ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea family peemit expire but want apply for jsa before ext.

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

miharbi
Newly Registered

eea family peemit expire but want apply for jsa before ext.

Post by miharbi » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:16 pm

situation
My wife non eea ccame in the UK under family permit visa . As I work and live in uk I had the right to bring here under EU law.
She came in uk the Feb 13. And we applied for joint jsa as I work part time 15h contract And sstudy part time. We got approved for jsa now she is pregnant . And I stopped claim jsa as she was to sick to look for work. We want now to reapply for jsa(jobseeker allowance) as she is able to look for work. The baby is due the 2014 feb+\-
concern
However her visa expired in august 2. 13. My sollicitor told me she can still apply for residency even of her visa expiered as we live together and are still married

So my question is can I apply for a joint jsa claim ,even if her visa expiered . I plan to apply for residency card for her after we finished with the jsa application. as they need to see her passport and visa.

What is best .
1 apply jsa then extend and apply for residency for her?
2 apply residency wait 6month to recive it then aplly for jsa.

The reason I ask this is that .I think ,as she still has the right to stay in uk under eu law, and im pretty sure she get residencey as i still exercise the treaty because I work and live together with her in uk. We should be approved for jsa

Please if anyone would be so kind to answer I would really appreciate it.
Thanks for futher reply.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:19 pm

You do not need to obtain documents confirming your right of residence in the UK if you are a family member of an EEA national, but obviously they help prove one's status.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Her current permit was merely to facilitate her entry and the expiry date is not relevant to her continued residence in the UK. However, for the sake of convenience and the removal of doubt about her status, she can now apply for a residence card (EEA2) to confirm her residence.

miharbi
Newly Registered

Post by miharbi » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:39 pm

Thanks for reply guys.
So she will be approved for joint jsa?
She had been approved previously

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:00 pm

miharbi wrote:Thanks for reply guys.
So she will be approved for joint jsa?
She had been approved previously
She ought to be.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Clubman
Newly Registered

Re: eea family peemit expire but want apply for jsa before e

Post by Clubman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:00 am

miharbi wrote:situation
My wife non eea ccame in the UK under family permit visa . As I work and live in uk I had the right to bring here under EU law.
She came in uk the Feb 13. And we applied for joint jsa as I work part time 15h contract And sstudy part time. We got approved for jsa now she is pregnant . And I stopped claim jsa as she was to sick to look for work. We want now to reapply for jsa(jobseeker allowance) as she is able to look for work. The baby is due the 2014 feb+\-
concern
However her visa expired in august 2. 13. My sollicitor told me she can still apply for residency even of her visa expiered as we live together and are still married

So my question is can I apply for a joint jsa claim ,even if her visa expiered . I plan to apply for residency card for her after we finished with the jsa application. as they need to see her passport and visa.

What is best .
1 apply jsa then extend and apply for residency for her?
2 apply residency wait 6month to recive it then aplly for jsa.

The reason I ask this is that .I think ,as she still has the right to stay in uk under eu law, and im pretty sure she get residencey as i still exercise the treaty because I work and live together with her in uk. We should be approved for jsa

Please if anyone would be so kind to answer I would really appreciate it.
Thanks for futher reply.
Hello miharbi,

Can you please update your joint application for JSA please.

We have been asked to prove "leave to remain"
And as my non-eea wife came to UK with me (I am uk citizen) using her EEA-FP, I am not exactly sure that the jobcentre plus have asked the right question .

Club

miharbi
Newly Registered

Re: eea family peemit expire but want apply for jsa before e

Post by miharbi » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:50 am

Hey. Concering the update . Im still waiting for response.should recive it by next week. But they should not ask for leave to remain documents. As long you work and live live in same address As her.
Ill let you knows asap.if you research official document concerning social security it clearly states who is entitled. So we should be be fine