ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advise

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manUTd

Please advise

Post by manUTd » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:02 am

Hi all,
my best mates passport has been in the backlog mess since 2008 when he renewed his visa. however since then he hasn't heard from ukba despite the numerous phone calls to them. He received a call yesterday from the capita agency calling on behalf of ukba. The lady on the line asked for his details and ordered him to get his lawyer to send an email by monday stating they r working on his case otherwise the matter will go to the removal dept.
Has anyone been in a similar situation. Does anyone Know what will happen next? Any advice pls

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:33 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20891597

Tell your friend not to worry.It is good if they forward the case to removals.Once they attempt to remove your friend your friend will be given a right of appeal and your friend can convince the judge on why he or she should be given papers.

UKBA play very dirty games and i suggest your friend should be very prepared by getting a a lawyer ASAP and in addition to this http://www.no-deportations.org.uk/Resou ... uMust.html i recommend your friend to always carry a cheap phone that is not capable of taking pictures or assessing the net and a charger in case he or she is detained.Any other phone will be confiscated .

manUTd

Post by manUTd » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:38 pm

Many thanks for ur time and help. Also wanted to state that my friend is in process of applying for unmarried visa. He hasn't been served with a notice of removal yet n he has got a lawyer already... Is it of any gud?

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:01 pm

What backlog has your friend been in?Is it legacy?What did the lawyer say about the marriage visa?

manUTd

Post by manUTd » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:40 pm

I think it's the legacy backlog. It's amazing how ukba think it's ok to mess up someone's life and turn round all of a sudden to say your case will be sent to the removal department when all that time the person has been calling and they didn't bother to give any explanation. They still have his passport and now because of their incompetence he is being made a escape goat......a criminal .....