ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) and SET(M) applications - November 2012 timelines

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bl2013

Re: November 2012 Application

Post by bl2013 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:20 pm

PR2013 wrote:
PLRN2013 wrote:
highbee wrote:Applied under set (o) since Nov 2012, MP wrote and Home Office replied last Month stating still in progress. Called them last week and they told me same. Any Nov applicants receiving responses yet?

No reply for me..... get the same standard response....."stil in progress"
Same here. Applied in Nov, Bio done in Jan, "still in progress"
Hi same here to its almost 7 months of waiting, called them on last mon and same response!! Getting tired of this waiting game, have not seen my wife for more than 8 months.

JILRN2012
Newly Registered

Hello all

Post by JILRN2012 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:24 pm

I have called home office for an update and got a response :

Still working and October/November applications dead line for all back logs end of summer that would be August end.

Did anyone got any update from home office or received the documents.
Tried any other approach to speed the process ?

PR2013
Newly Registered

Re: Hello all

Post by PR2013 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:46 pm

[quote="JILRN2012"]I have called home office for an update and got a response :

Still working and October/November applications dead line for all back logs end of summer that would be August end.

Did anyone got any update from home office or received the documents.
Tried any other approach to speed the process ?[/quote]

Thank you for the update!
Applied beginning of Nov, haven't heard anything since. From the forum, it seems like quite a few Oct applicants are still waiting for theirs to be processed. Doesn't sound promising if they are working towards the deadline of end of Aug for summer applicants. It's almost 8 months wait for Nov applicants so fingers crossed for all of us who are still waiting.

lc
Newly Registered

November 2012 application

Post by lc » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi all

I'm also frustrated and about to lose a lot of money on a trip booked last year. I never imagined I needed to allow 8 months to get my passport back!

My timeline is:

20 Nov - applied
22 Nov - confirmation letter
16 Jan - biometrics submitted
22 May - Wrote to my MP, who then sent a letter to Home Office. MP informed me it normally takes 8 weeks for them to receive a response...
26 June - Chased my MP, they had not heard anything further. They then rang the enquiry line, again told no progress
4 July - Rang Home Office (again!) and was told they were now working on November applications

I am due to fly in exactly 2 weeks...have pretty much given up hope. I have also missed out a new job opportunity, as I couldn't travel for an interview and they didn't like my uncertain job status.

bl2013

Re: November 2012 application

Post by bl2013 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:01 pm

lc wrote:Hi all

I'm also frustrated and about to lose a lot of money on a trip booked last year. I never imagined I needed to allow 8 months to get my passport back!

My timeline is:

20 Nov - applied
22 May - Wrote to my MP, who then sent a letter to Home Office. MP informed me it normally takes 8 weeks for them to receive a response...
26 June - Chased my MP, they had not heard anything further. They then rang the enquiry line, again told no progress
4 July - Rang Home Office (again!) and was told they were now working on November applications

I am due to fly in exactly 2 weeks...have pretty much given up hope. I have also missed out a new job opportunity, as I couldn't travel for an interview and they didn't like my uncertain job status.
Hi my timeline is almost same as yours and i should be on my holiday next friday 12 of july with my wife that i have not seen for 9 months now. i booked my holiday months ago and i lost all hope now. :(

JILRN2012
Newly Registered

Post by JILRN2012 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:33 pm

My timeline is almost same as you guys.
bl2013 it's too close.

I have to cancel my holiday twice and work related travel.
I guess will lose job soon if cant travel for work purpose.

bl2013 wrote:

My timeline is:

20 Nov - applied

Hi my timeline is almost same as yours and i should be on my holiday next friday 12 of july with my wife that i have not seen for 9 months now. i booked my holiday months ago and i lost all hope now. :(

bl2013

Post by bl2013 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi
I know there is not much we can do that wait and hope its gonna be soon, thats the life sometime you win and sometime you lose :(.

JILRN2012 wrote:My timeline is almost same as you guys.
bl2013 it's too close.

I have to cancel my holiday twice and work related travel.
I guess will lose job soon if cant travel for work purpose.

bl2013 wrote:

My timeline is:

20 Nov - applied

highbee
Newly Registered

Re November 2012 applications

Post by highbee » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:03 am

Believe we can only wait, pray and hope for something positive.

JILRN2012
Newly Registered

Re: Re November 2012 applications

Post by JILRN2012 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:55 am

Anyone got any update regarding Nov applications.

Atleast any new update from UKBA while enquires rather the same old update " application still in process"

Thanks
highbee wrote:Believe we can only wait, pray and hope for something positive.

lc
Newly Registered

Post by lc » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:34 pm

Great news!! I just received a call from Home Office, they said my application has been processed and passport will arrive on Tuesday next week.

