ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

letter from JobCentre for unemployed applying Schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

redbuta
Newly Registered

letter from JobCentre for unemployed applying Schengen visa

Post by redbuta » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:50 pm

Dear all,

My wife and I are planning to visit Spain together this September.

We are both UK permanent residents (ILR). However, my wife is a full time housewife at the moment hence she is unemployed.

I found in the document requirements, it is stated that for unemployed, she need a JobCentre letter showing she has JSA(job seeker allowance) from DSS.

However, it will take at least 6 weeks even if she is eligible (she might just has a little bit more the 16K limit in bank) to apply for the JSA.

Is there any alternative documents that will help her application?

She now has ILR, can she still apply the Schengen tourist visa as my dependent using a marriage certificate and its translation?

Many thanks in advance!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:21 pm

If you have sufficient funds for a family holiday this should not be an issue. There is no need for spouses to have independent income of each other.

redbuta
Newly Registered

Post by redbuta » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:24 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:If you have sufficient funds for a family holiday this should not be an issue. There is no need for spouses to have independent income of each other.
Thanks!