ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting Document Requirements

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PAVA10

Supporting Document Requirements

Post by PAVA10 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:44 pm

I hold both Irish and British nationality. My Peruvian wife holds a residence card of a family member of an EEA national which expired in June 2013. She has been in the UK since August 2007.

In terms of her naturalisation application:-

- Do I enter my nationality as British or Irish in section 1.34?

- Does my wife need a letter from her employer indicating presence in UK?

- What does 'confirmation of payslips / P60' mean in terms of what period are they required for?

- Presumably my wife's employment is sufficient evidence of UK residence?

- What specific evidence of our relationship is required?

Thanks in advance

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:07 pm

For naturalization purpose you have to write British as it is in that relation your wife is getting British citizenship.

P-60 or employment is not necessarily required, if her passport proves that she was in this country 5 years before she is applying for naturalization then you may not need p-60, you can even call HMRC and ask for her employment history for last 5 years to prove she was in UK, bank statements showing salary going into the account will help as well.

Marriage certificate to show you are married.

There are very few documents you will need to apply naturalization, simple nothing complicated.