I sent a letter yesterday attaching a copy of my flight details requesting them to expedite my application. I am due to fly next Sunday.

When they called they mentioned my upcoming trip, so I have no doubt it made the difference.

Keep on chasing everyone!! I think it really does help.

(I applied November 20th 2012, Biometrics done in January 2013)

bl2013

Post by bl2013 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:10 pm

lc wrote:Great news!! I just received a call from Home Office, they said my application has been processed and passport will arrive on Tuesday next week.

I sent a letter yesterday attaching a copy of my flight details requesting them to expedite my application. I am due to fly next Sunday.

When they called they mentioned my upcoming trip, so I have no doubt it made the difference.

Keep on chasing everyone!! I think it really does help.

(I applied November 20th 2012, Biometrics done in January 2013)
Hi lc all the best and enjoy your ILR :) .
I applied 20th nov to bio jan but no response yet.
Could you describe on what grounds did you request them to expedite your application is it just the flights or something else please.
Where did you sent the letter? thank you

lc
Newly Registered

Post by lc » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:57 am

Hi lc all the best and enjoy your ILR :) .
I applied 20th nov to bio jan but no response yet.
Could you describe on what grounds did you request them to expedite your application is it just the flights or something else please.
Where did you sent the letter? thank you[/quote]

Hi!

I just asked in my letter if they could please expedite, as I needed to fly and then I attached a copy of my booking details.

I tried to fax the letter but couldn't get through, so just sent it by normal post to the case office (my was in Liverpool).

Best of luck!

JILRN2012
Newly Registered

Finally got my ILR...

Post by JILRN2012 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:17 am

Finally got my ILR...
Timeline :
Application Type : SET O.
Application sent : 8th Nov, 2012
Acknowledgement Letter dated : 12th Oct, 2012
Biometrics Enrollment : 14th Jan, 2013
ILR Approval and Documents Received : 23rd July, 2013
BRP Card Received : 24th July, 2013

Almost 8.5 months wait.

Good luck to all November applicants.Hopefully the wait for Nov applications will end soon..

PLRN2013
Newly Registered

Post by PLRN2013 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Congratulation! :)

LondonFilmFan
Newly Registered

Post by LondonFilmFan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:27 pm

Cross-posting this from the main thread, as I'm a November victim as well:

Application: ILR SET(O) Other
Date submitted: 13 November 2012
Acknowledgement Letter: never received
Biometrics Enrolment Letter: 22 MARCH 2013
Biometrics Enrolled: 27 March 2013 (the day my solicitor received the letter)
Letter from UKBA to MP: 13 May 2013 stating my application "is waiting to be assigned to a caseworker for consideration"
Approval Received: ???
Return of passport & docs: ???
BRP ILR Received: ???

My case is complicated, but the fact is that no one had even taken a look at it within the six month period. I didn't even get biometric enrolment invite until March!

Through my solicitor, I submitted an official complaint which the UKBA "aims" to respond to within 20 business days. That didn't happen, of course. A second complaint has also gone unanswered (sent 28 June). I have asked my MP to continue to write to the UKBA looking for answers. It took three letters from her before they replied in May and they have yet to answer a further two (possibly three) since that time.

Despair isn't a word I use lightly, but it has reached that point. I have no valid ID. I haven't been able to work as I need a new CRB to do my job. All I have is my US birth certificate, which isn't accepted for that. I've contacted my embassy who might issue me an emergency passport IF the UKBA will put in writing that they cannot return my passport without the application being withdrawn.

It's all such a big, awful mess and it has really taken a toll on me. Interesting to see here that they seem to be getting to November applications now, but I know there is every chance that will be meaningless for me. After all, I never had an acknowledgment letter and it took them 4 months to send me the biometric invite.

Anyway, that's my unfortunate story in a nutshell.

Oh and hi there.

camb76
Newly Registered

Post by camb76 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:20 pm

Type of application: SET(O)
Type of previous residency: 2yr HSMP + 3yr Tier 1 G
Dependant: 1
Payment method: Credit Card

Date Applied: 28/11/2012
Date of payment: 03/12/2012
Date of the acknowledgement letter: 03/12/2012
Biometric letter: 23/01/2013 (dated 18/01/2013)
Biometrics done: 25/01/2013
Date of approval: 22/07/2013
Documents received back: 25/07/2013

Almost 8 months from application to date of documents receipt.

