ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing non eu daughter to the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

missusmurphy
Newly Registered

Bringing non eu daughter to the UK

Post by missusmurphy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi I am married to an employed eu citizen here in the uk. I currently have a RC which I received last November 2012. My husband and I have decided to bring my daughter from the Philippines here in the UK to join us and our son. She is only 12 years old and I have sole custody of her since her father and I were not married.

1. Is she eligible for an EEA family permit?
2. Can we get her a RC when she's here?
3. We got married 3 months after receiving my RC, do we have to inform the ukba of our marriage first before submitting my daughter's application? Or can I just submit our marriage certificate with her application?

Thank you.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Your daughter is covered by the terms of the directive and can apply for family permit, residence card, etc.

missusmurphy
Newly Registered

Post by missusmurphy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:19 pm

Hi thanks for your reply you see we got a bit confused when we saw something from the ukba site that states my husband should have permanent residence status here So does that mean he should have stayed here for 5 years? He's employed full time.

Doublestarxx
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Doublestarxx » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:56 pm

Missusmurphy, as long as ur husband is still excercising treaty rights, ur daughter can join u. As she is a direct family member. All u need is ur husband's proof of excercising treaty rights(payslip as ur husband is working) and his eu passport. Also birth certificate showing that u are the mother of ur child and marriage certificate. That's all. Proof of accommodation is not required.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:26 pm

missusmurphy wrote:Hi thanks for your reply you see we got a bit confused when we saw something from the ukba site that states my husband should have permanent residence status here So does that mean he should have stayed here for 5 years? He's employed full time.
In fairness to UKBA website, it is generally reasonably accurate, perhaps you may have misread something.

Your daughter may join you on the same basis as you've joined your husband.

It would be worth your while reading through directive 204/38/ec.