ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Expiring Soon, Come Back As Visitor

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mling1985
Newly Registered

Visa Expiring Soon, Come Back As Visitor

Post by mling1985 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi there, I m currently on a tier 1 psw visa and it expires next month, I am planning on leaving before it expires and come back as a visitor. My question is, do I have to go back to my home country first? or can i go to somewhere close like France for a few days and re enter uk as a visitor?

Thanks in advance

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:08 pm

What's your reason for wanting to come back to the UK as a visitor? Are you a national of a country that doesn't normally require a visa to visit the UK?

Be aware that the border officials can take a dim view of this sort of situation and will refuse you entry if they decide you're not a genuine visitor.