ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Need to check status of my Sponsor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Master81
Newly Registered

Urgent - Need to check status of my Sponsor

Post by Master81 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi

3-4 weeks ago My sponsor called me and informed me that UKBA is introducing new rules so after every contract extension or getting new contract employer has to again go through market test, new CoS, job should be not repeating job etc etc. and finally they told me to look for permanent position as they think contracting is not going to happen with this new rules. After this conversation i got doubt and checked UKBA sponsor list where i am not able to see my sponsor's name.
I called sales manager and they said they dont know why their name are not appearing on list. I tried to call UKBA's few number's but not one is authorised to give information.
I started looking for other sponsors but it will take time. So to know about more I chased my employer again and they are now giving reason that they initially applied for Premium license and because of that UKBA are verifying all procedure and documents hence they have removed their name form list. but I am not sure about this reason.

So would like to know your opinion on this what are the possibility if any one has already gone through it.

Any response/thought will be greatly appreciated.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:23 pm

Contracting is not allowed to happen under the CURRENT rules - which might be why your sponsors name has been removed from the list. They are 'mistaken' (or lying) about the reason for removal - sponsors applying for premium status don't get removed from the list.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:23 pm

details of the premium customer service are here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... s/premium/

If the company was an "A" rated sponsor when they applied for the premium customer service it is very unlikely that would have been removed from the T2 list of sponsors unless the HO in course of their investigations in connection with the premium service application found something wrong.

The T2 list of sponsors is updated (I think) daily:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ofsponsors
If they are not on the list they are not T2 licensed sponsors.

Master81
Newly Registered

Post by Master81 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:33 pm

manci wrote:details of the premium customer service are here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... s/premium/

If the company was an "A" rated sponsor when they applied for the premium customer service it is very unlikely that would have been removed from the T2 list of sponsors unless the HO in course of their investigations in connection with the premium service application found something wrong.

The T2 list of sponsors is updated (I think) daily:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ofsponsors
If they are not on the list they are not T2 licensed sponsors.

Hi Manci,
Thanks for your reply. Is there any way to find the sponsor license status ? I mean If it get cancelled then when it was happened etc ?. What i am interested to know is if anything happened to my sponsor's license then how much time I have left to find another sponsor.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:34 pm

If they had a T2 sponsor licence before and are not now on the list of sponsors then their licence may have been downgraded, suspended, revoked or they didn't renew it.
Look in the T2 sposnor guidance for the consequences of each of these scenarios:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

josh_smiith
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent - Need to check status of my Sponsor

Post by josh_smiith » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:11 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm in a similar situation. Suddenly my employer's name has been removed from the list of registered TIER 2 sponsors. I tried to find out the reasons with my employer and they say that UKVI conducted an audit and found some practices not being followed. So until the UKVI arrives at a decision, the employer won't be included in the TIER 2 sponsor list. The audit took place in mid March and still no response from the UKVI . Does it mean my employer's license has been suspended ? Will this eventually lead to license revocation ?

Your views are highly appreciated.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:47 am

UKVI will inform (or has already informed) your employer why they were removed from the T2 register of sponsors. Read chapters 17 - 20 in the T2 sponsor guidance about the various scenarios and the possible consequences on you:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf

josh_smiith
Newly Registered

Post by josh_smiith » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:46 pm

Thanks Manci !

I'm discussing my employment with a different employer who doesn't currently hold a TIER 2 sponsor license but is willing to apply for the same to hire me. How long does it take for a company to obtain a TIER 2 sponsor license ?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:12 am

This is not predictable - the company would have to gather and submit documents with their application and UKVI may well carry out an inspection after the application has been submitted to assess their suitability.

josh_smiith
Newly Registered

Post by josh_smiith » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Is there a fast track process to get a sponsor license ?