ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Worried about my application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

The-Walid
Newly Registered

Worried about my application

Post by The-Walid » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:59 am

I just sent my extension application and I am worried about my photograph.
Not only I have forgotten to write my name behind the photo but also the photo is a bit too big, meaning it is about 50mmx38mm.
will that affect my application or cause it to be denied?
thank you

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:31 pm

If photograph does not match with the ukba specimen then most likely your application will be returned invalid and you will be given 28 days to resubmit.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

The-Walid
Newly Registered

Post by The-Walid » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Thanks for your response
Will I be able to re-submit with no fees to be paid?
Also, will the application take less time than usual if it is only a problem of a photo?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:46 pm

No additional fee will be asked to pay and that incidence won't affect the standard processing time which is 4-14 weeks (in theory but could take much longer than that).
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

The-Walid
Newly Registered

Post by The-Walid » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:56 am

If the photo is too big, meaning there is background not needed around myself, would UKBA cut those parts to make it as they would need it or are they more likely to not bother and refuse the photos straight away?

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Post by gj6ab5657 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:30 pm

The-Walid wrote:If the photo is too big, meaning there is background not needed around myself, would UKBA cut those parts to make it as they would need it or are they more likely to not bother and refuse the photos straight away?
Ha....Ha.....Ha..... UKBA case worker don't have time to alter any details or photographs behalf of the client and even they not allowed if even they wish to....(as per case worker guidance note) they will ask to send new one.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Re: Worried about my application

Post by njoy1987 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:59 am

The-Walid wrote:I just sent my extension application and I am worried about my photograph.
Not only I have forgotten to write my name behind the photo but also the photo is a bit too big, meaning it is about 50mmx38mm.
thank you

how can u play about with matters of sheer importance in life like that- they have printed the guidance and everything just be on point with them and they will be on point with u

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Re: Worried about my application

Post by gj6ab5657 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:44 pm

njoy1987 wrote:
The-Walid wrote:I just sent my extension application and I am worried about my photograph.
thank you

how can u play about with matters of sheer importance in life like that- they have printed the guidance and everything just be on point with them and they will be on point with u
Sorry, I didn't mean to say that wrong way the same situation one of my friend had faced and he got documents back for the photo rectification but any way hope your things get it done soon - all the best & Good luck