ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SDP

Post by SDP » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:38 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
I was just about asking after you lol happy Sunday you and the gracious yummymummy3j, Believe2013, SDP, Keisha and others hope y'all had a good weekend. Amen to your prayer Verbina. New week new grace, I pray this week and Friday brings joyful news.
Damn we all had high hopes for August!! Its turned out the slowest month!! And its bank holiday next weekend !!!!! @Onlyme will be getting his package tomorrow, so at least this coming week s about to start with great news!!
How about believing that the best was saved for last!!! I know this week has good tidings in it for every single day of it. SDP just keep your eye out cos for us in waiting, miracles is on the way. (Amen). I guess Verbina rejoicing in spirit for you feels great. 3 thread pages just to congratulate you alone lol! :)
Hahaha @dapsonlee I wish!! 8)
Thank you @ Dasoniee ....lol

Thank you @ verbina for all the congratulations in advance lol !
I wish & pray everyone of us in this forum receive few pages of congratulations from each other, keep praying guys..

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:48 pm

[quote="SDP"]Guys what are your thoughts on this below..
When HO makes a decision on my case will I get the decision or is it my solicitors who gets the decision first ?
Application was made through the solicitor , but I got the Biometrics letter straight from the HO...[/quote]

@SDP

The Biometrics letter directly related to you thats why its comes to you. I also receive biometrics in my address. But HO decision normally comes to solicitors.

SDP

Post by SDP » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:04 pm

shareen24h wrote:
SDP wrote:Guys what are your thoughts on this below..
When HO makes a decision on my case will I get the decision or is it my solicitors who gets the decision first ?
Application was made through the solicitor , but I got the Biometrics letter straight from the HO...

@SDP

The Biometrics letter directly related to you thats why its comes to you. I also receive biometrics in my address. But HO decision normally comes to solicitors.
My solicitor also had a copy which he posted it to me after couple of days.. So was just wondering if the decision will be posted o me...

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:15 pm

@Verbina,

I also have pending applications awaiting decision.

I have 2 of my kids applying individually for the 7 year rule each and a 3rd application for myself, wife and my 4 year old applied for the FLR (O)/ DL.

FLR (O)/ DL Initial application sent: 21/07/2010
No reply until we used SAR to request update on application only to be replied on 09/05/2012 that all our documents was received on 22/07/2010 but lost in transit while moving offices and we should re-apply afresh with new documentation.
New Application sent: 05/10/2012 (FLR(O) / DLR(O) x 1 & 7 Year Rule x 2)
Acknowledged: 29/10/2012
Biometrics invitaion letter: - 04/03/2013
Biometrics done: - 13/03/2013
Decision/ Documents received: - still waiting

That is my story so far. I have 3 applications with the hope of at least 1 of it being granted.
Last edited by hatchsead on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:18 pm

[quote="SDP"][quote="shareen24h"][quote="SDP"]Guys what are your thoughts on this below..
Application was made through the solicitor , but I got the Biometrics letter straight from the HO...[/quote]

@SDP

The Biometrics letter directly related to you thats why its comes to you. I also receive biometrics in my address. But HO decision normally comes to solicitors.[/quote]

My solicitor also had a copy which he posted it to me after couple of days.. So was just wondering if the decision will be posted o me...[/quote]

My solicitors doesn`t receive Biometrics copy. I just informed him after received. The HO decesion could be you or solicitors.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:47 pm

@SDP,

The HO will send Biometric letter and all other correspondence to any address on section 1.15 of the application as stated on page 6 of the FLR (O) application form be it your home address or your solicitor's.

I hope this helps?

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:48 pm

hatchsead wrote:@Verbina,

I have 2 of my kids applying individually for the 7 year rule each and a 3rd application for myself, wife and my 4 year old applied for the FLR (O)/ DL.

No reply until we used SAR to request update on application only to be replied on 09/05/2012 that all our documents was received on 22/07/2010 but lost in transit while moving offices and we should re-apply afresh with new documentation.

That is my story so far. I have 3 applications with the hope of at least 1 of it being granted.
Welcome Hatchsead,

With God all things stand very possible and with faith We will arrive safe and sound to the promise land. May i please ask if your application is an extension or a fresh application?

