ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from HO different from the ones others reported. CoA?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wb00
Newly Registered

Letter from HO different from the ones others reported. CoA?

Post by wb00 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:01 pm

Hello all,

I have just received a letter from the HO with the saying:

"Thank you for the application by the above-named on Form EEA2. It will now be passed to a casework unit to await consideration.
If there is an issue with the fee you have paid, your application will be deemed to be invalid and returned to you as soon as possible by post. You will be advised on what action you need to take to make a valid application.
Our advice to all applicants is not to make any non-urgent travel plans until we have decided the application and returned the passports or travel documents.
We would appreciate it if you did not enquire about the progress of the application before you hear from us. It is not possible to make enquiries in person about the progress of an application at any of our Public Enquiry Offices.
Please note that our pubished service standart is to complete applications within 6 months. Some applications will be resolved much sooner, especially for EU nationals. All applications are considered in application date order unless there are any documented compelling or compassionate reasons to prioritise.
If you need documents...

Home Office"

The letter also has no signature nor a name at the end, just "Home Office"

Questions:
- Is it my COA?
- In case it is, can I complain to the HO it doesn't state my right to work (I'm married to an EU national)?

I would really appreciate if someone could assist me on that.

thewhittaker
Newly Registered

Post by thewhittaker » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:20 pm

I've received the COA after that same letter you got.

You should get another letter stating 'Certificate of Application' on it.

wb00
Newly Registered

Post by wb00 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Thank you for the reply mate!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:25 pm

You can certainly ask why your COA was not issued immediately as is required by law.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:25 pm

wb00 wrote:I have requested the return of my passport 20 days ago, and they weren't sent to me yet. I have tickets to fly to Czech tonight, where my wife's family lives (she is there with them these days). Is there a possibility I can get my entry granted and my boarding authorised, and my return to the UK on CoA? My passport and other documents are still at the UKBA and I only have with me my ID (I'm a brazilian national), company ID badge, CoA and paper copy.
Ps: I'll be returning before her, as I have to work on Monday.
Jambo wrote:You need a travel document (passport) to travel. You will be able to enter with the CoA if you don't have a RC yet but having a passport is a must.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.