ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help pls, Lost passports

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Seanpicasso
Newly Registered

Help pls, Lost passports

Post by Seanpicasso » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:27 am

Hi

I wonder anyone had experience. My previous passports were stolen, however I kept photocopies of the old UK visa. Does this count?

I saw many applicants who had stolen passports were challenged to provide more evidence proving their activities in UK during that time. I wonder if anyone provided photocopies and had successful application for ILR?

Thanks!

cruzez

Post by cruzez » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:37 am

looks like u have same problem as one of my many. to back up mine, I have new passport received from london. I have police complaint. I have bank statements, i also have payslips. plus I also have driving convictions happened during the time i lost passports. That surely mean I was in UK despite loosing passoprts?

sh1981
Member of Standing

Re: Help pls, Lost passports

Post by sh1981 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:32 am

Seanpicasso wrote:Hi

I wonder anyone had experience. My previous passports were stolen, however I kept photocopies of the old UK visa. Does this count?

I saw many applicants who had stolen passports were challenged to provide more evidence proving their activities in UK during that time. I wonder if anyone provided photocopies and had successful application for ILR?

Thanks!
next time invest in a good quality passport holder and a money belt!
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com

Seanpicasso
Newly Registered

Post by Seanpicasso » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:17 am

sh1981 wrote: next time invest in a good quality passport holder and a money belt!
haha. someone broke into my house. I'd better invest in a better house with security system.

Seanpicasso
Newly Registered

Post by Seanpicasso » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:18 am

cruzez wrote:looks like u have same problem as one of my many. to back up mine, I have new passport received from london. I have police complaint. I have bank statements, i also have payslips. plus I also have driving convictions happened during the time i lost passports. That surely mean I was in UK despite loosing passoprts?
that's cool. I will find evidence to prove that I did exist in that period. too bad that I didn't have driving penalty. :P

triiishiii
Newly Registered

Post by triiishiii » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi Sean,

I was in similar situation last year - have a look at my thread here which greatly helped obtain ILR in person (same day).

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Worthwhile obtaining your bank statements and SAR file to prove your activities and presence in UK.

Hope it helps.

Seanpicasso
Newly Registered

Post by Seanpicasso » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:00 pm

triiishiii wrote:Hi Sean,

I was in similar situation last year - have a look at my thread here which greatly helped obtain ILR in person (same day).

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Worthwhile obtaining your bank statements and SAR file to prove your activities and presence in UK.

Hope it helps.
Thank you very much. I am glad you passed!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:22 pm

Seanpicasso wrote:
sh1981 wrote: next time invest in a good quality passport holder and a money belt!
haha. someone broke into my house. I'd better invest in a better house with security system.
Hope you have reported to police about this burglary. And they have given you a copy of the report you made. That will be very useful document.The person advised you on the Passport holder and money belt, bought both from Poundland recently ,after My advise. :D

Seanpicasso
Newly Registered

Post by Seanpicasso » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:34 am

Kevin24 wrote: Hope you have reported to police about this burglary. And they have given you a copy of the report you made. That will be very useful document.The person advised you on the Passport holder and money belt, bought both from Poundland recently ,after My advise. :D
Haha, you are so funny Kevin.
Yes, I got the police report. I just need to prove all travel histories now, which is a headache.

Seanpicasso
Newly Registered

Post by Seanpicasso » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:33 am

Since my old passports were stolen, I have photocopies of most visas and stamps. Can I make PEO appointment? Is my case straight forward?

Any experience?

triiishiii
Newly Registered

Post by triiishiii » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:01 pm

Hiya,
........possibly now late reply. But I did same day PEO for my stolen/lost passport case and I got my ILR same day ( took a bit longer there) but my case worker seemed a very nice and understanding person.
Hope this helps.