ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Validity

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Passport Validity

Post by masterboy123 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:24 am

I an NON-EEA Family Member of EU Citizen and wish to travel to Ireland with my EU spouse.

I have applied for Irish visa today.

My passport is going to expire on 14 September 2014.

On INIS website, it says Family members of Irish citizens should have 12 months minimum validity in their passport. But they haven't mentioned the minimum validity in my case.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Jo ... EU_Citizen

Is it going to be a problem for me? because my passport will expire after about 1 year from now.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Your passport had more than 12 months validity on the day you applied, I don't think it will be an issue.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:10 pm

Yes when I applied it has more than 12 months. But when I plan to enter Ireland it has 11 months... :cry:
jeupsy wrote:Your passport had more than 12 months validity on the day you applied, I don't think it will be an issue.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:10 pm

It's not a problem even with 3 months validity. Why worry?

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:53 pm

On INIS website, it says Family members of Irish citizens should have 12 months minimum validity in their passport.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Jo ... sh_Citizen

However, my wife is EU citizen but not Irish citizen...

That's why i am worried...
dalebutt wrote:It's not a problem even with 3 months validity. Why worry?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:24 pm

Really, you should stop worrying about it. 1 year of validity is a long time, and o top of that the law is more flexible for family members of other EU citizens that the ones of Irish citizens. There is absolutely no issue here.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:40 pm

The directive 2004/38/ec calls for a valid passport...

(applies to family members of EU citizens).

No issue whatsoever.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:21 pm

Many thanks!!!
I submitted the application today. I will post how many days it takes until i get the visa.
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:The directive 2004/38/ec calls for a valid passport...

(applies to family members of EU citizens).

No issue whatsoever.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:18 pm

I submitted my online visa application last week. But there is no response from the embassy yet.

I sent them an email but no reply yet. Do I need to call the embassy?
Because it was written at the end of my application that I need to provide documents within 30 days from that day I submitted the application.

But I dont know what documents exactly I need to submit so I sent an email to the embassy, to which they haven't replied yet.

Do I just send Signed application form, my passport and my EU spouse passport, our marriage certificate and letter from EU spouse that I am travelling with her. Is that all?

Anyone has idea if its is possible to post these documents? Or it's necessary to go to the embassy personally?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:46 pm

masterboy123 wrote: Do I just send Signed application form, my passport and my EU spouse passport, our marriage certificate and letter from EU spouse that I am travelling with her. Is that all?

Anyone has idea if its is possible to post these documents? Or it's necessary to go to the embassy personally?
Yes these documents should be sufficient. You should be able to post them. I think the cover sheet you have to sign says it and has the address of the embassy which will process your application on it, doesn't it?

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Yes, at the end of submitting the application form, I got a so called "Application Summary". It's 2 pages long and has my passport details and Embassy's address. It just says Please Sign this form and send the required documents to the Embassy. They have provided the Embassy's address, email and phone number. It's written there for further enquery regarding supporting documents please contact the Embassy provided. So I contacted the embassy through e-mail to ask if whether its fine to send the documents by post.
I am hoping to get reply from them next week, because it's National Holiday here on tuesday and some offices might be closed on Monday too, so people can have a long weekend holidays.
jeupsy wrote:
masterboy123 wrote: Do I just send Signed application form, my passport and my EU spouse passport, our marriage certificate and letter from EU spouse that I am travelling with her. Is that all?

Yes these documents should be sufficient. You should be able to post them. I think the cover sheet you have to sign says it and has the address of the embassy which will process your application on it, doesn't it?