ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

not sure if I got ILR or not?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newbie_2013

not sure if I got ILR or not?

Post by newbie_2013 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:26 pm

Hi all

I've applied for my ILR in person this morning and just been handed over my documents and left the building. However the letter i was given didn't say anything like 'your ILR has been approved' . Instead it says that I will receive my BRP in 10 days blah blah. Does that mean I've gotten my ILR?

Also they returned all documents except my absence letters. Is it normal?

A quick reply would really calm me down.

Cheers

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:29 pm

Many many congratulations ! I told you you will be fine . Enjoy!!!

dk2011

Re: not sure if I got ILR or not?

Post by dk2011 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:31 pm

[quote="newbie_2013"]Hi all

I've applied for my ILR in person this morning and just been handed over my documents and left the building. However the letter i was given didn't say anything like 'your ILR has been approved' . Instead it says that I will receive my BRP in 10 days blah blah. Does that mean I've gotten my ILR? -- Yes is the answer.

Cheers[/quote]

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:36 pm

You ILR is approved, don't worry.
BRP is now a part of the process, and I am sure you were fingerprinted and photographed at PEO itself, correct ? Which PEO did you visit ?

newbie_2013 wrote:Hi all

I've applied for my ILR in person this morning and just been handed over my documents and left the building. However the letter i was given didn't say anything like 'your ILR has been approved' . Instead it says that I will receive my BRP in 10 days blah blah. Does that mean I've gotten my ILR?

Cheers

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:40 pm

dk2011 wrote:Many many congratulations ! I told you you will be fine . Enjoy!!!
Thanks DK2011. Was meant to msg you personally :) but still a bit confused lol. So I got the ILR right? What's wrong for UKBA mentioning that in the letter, it would calm people down.
Is it normal for them to retain all the supporting documents like absence letters, etc?

Cheers

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:43 pm

vin123 wrote:You ILR is approved, don't worry.
BRP is now a part of the process, and I am sure you were fingerprinted and photographed at PEO itself, correct ? Which PEO did you visit ?

newbie_2013 wrote:Hi all

Cheers

Thanks. It's solihull. Will post the details soon. Running out of battery in the phone. :)

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:10 pm

[quote="newbie_2013"][quote="dk2011"]Many many congratulations ! I told you you will be fine . Enjoy!!![/quote]

Thanks DK2011. Was meant to msg you personally :) but still a bit confused lol. So I got the ILR right? What's wrong for UKBA mentioning that in the letter, it would calm people down. --Yes you have got ILR.
Is it normal for them to retain all the supporting documents like absence letters, etc?--Yes. It is normal and nothing to worry about as long as it is geniune .

Cheers[/quote]

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:33 pm

dk2011 wrote:
newbie_2013 wrote:
dk2011 wrote:Many many congratulations ! I told you you will be fine . Enjoy!!!
Thanks DK2011. Was meant to msg you personally :) but still a bit confused lol. So I got the ILR right? What's wrong for UKBA mentioning that in the letter, it would calm people down. --Yes you have got ILR.
Is it normal for them to retain all the supporting documents like absence letters, etc?--Yes. It is normal and nothing to worry about as long as it is geniune .

Cheers
That's a relief. Interesting they still need to validate the letters even after approving ILR. Not a problem anyways though.