PLRN2013
Newly Registered

Post by PLRN2013 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:27 pm

Congratulation :)

sat23
Newly Registered

Post by sat23 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:46 pm

ype of application: SET(O)
Dependant: 2
Payment method: Card

Date Applied: 25/11/2012
Date of payment: 30/12/2012
Date of the acknowledgement letter: 27/12/2012
Biometric letter: 15/01/2013
Biometrics done: 21/01/2013
Date of approval:
Documents received back:waiting
biometric Card:[color=green]21/08/2013[/color]
Last edited by sat23 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PR2013
Newly Registered

Post by PR2013 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:56 pm

It's been 9 months for me. Still haven't heard anything yet. Some Dec applicants have already received theirs. Not sure if mine has gone to a different queue??? From a recent report on What do they know, only 65% November Set(o) have been decided. So I guess we can only wait.

[quote="sat23"]ype of application: SET(O)

Date of approval: waiting
call to HO last week they told "your application with us still not make decision you need to wait....."
Any November update?????[/quote]

ilr-tracker

Post by ilr-tracker » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:44 pm

No idea how the applications as accessed...as some of the April'13 applications have also been decided..
I think its high time you should involve MP..your case seems straight forward.
PR2013 wrote:It's been 9 months for me. Still haven't heard anything yet. Some Dec applicants have already received theirs. Not sure if mine has gone to a different queue??? From a recent report on What do they know, only 65% November Set(o) have been decided. So I guess we can only wait.
sat23 wrote:ype of application: SET(O)

Date of approval: waiting
call to HO last week they told "your application with us still not make decision you need to wait....."
Any November update?????
Make this world a better place to live

LondonFilmFan
Newly Registered

Post by LondonFilmFan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:32 pm

I spoke to the UKBA today to try to find out what was happening. They stated how there was an MP involved (as if I didn't know that already) and eventually told me that the application had yet to be "completed", which when I asked for clarification on that, it meant that there's been no decision yet. She also mentioned their goal of clearing the backlog by the end of summer, which she went on to state was by "the end of September". Of course, there are no guarantees that will happen, she added.

I also tried to get an email out of them (or a letter) stating that I cannot receive my passport back without withdrawing the application. I need this to show to the US Embassy in order to try to get an emergency passport. She put in a request for this to happen, but again, no guarantees.

I cannot get over how useless this agency is.

sat23
Newly Registered

Post by sat23 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:35 am

Any Update?? :) :( :) :( :roll:

iceCold

Post by iceCold » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:00 pm

LondonFilmFan wrote:I spoke to the UKBA today to try to find out what was happening. They stated how there was an MP involved (as if I didn't know that already) and eventually told me that the application had yet to be "completed", which when I asked for clarification on that, it meant that there's been no decision yet. She also mentioned their goal of clearing the backlog by the end of summer, which she went on to state was by "the end of September". Of course, there are no guarantees that will happen, she added.

I also tried to get an email out of them (or a letter) stating that I cannot receive my passport back without withdrawing the application. I need this to show to the US Embassy in order to try to get an emergency passport. She put in a request for this to happen, but again, no guarantees.

You CAN get your passport without withdrawing the application. The website gives wrong info, but when I called they said you can request any document back which will be sent back within 20 working days. Also they mentioned if in case they need the passport back later during the process, you should sent it right back to them.

LondonFilmFan
Newly Registered

Post by LondonFilmFan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:20 pm

iceCold wrote:
LondonFilmFan wrote:I spoke to the UKBA today to try to find out what was happening. They stated how there was an MP involved (as if I didn't know that already) and eventually told me that the application had yet to be "completed", which when I asked for clarification on that, it meant that there's been no decision yet. She also mentioned their goal of clearing the backlog by the end of summer, which she went on to state was by "the end of September". Of course, there are no guarantees that will happen, she added.

You CAN get your passport without withdrawing the application. The website gives wrong info, but when I called they said you can request any document back which will be sent back within 20 working days. Also they mentioned if in case they need the passport back later during the process, you should sent it right back to them.
My solicitor said that I couldn't, but I had a call from a caseworker yesterday. Several calls really, to determine what would be the best way forward, as to renew a US passport, it takes 4 weeks. This is because the old passport needs to be sent to the Embassy, who in turn send it to the US. All proper passports are printed in the US and then sent out.

Now, because my case is rather complicated, I didn't want to risk that my passport gets lost somewhere in the shuffle (it contains a vital endorsement) and I didn't want to further delay the decision-making progress. They were apparently willing to allow me 2 months to return the passport before the application is withdrawn. While, I suppose that's generous of them, the fact is, I've already been anxiously waiting 9 months for an outcome. The last thing I want is to extend that wait any longer than necessary. Unfortunately, he couldn't tell me when a decision might be made. So it's frustrating, but he did say that he'll be sending me a supporting letter to take to the Embassy.

I guess we'll see. I just so desperately want this to be over :cry:

sat23
Newly Registered

Post by sat23 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:14 pm

Biometrics card received:21/08/2013