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:49 pm

hatchsead wrote:@Verbina,

Reading through your timeline-pretty shocking that your first application was 'lost in transit' !!!! Good Lord you have been patient!! All the best with your new applications for you and your family hun! So I guess no chance of UKBA offering to expedite your new application because of their own mess-up when handling the old one. :shock:
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:07 pm

@dapsonlee, It is not an extension but a first time application.

@Verbina, They don't care and wouldn't put that into consideration to expedite my applications.

I am not bothered, when God delays, He never denies! It is well

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:25 pm

hatchsead wrote:@dapsonlee, It is not an extension but a first time application.

@Verbina, They don't care and wouldn't put that into consideration to expedite my applications.

I love that last statement. Well I doubt if that expedition would happen lol home office looks very "backlog" hungry and the prayer is for those of us waiting and appealing, may we not land on that backlog plate!

That lady Vebina, 2 words, "Tough Cookie". Just hang in there sir like you said God is never late! We will prevail!

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:35 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
hatchsead wrote:@dapsonlee, It is not an extension but a first time application.

I love that last statement. Well I doubt if that expedition would happen lol home office looks very "backlog" hungry and the prayer is for those of us waiting and appealing, may we not land on that backlog plate!

That lady Vebina, 2 words, "Tough Cookie". Just hang in there sir like you said God is never late! We will prevail!
Atimes there is nothing you can do in helpless situations like this except pray and hold on to faith

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:00 pm

so my people, i went to church today and i prayed for you all..... i pray week beggining tomorrow, this forum will be flooded with good news in jesus name....

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:01 pm

@onlyme tomorrow is d d-day ....its definitely gopin to be a good news dear

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:06 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:so my people, i went to church today and i prayed for you all..... i pray week beggining tomorrow, this forum will be flooded with good news in jesus name....
Happy sunday and Thank you so much yummymummy3j. Ever so kind of you. God bless you so very much. ONLYME is a free man eventually and finally!!!

SDP

Post by SDP » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:32 pm

hatchsead wrote:@SDP,

The HO will send Biometric letter and all other correspondence to any address on section 1.15 of the application as stated on page 6 of the FLR (O) application form be it your home address or your solicitor's.

I hope this helps?
Thank you

SDP

Post by SDP » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:35 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:so my people, i went to church today and i prayed for you all..... i pray week beggining tomorrow, this forum will be flooded with good news in jesus name....
Thank you very much , so kind of you !

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:31 am

[quote="yummymummy3j"]so my people, i went to church today and i prayed for you all..... i pray week beggining tomorrow, this forum will be flooded with good news in jesus name....[/quote]

Thank you yummymummy3j. Congrats to those who were granted this last week and good luck to those waiting. Another week and hopefully more good decisions coming our way with Gods grace!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:38 am

Yeah its fair enough, I understand... Also it means that your kids are now qualifying for a 7 year rule...

Still though 'lost in transit' bloody cheek!!!! :evil:

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:47 am

Awwwwwh thank you luv!!!

Special shout outs to @ONLYME the final countdown to your freedom!!!! 8)

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:48 am

verbina wrote:
Awwwwwh thank you luv!!!

Special shout outs to @ONLYME the final countdown to your freedom!!!! 8)
Thanks love......

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:10 am

Top of the morning to you all - Thank you for the prayers yummymummy3j, @dapsonlee - thanks sir and I trust you had a peaceful weekend too. Best wishes to all this week and a very warm welcome to our new members.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:18 am

FYI:

Family life as a parent of a child in the UK
This page shows you the key facts for the family life as a parent of a child in the UK category.

Key facts;
Eligibility requirements
The applicant must:
· have a child under the age of 18 who is living in the UK and is a British citizen or settled in the UK have sole responsibility for the child
· have access rights to the child
· for applications made in the UK (where the applicant has joint responsibility for the child) be applying as the parent the child normally lives with, and
o show they are taking and intend to continue taking, an active role in the child’s upbringing, and
o not be in the UK as a visitor or with valid leave granted for six months or less, unless that leave was granted pending the outcome of family court or divorce proceedings or on temporary admission or temporary release (unless EX applies).
· show they can adequately maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependants without recourse to public funds
· show they have adequate accommodation in the UK
· meet the English language requirement
· meet the suitability requirement.

