ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

time to apply for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verona
Newly Registered

time to apply for ILR

Post by verona » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:14 pm

Dear Boards

I have a genuine enquiry regarding the exactly date we can apply for ILR and would appreciate any input and suggestions.

My first work permit (letter from Home Office) dates back to 25 January 2001.

The first working visa stamp on my passport dates back to 27 March 2001, because – the Home Office lost my passport.

Although they compensated the cost (advertisement and application fee for new passport) it still took a while to get a new passport, hence the dates aren’t exactly correlated.

I know usually the 4 years clock starts ticking from the date when one gets the stamp on the passport. However I am now looking into my chances of getting the ILR on 27th December 2004, 4 weeks before 25 January 2005. My plan is to turn up at Croydon to explain that it was them who made the mess 4 years go.

Can anyone comment on

(1) do I stand a chance
(2) will they give me an appointment slot given my 4 years aint exactly going to be due by Xmas time
(3) do they ask for all details when one makes an appointment to see the caseworker
(4) when do I have to make the appointment
(5) anything else that could remotely help in this regard

Many thanks.

Verona

Gmmi

Post by Gmmi » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:21 am

My understanding is that the 4 years clock starts when you first entered in the country, not the stamp date. I am not expert I could be wrong. Can anyone else clarify this?