ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is spouse passport copy required for Acc EU family visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Is spouse passport copy required for Acc EU family visa

Post by Sunshine86 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:05 pm

Hi Everyone

Can you please clarify whether the Irish Embassy needs a photocopy of my spouse (British Citizen) to apply for the Family visa of Eu Citizen as it doesnt say on the requirements below from the INIS website or on the documents at the Irish Embassy Indian centre. Can you please clarify. If its not needed that means I can apply straightaway rather than waiting for my husband to apply fr the British passport as he recently has become one-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spouse/Child/Partner- Qualifying Family Members who wish to ACCOMPANY EU Citizen to Ireland – Reside

If you are the non EEA spouse

or

child (under 21 years),

or

the child of the non EEA spouse,

or

the non-EEA partner of an EU Citizen, in a long-term relationship that has existed for at least 2 years,

or

a civil partner who has contracted a registered partnership, or is a party to a class of legal relationship specified in the Civil Partnership (Recognition of Registered Foreign Relationships) Order 2010 as entitled to be recognized as a civil partnership,

and

you wish to ACCOMPANY the EU Citizen to Ireland the following documents are required:

Fully complete the online application form, and submit your signed summary application form, and photographs.
In addition to the signed summary application form, please also submit a signed letter of application

Passport
In the case of a married couple, Marriage Certificate – evidence (apostilled document) that marriage has been registered in applicant’s country of origin/residence

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:32 pm

They will definitely require his passport photocopy...otherwise, how can you prove he is an EU citizen?

paddy12
Newly Registered

Re: Is spouse passport copy required for Acc EU family visa

Post by paddy12 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:36 pm

hi .... yes they will ask your spouse's passport copy along with your original current and expired passport if you are applying. not only this you need to prove that relationship exist by sending copies of entry and exit stamps on your spouse's passport and wedding picture also.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:54 am

chaoclive wrote:They will definitely require his passport photocopy...otherwise, how can you prove he is an EU citizen?
Hi Chaoclive,

My spouse applied for British citizenship so he has a letter from Her Majesty (UK Home Office) confirming his citizenship. So I was wondering whether this would suffice to prove that he is a EU citizen?

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Re: Is spouse passport copy required for Acc EU family visa

Post by Sunshine86 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:57 am

paddy12 wrote:hi .... yes they will ask your spouse's passport copy along with your original current and expired passport if you are applying. not only this you need to prove that relationship exist by sending copies of entry and exit stamps on your spouse's passport and wedding picture also.
Hi Paddy12

But on the other replies they have only mentioned to present the passports and marriage certificate. No need to provide them with any other proof?
Also, the spouse passport is not mentioned in the above requirements, is this what you understand because I am not able to get it right?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:20 am

I'm not sure why you just don't apply for the passport to make life easy.

That said, an EU citizen can choose how they wish to show entitlement. Therefore, in theory the citizenship certificate along with another form of identity would be sufficient.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:28 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I'm not sure why you just don't apply for the passport to make life easy.

That said, an EU citizen can choose how they wish to show entitlement. Therefore, in theory the citizenship certificate along with another form of identity would be sufficient.
Thank you for your response, but if my husband apply for the passport, it will almost take 6 weeks and then adding the processing time of 4 weeks for this family visa brings the timeline of 2-3 months. And since we have been already living apart for almost 10 months I just dont want do add any more months to our separation if theres another alternative.

Thanks,