Application forms;
Applications made outside the UK – VAF4A and Appendix 5
Extension (within UK) – FLR(O)
Indefinite leave to remain – SET(O)

Entry clearance mandatory? - Yes

Is biometric information required for applications made in the UK? - Biometrics are required for applications submitted on or after 29 February 2012. For more information see: Biometric information.

Code of leave to remain granted - Code 1 or code 1A; No recourse to public funds unless evidence of destitution is provided (see Recourse to public funds)

Entry clearance endorsements - D: RIGHT OF ACCESS TO A CHILD LTE 33 MONTHS CODE 1

Conditions of leave to remain - No recourse to public funds unless evidence of destitution is provided (see Recourse to public funds)

How long is leave to remain normally granted for? - · Entry clearance for up to 33 months
· Limited leave for 30 months.

What are the requirements for settlement?
The requirements for settlement are that an applicant can demonstrate they meet the requirements for indefinite leave to remain as a parent at R-ILRPT, and:
· have completed a continuous period of at least 60 months with limited leave as a parent under paragraph R-LTRPT 1.1 (a) to (c) or in the UK with entry clearance as a parent under paragraph D-ECPT 1.1, or
· have completed a continuous period of at least 120 months:
· with limited leave as a parent under paragraphs R-LTRPT 1.1 (a) (b) and (d)
· in the UK with entry clearance as a parent under paragraph D-ECPT 1.1, or
· a continuous period of at least 120 months with limited leave as a parent under a combination of these paragraphs.

Please Note;

Section D-ECPT: Decision on application for entry clearance as a parent
D-ECPT.1.1. If the applicant meets the requirements for entry clearance as a parent they will be granted entry clearance for an initial period not exceeding 33 months, and subject to a condition of no recourse to public funds.

D-ECPT.1.2. If the applicant does not meet the requirements for entry clearance as a parent the application will be refused.

Section R-LTRPT: Requirements for limited leave to remain as a parent
R-LTRPT.1.1. The requirements to be met for limited or indefinite leave to remain as a parent or partner are-

(a) the applicant and the child must be in the UK;
(b) the applicant must have made a valid application for limited or indefinite leave to remain as a parent or partner; and either
(c) (i) the applicant must not fall for refusal under Section S-LTR: Suitability leave to remain; and

(ii) the applicant meets all of the requirements of Section ELTRPT: Eligibility for leave to remain as a parent, or

(d) (i) the applicant must not fall for refusal under S-LTR:
Suitability leave to remain; and

(ii) the applicant meets the requirements of paragraphs E-LTRPT.2.2-2.4. and E-LTRPT.3.1.; and

(iii) paragraph EX.1. applies.

Are dependants allowed? - Yes

Work and study allowed? - Yes

Is switching into this category allowed?

Into the five year route, yes, unless the applicant is in the UK:
· as a visitor:
o with valid leave granted for less than six months, unless that leave was granted pending the outcome of family court or divorce proceedings
o on temporary admission or temporary release
· in breach of immigration laws (unless the period of overstaying is less than 28 days).

Into the 10 year route, yes, unless the applicant is in the UK:
· as a visitor with valid leave granted for less than six months, unless that leave was granted pending the outcome of family or divorce proceedings.

Does this category lead to settlement (indefinite leave to remain)? - Yes

Is knowledge of language and life required? - Yes

Immigration Rules paragraphs - Appendix FM – paragraphs ECPT, LTRPT, ILRPT and Appendix FM-SE

CID case type - Exer. Access rights to child res in UK.

For more information on extension and further clarification, visit the url below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... -a-parent/

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:32 am

hatchsead- thanks for sharing the information. If I may ask pls. 1. Your application was it done by yourself or through solicitor
2. Your two kids that are applying under the "7 years rule" are they born in the uk.
3. Do you initially have some sort of leave to remain before the initial application in 2010.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:40 am

Goodmornin everyone,i pray you all get the goodnews you have all been waiting for....your case workers will show you mercy and yr cases will be deemed strong enough for yr visas to be granted.....and for people who have been refused all the negative decisions will be overturned in jesus name

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:42 am

@onlyme we all r waiting for good news from u.

Thanks