ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

self employed tier1 general extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kalbash
Newly Registered

self employed tier1 general extension

Post by kalbash » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:20 pm

hi guys. need help. got my own business, its a newsagent (self employed)

pay VAT quarterly, have my UTR no. been paying Class 2 NI regularly, can produce profit n loss accounts. the only thing i cant do is the invoices. i mean its impossible to produce the invoices.

are the invoices must? Can i send all the till rolls instead? or what is the alternative

thanks

vin123
Member of Standing

Re: self employed tier1 general extension

Post by vin123 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:26 am

I was under the impression that tier 1 is for highly skilled immigrants, and they have to prove that they are employed/working in the same capacity they qualified to get the visa in the first instance.

kalbash wrote:hi guys. need help. got my own business, its a newsagent (self employed)

pay VAT quarterly, have my UTR no. been paying Class 2 NI regularly, can produce profit n loss accounts. the only thing i cant do is the invoices. i mean its impossible to produce the invoices.

are the invoices must? Can i send all the till rolls instead? or what is the alternative

thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:43 am

vin123 wrote:I was under the impression that tier 1 is for highly skilled immigrants
Yes (the meaning of highly-skilled depends on perspective. UKBA has its own).
vin123 wrote:and they have to prove that they are employed/working in the same capacity they qualified to get the visa in the first instance.
No. Was only applicable to the old HSMP scheme before 2007.

OP - read the policy guidance.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:11 am

sushdmehta wrote:
OP - read the policy guidance.
Ok, I understand "policy guidance" ...was modestly curious when I came to know there are newsagents on a tier1 general visa.