ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Accoun

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FZ

HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Accoun

Post by FZ » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:59 am

I am applying for the naturalization of my wife (as a British citizen’s wife). She is a full time mum and sells items on eBay (as a part timer). So she registered herself with HMRC as a sole trader this year. HMRC issued her a certificate / letter, stating that she is exempt from tax since she earns very less.

Now the guidance notes of AN form states for self-employed person to submit a “most recent HMRC self-assessment statement of account” with the application.
Now the problem is she doesn’t have the statement of her account. First of all she is exempt from the tax right now and secondly she started doing this business from this year.

She rang HMRC to find out, if she can get the above. They said her you will only get the above, once you pay some tax and because you started doing business this year, consequently we will send you the papers to submit your tax returns in January 2014 (before the end of tax year 2013/14).

My question is what should we do, if we don’t have the “most recent HMRC self-assessment statement of account” night now?

Thanks

VR

Simples

Post by VR » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm

FZ,

Just attach the letter exempt from HMRC saying she is exempt from tax.

In the Form on Page 13 FURTHER INFORMATION NOT COVERED IN OTHER SECTIONS

Mention that the papers for submitting Tax returns will arrive only in January 2014(before the end of the Tax year 2013/14)

Cheers
VR

PS: Dont attempt to Manufacture things you dont need to!!!

nathan_nathan

Post by nathan_nathan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:59 pm

I applied in april 13 and had provided this Self assessment statement but NCS said it was not needed and gave it back to me. My approval came through. So check with NCS if possible.
Last edited by nathan_nathan on Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:19 pm

nathan_nathan wrote:I applied in april 13 and had provided this Self assessment statement but NCS said it was needed and gave it back to me. My approval came through. So check with NCS if possible.
Yes providing a HMRC reference number should be suffice as the Home Office has the means to check HMRC records.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.