money back to my account

WebMonkey

Post by WebMonkey » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:32 pm

Something weird is happening with my application, maybe someone here can shed some light on it.

I applied for EEA4 via Retention of Rights in October 2012, been chasing the UKBA like a mad person since the 6 months elapsed. I've complained twice via email and once via signed for delivery, no response. I've involved my local MP and to be honest, they seem to be pretty useless in helping me getting any closer to an answer.

Everytime I phone them I get the same speech, your application has not been considered yet and I have to be patient and wait but last week an operator asked me strange questions. She asked if the Home Office had been in contact, obviously that was a no response. She said it looks like they have made their decision and then asked me if I sent in a special delivery envelope with my application. I replied yes but told her I stupidly did not write down the tracking no. She then said, that is no problem and gave me my tracking no and then explained that they have had problems at their despatch office in Liverpool but did not elaborate what it might be. She then said it has been like that for a week now....

So, a few days passed, I keep checking Royal Mail Track n Trace website but it still just says the item has not reached them yet to be tracked. I decided to ring the Home Office again and check on my progress.... now they are telling me no decision has been made and to be patient... WTF?

:roll:

victoria2
Newly Registered

Application fees

Post by victoria2 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:09 pm

If submitting two application together (EEA3 and EEA4) do we have to pay the fee for each application. We are 3 people included in EEA3 and the same 3 people are included in EEA4. One application cost 165.00 so shall we pay double for two?

Amebo
- thin ice -

Re: Application fees

Post by Amebo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:22 pm

victoria2 wrote:If submitting two application together (EEA3 and EEA4) do we have to pay the fee for each application. We are 3 people included in EEA3 and the same 3 people are included in EEA4. One application cost 165.00 so shall we pay double for two?

Listen VICTORIA2, EEA Forms are very easy to understand and fill, IF YOU APPLYING ALONE YOU HAVE TO PAY 55pnds, and if you are APPLYING FOR FOR 2 OR 3 PERSON, YOU HAVE TO PAY 165pnds. ie 55 X 3 = 165pnds....

Hope you understsand,

pls start a new thread next time. Cheers
LET YOUR WILL BE DONE, OH LORD

victoria2
Newly Registered

Aplications Fees

Post by victoria2 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:15 pm

Thanks Amebo, I didn't read the guide for application well, now I understand. :)

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:26 pm

WebMonkey wrote:Something weird is happening with my application, maybe someone here can shed some light on it.

I applied for EEA4 via Retention of Rights in October 2012, been chasing the UKBA like a mad person since the 6 months elapsed. I've complained twice via email and once via signed for delivery, no response. I've involved my local MP and to be honest, they seem to be pretty useless in helping me getting any closer to an answer.

Everytime I phone them I get the same speech, your application has not been considered yet and I have to be patient and wait but last week an operator asked me strange questions. She asked if the Home Office had been in contact, obviously that was a no response. She said it looks like they have made their decision and then asked me if I sent in a special delivery envelope with my application. I replied yes but told her I stupidly did not write down the tracking no. She then said, that is no problem and gave me my tracking no and then explained that they have had problems at their despatch office in Liverpool but did not elaborate what it might be. She then said it has been like that for a week now....

So, a few days passed, I keep checking Royal Mail Track n Trace website but it still just says the item has not reached them yet to be tracked. I decided to ring the Home Office again and check on my progress.... now they are telling me no decision has been made and to be patient... WTF?

Really annoying... I feel sorry for you. That's too long. You can complaint to SOLVIT. 6 - 8 months most people.

Victoriajam

Post by Victoriajam » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:22 am

[quote="WebMonkey"]Something weird is happening with my application, maybe someone here can shed some light on it.

:roll:[/quote]

Dear WebMonkey,

It is true that there were some technical issues printing RCs. These started around the 23rd of July, but should be resolved by now. We had the same situation as you. One caseworker told us our application has been decided and when our MP called them, they told her no decision has been made yet. I am very sure your case has been decided and the second time you called, the person could not be bothered to look up your file and gave you the standard answer. I would contact them again and say you know it has been decided, then ask when it will be posted.

