ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost card: ILR fee paid with it. No clue what to do

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newbie_2013

lost card: ILR fee paid with it. No clue what to do

Post by newbie_2013 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Guys

The moment of happiness didnt last long. Just found out my wallet was lost. So lost my bank cards. I could report the lost cards, but the problem is I've paid my ILR fee with that card yesterday. So can't do that. The fee is still not debited from my account as I can see it online.

any ideas?

The case with ILR never rests

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:54 pm

You should report the card lost as to prevent unauthorised use, write to the home office with alternative payment details.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:00 pm

thanks

True i need to report it as lost to prevent any unauthorised attempt.
I was thinking I will just leave it till homeoffice deduct money from the account. meanwhile i will transfer the remaining money into another bank account.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:03 pm

Your choice,your risk. You're likely also breaching the terms and conditions of the card issuer and may not be reimbursed if money is stolen.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:33 pm

ya true, i will just call the bank and let them know the story

Just wondering if there is a rough idea as to how many days will it take from the date of payment to get the fee deducted from account? My BRP was supposed to arrive next week and I was guessing it will take 3-5 days for UKBA to deduct fee.

cheers

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:36 pm

If you did the ilr at a peo then the fee is paid, it may take a few days to show on the statement but it's gone through, tell the issuer that the peo debit of xx was genuine.

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:47 pm

D4109125 wrote:If you did the ilr at a peo then the fee is paid, it may take a few days to show on the statement but it's gone through, tell the issuer that the peo debit of xx was genuine.
yes i did the ilr at peo yesterday. The difference between shown-balance and available-balance clearly reflects the fee amount . Just the money has not been deducted from the account. I will call the bank and explain the situation.

cheers

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:04 pm

The bank will have already set the money to side I.e. it should be reflected in the available balance rather than the current balance.