ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mn1 registration of child birth successfull. Next step?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mubeen2809
Newly Registered

Mn1 registration of child birth successfull. Next step?

Post by mubeen2809 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi and thank you for all the help you guys are giving to people.
I wanted to know that i have registered my first child to be registered as a british citizen here in the uk using MN1 form under 3(2). He was born in pakistan and I have now recieved his registration cirtificate.

How do i apply for his first british passport?
The registration document is for what?
I m going to pakistan on 21 august 2013 to give an application in for my wife's spouse visa. And also to apply for my child first passport.
Can you please guide me through the process.[/b]

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:42 pm

For a spouse visa see here (click)

Your child can apply for a Passport in Pakistan but that will likely take some time I would say around 16 weeks.

Assuming your child will have a Pakistan passport.

Alternatively, the child can apply for a Certificate of Entitlement (click) which should only take 4-6 weeks and then can always apply for a British Passport in the UK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mubeen2809
Newly Registered

Post by mubeen2809 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Thanks for a reply
No my child does not hold any passports at the moment.
He has just been registered as a british citizen and i only have the registration document. Home office said i need to apply for his passport in pakistan.
It will take 6 months. But does the registration certificate guarentee him a passport. He is only 1 year old.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:00 pm

Does he have a Pakistan passport? I am sure getting a Pakistan Passport and travelling into the UK with a CoE will be quicker than waiting 6 months for a British Passport, he will be able to get a British Passport in the UK with his certificate of registration as British (this is not a CoE) which you have been issued.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mubeen2809
Newly Registered

Post by mubeen2809 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:44 pm

No he does not have any passports.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Well I'm sure he can get a Pakistani one can he not?

mubeen2809
Newly Registered

Post by mubeen2809 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:30 am

Thanks for your replies as i learned something new from you.
I just wanna find out whatdocument do i need to apply for my childs first passport along with registration certificate whis says he is now a british citizen. And what is the process for it. I will be giving it to british high commission islamabad.
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:10 pm

syed8550
Newly Registered

Post by syed8550 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:28 am

if you still have your valid Pakistani passport then simply go to Pk high commission or conulate with child birth cert and two photos, apply for nadra card (an hour process) apply to endorce child on your passport. (u ll have to submit receipt of nadra application) by this u ll save money for pk passport. hav yr trip and apply for british pp when return

mubeen2809
Newly Registered

Post by mubeen2809 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:19 am

Hi and thanks for your replys.
I want to give aaplication for my childs first british passport. I have his registration certificate issued by home office. He was born in pakistan and still living there. My wife is pakistani citizen and i am british citizen.

Now the problem is that british high commission islamabad needs my registration document, british birth certificate or naturalisation certificate but i dont have any of them because i m dual national and i became british when i was 7. And i was issued only british passport at the time.

Please help me. I m going to pakistan in 2 days.
I have all the other relevant documents.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:13 am

mubeen2809 wrote:Hi and thanks for your replys.
I want to give aaplication for my childs first british passport. I have his registration certificate issued by home office. He was born in pakistan and still living there. My wife is pakistani citizen and i am british citizen.

Now the problem is that british high commission islamabad needs my registration document, british birth certificate or naturalisation certificate but i dont have any of them because i m dual national and i became british when i was 7. And i was issued only british passport at the time.

Please help me. I m going to pakistan in 2 days.
I have all the other relevant documents.
Child's registration certificate should be sufficient. Parents' documents should be unnecessary. Else, use the same documents that you used to obtain child's registration.
Last edited by vinny on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:19 pm

raja123 I have split your posts to this thread (click).