ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa to accompany my british husband to ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

annoyed2013

visa to accompany my british husband to ireland

Post by annoyed2013 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:20 am

hi everyone,
please help me i need to apply for a visa from outside europe to accompany my husband who is leaving in uk at the moment to ireland as i can t apply to join him in uk due to the new financial requirements.
I used to live in UK under a student visa, we got married and then i moved back home since 5 months.

What visa type do i have to apply for ? is it short stay-visa and then while in Ireland apply for residence card?
Should i specify that i m leaving within 3 months?

Im struggling with the online applications details, i don t want to make a mistake and get my visa refused. please any informations about the visa application would help.
thanks a lot

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:09 am

You dont say what country you are coming from.
You can travel to Ireland on a visitor or student visa.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:28 am

If a person is on a student visa in the UK and also a visa required national and wishes to travel to the ROI, they will require a visa.

OP yes you are correct, you will need a short stay visa, when you arrive in Ireland you can apply for residence card when you meet the requirement.

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:12 pm

i left for morrocco since 5 months i m living there . i m not a uk student anymore n i ve heard about the option of accompanying my husband as an eu citizen family member under directive2004/38/ec free movement.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Moved.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:13 pm

It is easy. You send your passport, a copy of his passport and a valid original marriage cert and you apply for an Irish visa. You say that your husband wants to travel to Ireland to look for work, and you want to travel with him.

You will get a three month visa. Then you both come to Ireland and you both apply for a pps number (this is needed for both of you, so you both go to the social welfare office with your passport and your UK National Insurance number (if you have one) and apply for pps numbers).

At the end of the three months he needs to show he is either employed or self employed or a student and then you get a long term visa.
BL

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:00 pm

thank u so much Brigid and all of u for ur replies it really helps. I will contact the embassy and apply for visa with the papers u stated.
i have one more question it says that the mariage certificate has to be apostilled in my country of residence but we ve been married in London and we r not registered in Morrocco where i m gonna apply . does it matter?

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:05 am

i applied for the visa they said 15 days and u ll get an answer . does anyone know how long people generally they wait to get their visa? coz i knw them they say 15 days n then it s 3months!!! i need to join my husband there asap

annoyed2013

got the join spouse visa

Post by annoyed2013 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:15 pm

hi everyone. i got finally the visa to ireland 3 months 1 entry i m so happy, Finally able to be with my husband.
i m planning to go next 2 weeks.
now i need to plan for next step stamp4. can anyone pls tell me what to do after arriving to ireland?
what are the papers needed ?
how long does it take to get the work permit?

thank u waiting for ur replies

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Re: got the join spouse visa

Post by Sunshine86 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:35 am

annoyed2013 wrote:hi everyone. i got finally the visa to ireland 3 months 1 entry i m so happy, Finally able to be with my husband.
i m planning to go next 2 weeks.
now i need to plan for next step stamp4. can anyone pls tell me what to do after arriving to ireland?
what are the papers needed ?
how long does it take to get the work permit?

thank u waiting for ur replies
Hi Annoyed2013,

My situation is exactly like yours, but the difference is I got married to my british husband in India and have been apart for almost 10 months now. Therefore can understand the painful time of separation.

As I am also a non eu citizen like you, therefore wanted to know what all docs you sent to the Irish embassy, how long did it take, what visa form you filled in? Is it just the copies of everything they want not the originals?

Also, have you already booked the accommodation? If not, then what did you fill in the form?

Will appreciate your response.

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:11 am

hi there i filled the online form on internet short stay accompany spouse, all details in this link. you need therefore the original mariage certificate. I haven t shown any accomodation , just the papers asked below+ a letter saying that i m going to exercise my movement freedom as a spouse of eu citizen

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Jo ... EU_Citizen

after 3 weeks i got the visa
good luck

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:12 am

Hi annoyed 2013,

I am in the same position. I did not know that I need to write a letter also.
Can you please send me the draft copy of the letter stating about the exercising my rights as a spouse of EU citizen please? So I can attach this letter with my supporting documents also.

I will be highly thankful to you.
annoyed2013 wrote:hi there i filled the online form on internet short stay accompany spouse, all details in this link. you need therefore the original mariage certificate. I haven t shown any accomodation , just the papers asked below+ a letter saying that i m going to exercise my movement freedom as a spouse of eu citizen

good luck

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:00 am

annoyed2013 wrote:hi there i filled the online form on internet short stay accompany spouse, all details in this link. you need therefore the original mariage certificate. I haven t shown any accomodation , just the papers asked below+ a letter saying that i m going to exercise my movement freedom as a spouse of eu citizen

good luck
Hi

Thank you for your reply, did you also send the copy of your spouse passport?

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:04 pm

yes i did all the pages

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:11 pm

here is the letter i sent to the embassy to apply for the visa:

Dear ...,

My name is ........... I am applying for a visa to travel to The Republic of Ireland which should be issued on the basis of Directive 2004/38/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council. I will be travelling with my husband, an EU citizen who wants to exercise his right of free movement and residence by moving to Ireland.

From Directive 2004/38/EC, I quote from Article 5.1 and 5.2 (Right of Entry),

1) Without prejudice to the provisions on travel documents applicable to national border controls, Member States shall grant Union citizens leave to enter their territory with a valid identity card or passport and shall grant family members who are not nationals of a Member State leave to enter their territory with a valid passport.

No entry visa or equivalent formality may be imposed on Union citizens.

2) Family members who are not nationals of a Member State shall only be required to have an entry visa in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 539/2001 or, where appropriate, with national law. For the purposes of this Directive, possession of the valid residence card referred to in Article 10 shall exempt such family members from the visa requirement.

Member States shall grant such persons every facility to obtain the necessary visas. Such visas shall be issued free of charge as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated procedure.

I am a direct family member of my husband, XXXXXXX who is a citizen of the United Kingdom, born on XXXXXXl and holding passport number is XXXXXX.

I enclose with this letter of application, a signed summary application form and a copy of my husbands’ passport. I have also enclosed our original marriage certificate and my passport.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to receiving my visa.

Yours faithfully,

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:24 pm

Hi annoyed2013,
Many thanks for the letter.

Do you have a another letter which is to be written by the EU spouse, that the non-EEA spouse is travelling to Ireland with her?

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:47 pm

no i only submitted this one

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:49 pm

Ur thread is a great help