Not long to go now. Good luck!

kenfree
Newly Registered

know the feeling!!!

Post by kenfree » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:11 pm

Victoriajam wrote:
WebMonkey wrote:Something weird is happening with my application, maybe someone here can shed some light on it.

Dear WebMonkey,

It is true that there were some technical issues printing RCs. These started around the 23rd of July, but should be resolved by now. We had the same situation as you. One caseworker told us our application has been decided and when our MP called them, they told her no decision has been made yet. I am very sure your case has been decided and the second time you called, the person could not be bothered to look up your file and gave you the standard answer. I would contact them again and say you know it has been decided, then ask when it will be posted.

Not long to go now. Good luck!
I am in the same situation as you. Phoned them several times and was told that they have made a decision already. However, they are having problems in their despatch department that are affecting the delivery of Residence Cards. So, we only have to wait!!!! :(

mezoued
Newly Registered

Post by mezoued » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:16 pm

I am in the same situation its been over 7 months since i applied for EEA4 and phone them recently been told no decision has been made yet and been asked to write to the caseworker by post.Any one did the same and got an answer by post ?thanks

Panicbutton
Newly Registered

Re: Hi

Post by Panicbutton » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:20 pm

askmeplz82 wrote: Hope it's real . I heard stories like that in local news paper people like that turn up with bad quality ID from Inland revenue, Immigration, Bank

tell you wife before allowing anyone to enter call Home office to confirm or even take their picture . I am not saying they don't home visit. They do but many scammer or thief out there too

back in 2008 i had similar visit from someone TV licence with bad quality ID. I allowed that guy to check all the room when i was downstairs. But he was a scammer. He stole my cheque book and tried to withdraw money from my bank account but i was lucky Bank send me letter so they deposit the money back to my account
He checked their ID's and they had the offical Car in the drive way. We have since received a letter from the HO via our MP which didn't say anything at all, just confirming the dates we applied and asked for us to be patient!

Rang them again on Friday and after 20mins all I got was you have to be patient and continue to wait. We have now requested my passport back but not his as if he left to go home he would not be allowed to leave Algeria without a visa.

3 weeks till we are due to leave, I'm hoping for a miracle!

Interesting to see they are having problems with their dispatch office, I hope that is why it's been delayed now.

Thanks

silontong
Newly Registered

Post by silontong » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:28 am

Timeline Application

13/02/2012: Application (EEA4) submitted. (My EEA2 will expiry 12 July 2012.)

17/03/2012: Received back all documents and letter from HO dated 14 March 2012. Before I tried to send a certified copy of my passport instead of the actual document and it was returned to me.

18/03/2012: Send back again all documents to HO with original passport.
20/03/2012: Application received by HO

20/04/2012: Received CoA dated 18/04/2012. Explained that CoA should only be accepted by employers within 6 months of the date issue for continue my job which is my EEA2 will expiry 12/07/2012.

24/08/2012 : Got PR for 10 yrs

28/05/2013: Apply for British Citizen, paid £874, use Local Authority service £50 and pass Life in the UK test, £50. It does mean i don't have to wait 1year hold PR because 6years count start when 1st landing in UK with EEA1, 5th Nov 2006, so by Nov 2012 is 6 yrs.

11/06/2013: Granted Citizenship and invited to Oath. Due to Oath every Thursday, i could make it 2 month after on my paid Holiday on Local council.

08/08/2013: Oath, Get British Citizen Certificate.

08/08/2013: Apply for British Passport straight away normal without post office service, counter signature get ready in my application 2 month before, and i saw money already debited from my Bank account 22nd August 2013, £72.50

29/08/2013 i will attend Interview for 1st passport, and they said within 7days if successful i will get new British passport.

Wish me luck guys :)