ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Funds for new application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SHUGAL
Newly Registered

Funds for new application

Post by SHUGAL » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Hi
Can someone please confirm me in this matter
I am currently a student of ACCA, i have successfully completed my first 5 papers of ACCA and now want to change my sponsor with the same course (ACCA) .
My question is how much maintenance funds i
Required in my bank for new application.
Is it £2000 or £9000

Please advice me in this matter.

MBAGraduate
Newly Registered

Re: Funds for new application

Post by MBAGraduate » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:09 pm

SHUGAL wrote:Hi
Can someone please confirm me in this matter
I am currently a student of ACCA, i have successfully completed my first 5 papers of ACCA and now want to change my sponsor with the same course (ACCA) .
My question is how much maintenance funds i
Required in my bank for new application.
Is it £2000 or £9000

Please advice me in this matter.
Please mention the duration of your stay in UK and even the duration of your completed course.

Mane123
Newly Registered

Post by Mane123 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:48 pm

I came and started my ACCA course in Feb 2012
and completed my 5 papers till now and my visa expires till 2015.

Thanks for asking.....

MBAGraduate
Newly Registered

Post by MBAGraduate » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:52 am

Mane123 wrote:I came and started my ACCA course in Feb 2012
and completed my 5 papers till now and my visa expires till 2015.

Thanks for asking.....
According to the given information; you have established presence in UK.

Because you are about to apply for a continued study on a single course (ACCA)and have completed of more than six months of that course.

So you need:

£2000, if your education provider is in Inner London. And

£1600, if your educational provider is outer London or anywhere else in the UK.

Regards,
GS

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:43 am

I have the similar question,
Assuming a student who offered a single CAS for Foundation (1 year)+Bachelor (3 years) course. Now, after finishing the foundation which lasted 9 months he wants to change the sponsor and do his Bachelor in another university.

The guidance was not clear for me. Is he eligible for established presence or he has to show full amount in his bank statement?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:08 pm

samira_uk wrote:
The guidance was not clear for me. Is he eligible for established presence or he has to show full amount in his bank statement?
Read here in depth about established presence:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixc/
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Thank you for your reply but I could not find anything more that what said in guidance in that page. Actually, the guidance was copied from this page:

An applicant will have an established presence studying in the UK if the applicant has current entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain as a Tier 4 migrant, Student or as a Postgraduate Doctor or Dentist and at the date of application:

(i) has finished a single course that was at least six months long within the applicant's last period of entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain, or
(ii) is applying for continued study on a single course where the applicant has completed at least six months of that course, or
(iii) is applying for leave to remain as a Tier 4 (General) Student on the doctorate extension scheme.

I am still confused that if a student who finished a foundation degree as part of his bachelor course and then wants to move to another university, will have an established presence?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:19 pm

If you are talking about the foundation stage prior to Bachelor degree then it must be level 4 and level 5 in 1st and 2nd year respectively followed by 3rd year towards level 6 (Bachelor degree). On completion of each level a student must receive diploma/certificate and should be able to move forward to higher course even at different course provider. Now apply the established presence concept which you quoted in previous post and also can learn more about the various study levels at below link: (see page 8-9)
http://www.qaa.ac.uk/Publications/Infor ... ter-A1.pdf
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:32 pm

Thank you again but what does my point have to do anything with course level?????

I am completely aware of the UK education system. The offer was for 4 years which consisted of 1 year Foundation followed by 3 years at bachelor level. Now, after 1st year of study the student finished the foundation and received the certificate but does not want to continue at the same university.

Actually, he finished a course and received the relevant certificate. What makes me confused is that if finishing a course as part of a longer course will count toward established presence requirements?

My understating from your comments is that it is acceptable.

rythm_21
Newly Registered

Can i use Line of Credit as Funds - Tier 4 Visa

Post by rythm_21 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:02 am

Hi! All

I recently immigrated to Canada from India as PR. I have secured my admission to MSc program in London UK and received my CAS. I have applied (On-line) for student visa (Tier 4) for Myself and my dependants (my wife and daughter) on Aug 10, 2013. I have an appointment fixed for 26 Aug, 13 for Biometrics and Submission of Documents.

I have sufficient funds with me, only half the funds are 28 days old. On the other hand I have Secured Line of Credit - Secured Loan which I have secured from bank here in Canada (secured against my funds - funds which are not 28 days old).

Q1: Do they accept my funds in shape of Loan.

As I am in low risk country, but not national.
Q2 :Can I expect some relaxation in Visa Process as my status in Canada is “Permanent Resident” and Canada comes under low risk Country as per UK Border Website.

As funds need to be 28 days old.
Q3: Which date will be considered for my funds, Date of On-line
Application date or Submission of Documents.

Q4: Can I show funds after the date of On-line submission (10/06/13) of Application date or Submission of Documents.

Looking for an earnest reply.

Thanks