ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment Card for My Citizenship Application - CC or DC....??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ak36

Post by ak36 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:34 pm

I am applying for my British Citizenship via NCS next week. I am slightly confused as to what payment card I should use. I have already filled in the payment slip and have mentioned my Credit Card detail in that and have asked the card company (VISA) to put a marker on my account for this payment. However, they want a date on which payment will be taken from the card which obviously I cannot provide as no one can be definite about when HO will start processing the application and will take the payment.

I have no issues with my Debit Card and can use that for payment but I am just not sure which card will be hassle free as I don't want HO to delay my application because of any issues with payments when there are sufficient funds available on both cards for this purpose.

I would appreciate if you could share your experience here.

Thanks,

VR

Use your Credit Card and you should be fine

Post by VR » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:42 pm

Worst case if for any reason the payment does not go through, they will contact you. Credit card has worked as well as debit cards. Just that from a safety standpoint you are better off giving your credit card.
cheers
vr

ak36

Post by ak36 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:53 am

Thanks VR.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:38 pm

I know Halifax and M&S credit cards will approve the payments if you let them know in advance. With other banks as well credit card should not be a problem. Ring them and ask to put a note on the account with who the payment will be and how much, if they have put any upper limit on account make sure that is removed, even given your phone number. So when the payment is made it will be approved or they can ring you straight away to approve.
With debit cards banks have their own common security system that may not allow payment above certain amount to be made without your approval, so chances of delay.

ak36

Post by ak36 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:47 pm

Thanks neoseal.

Like VR, your reply also favours Credit Cards over DC. I have already filled in my CC details in the payment slip so I am not on the wrong track.

Many thanks for your comments guys.