ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Refusal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TONI1
Newly Registered

EEA4 Refusal

Post by TONI1 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:36 am

Hi,

I am new to this forum but am quite impressed with posts and responses I have seen on the site. I was married to an EU national in August 2007 but unfortunately got divorced in July 2012. I applied for permanent residency in November 2012 and got a reply from home office in august 2013 in which my application was refused. The reason they gave was that I have not provided enough evidence to poof that my former spouse was exercising treaty rights as of the date when the divorce was finalized and I was given the right to appeal. I have since gathered these documents which includes NI contributions and self assessment covering that period as she is self employed but am a bit worried about whether to appeal or re-apply. which route is better. If I appeal, Will I be given any document confirming that I can continue working? Will really appreciate any positive comment. Thanks

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:56 am

Give us a detail of documents which you submitted with your application.

TONI1
Newly Registered

EEA4 refusal

Post by TONI1 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:41 pm

I submitted payslips, employment letters for the period she was employed. Accountant letter, Ni contributions, self assessment for period she was self employed.

Imshzd

Re: EEA4 refusal

Post by Imshzd » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:04 pm

TONI1 wrote:I submitted payslips, employment letters for the period she was employed. Accountant letter, Ni contributions, self assessment for period she was self employed.

But which documents did you sent your ex treaty rights during the divorce period or with in the month before the decree absolute?

TONI1
Newly Registered

EEA 4 Refusal

Post by TONI1 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:27 pm

I sent the self assessment up till April 2012 while the decree absolute was july 2012. The reason being that you can only do your tax return during the tax year (i.e april - march)

Imshzd

Re: EEA 4 Refusal

Post by Imshzd » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:35 pm

TONI1 wrote:I sent the self assessment up till April 2012 while the decree absolute was july 2012. The reason being that you can only do your tax return during the tax year (i.e april - march)

If your ex was a self employed then what she did during April to July?

Invoices and business bank statements during April and July 12 are required to prove that your ex was a qualified person at the time of divorce.