ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr foe dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thinkingagain

ilr foe dependent

Post by thinkingagain » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi,
I am applying for ilr on sep 2. Assuming that I get ilr on same day how do I apply ilr for myspouse.
She cannot attend as she is pregnant. What form should I use?
Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Has she been told by her dr to rest or you mean she is heavily pregnant? Has she qualified as a PBS dep for settlement? I assume she's been here 2 or more years and that you're applying for settlement as a PBS applicant.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

thinkingagain

Post by thinkingagain » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:10 pm

She is heavily pregnant. Probably couple days before her due date :)

She is PBS Dependent and is eligble for ILR as he has been staying with me for the past five years.

What form should i use?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:37 pm

Given the compelling nature you should be able to Apply for you both at the appointment, get her Gp to write a letter stating she is in the uk but unable to attend due to medical reasons. She should sign any necessary application, failing that, she could apply on set(o) by post.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

thinkingagain

Post by thinkingagain » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:38 pm

Do I need to use set o even if I apply after I get my pr.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Yes if you are granted ILR as a PBS applicant.

thinkingagain

Post by thinkingagain » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:13 am

Thanks.

Sorry... i am bit confused. would be grateful if you can clarify.

Assuming i get my ILR on 02-Sep and i have my ILR biometric card- Do i need to submit SET O application form for my wife along with my ILR Biometric card details.

I thought Set O is for main Applicant. Sorry if i am confusing you. If it is Set O Form then should i fill the form as i would do when i apply for me along with my spouse?

Thanks again,

thinkingagain[/u]

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:16 am

Providing you get ilr as a PBS applicant. On form set(o) there is an option for applying as a PBS dep.

thinkingagain

Help Required - Using SET O Form for spouse

Post by thinkingagain » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:05 am

All,

I will be getting my ILR on Sep 2. Assuming i get, i am planning to apply ILR for my spouse who is eligible as she has been in UK for 5 years. I understood that i need to use SET O form to apply ILR for my spouse. I have completed the form. I would need a guru to help me to confirm if the updates are correct and answer the questions i have:

Questions as follows:

Section 1 - Applicant Details - I am providing the details of my spouse.
Section 2 - Leaving Blank.
Section 3 (Which Category?) - Selecting "PBS Dependent"
Section 4 - 4.1 will be given as Yes as my spouse has completed Life at UK Test
Section 5 - Should i select Option c("Privately rented by you"). Myself and my spouse are in rented house.
I am leaving blank for the section where it is ask ing SOC Code, Current rate of pay, weekly hours as she is an dependent.
Section 6 - Question 6.1: I am giving my date of first entry to UK and not my spouse first date of entry to UK. Is this correct.
6.2 - I will provide the details of the day my spouse was outside UK.

Is my understanding correct. Basically i am filling the form completely with my spouse details. Only section where i am providing my details will be "first entry date to UK". Apart from that all other details will be my spouse details.

King Regards,
thinking again

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Help Required - Using SET O Form for spouse

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:37 am

thinkingagain wrote:All,

I will be getting my ILR on Sep 2. Assuming i get, i am planning to apply ILR for my spouse who is eligible as she has been in UK for 5 years. I understood that i need to use SET O form to apply ILR for my spouse. I have completed the form. I would need a guru to help me to confirm if the updates are correct and answer the questions i have:

Questions as follows:

Section 1 - Applicant Details - I am providing the details of my spouse.
Section 2 - Leaving Blank.
Section 3 (Which Category?) - Selecting "PBS Dependent"
Section 4 - 4.1 will be given as Yes as my spouse has completed Life at UK Test
Section 5 - Should i select Option c("Privately rented by you"). Myself and my spouse are in rented house.
I am leaving blank for the section where it is ask ing SOC Code, Current rate of pay, weekly hours as she is an dependent.
Section 6 - Question 6.1: I am giving my date of first entry to UK and not my spouse first date of entry to UK. Is this correct.
6.2 - I will provide the details of the day my spouse was outside UK.

Is my understanding correct. Basically i am filling the form completely with my spouse details. Only section where i am providing my details will be "first entry date to UK". Apart from that all other details will be my spouse details.

King Regards,
thinking again
All looks ok but for Question 6.1, in such case I think this relates to your wife's first entry.

Are you not going to try and get a letter from the GP explaining why she can;t attend and include her on your set(o) application?

thinkingagain

Post by thinkingagain » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:05 am

Thanks Amber.

For question 6.1 it mentions in Form within bracket (Main Applicant) and that is why i thought it should be PBS Main.

Also i am not getting the letter from Midwife as i already have the appointment with liverpool PEO only paid for myself + Daughter and have paid 200 pounds. Not sure if they will accept my spouse as i have not made the payment.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:07 am

thinkingagain wrote:Thanks Amber.

For question 6.1 it mentions in Form within bracket (Main Applicant) and that is why i thought it should be PBS Main.

Also i am not getting the letter from Midwife as i already have the appointment with liverpool PEO only paid for myself + Daughter and have paid 200 pounds. Not sure if they will accept my spouse as i have not made the payment.
I would think they could as you'll be able to pay the difference at the PEO. If you could get a letter from the midwife I think it's worth a go. You only have to take 2 copies of the dep page, one with and one without your spouse's details. As well as cohabitation docs etc...

thinkingagain

Post by thinkingagain » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:41 pm

Thanks.

Last Question - For any reason if they have any concerns on my cohabitation document and if they wish to hold or reject (I believe we have enough documents that proves that myself and wife are together are NHS documents, Rental agreement, Council tax. There is no document that is only in spouse name for complete two years) will they issue my ILR and hold or reject my wife's

or

will they also hold or reject mine as well.

For me the most important thing is to have my ILR Done first.

Can you please suggest.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:17 pm

thinkingagain wrote:All - My ILR was approved yesterday. No questions were asked with very less hassle.

Now i have to apply ILR for my spouse (Did not apply as she is pregnant and did not want to complicate my ILR application). Questions i have are:

1. I am planning to quit from my current Tier 2 General sponsorer this friday and join as contractor as i have got my ILR now. My quesiton is - Do i need to apply for ILR using SET O form before my last day with my current Tier 2 Sponsorer.
2. Does the Tier 2 Depedent visa gets invalidated after my last day with the current company (Tier 2 Sponsorer).

Kind Regards,
Thinkingagain
thinkingagain wrote:Can any guru please respond to this, I am worried and confused if I must get my wife ILR before I resign from my current Tier 2 General employer. I have already got my ILR approved yesterday, also what should be the category in the SET O form - should it be 'others' or PBS dependent as I had my ILR approved yesterday.

Kind Regards,
Thinkingagain

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Set(o), PBS dep once the qualifying period is satisfied.

thinkingagain

Post by thinkingagain » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:58 pm

Thanks Guru.

Will the Tier 2 General Dependent visa be still valid if i quit my Tier 2 company?

Is it fine to fine to apply through post for my dependent before i quit the company. This would mean that when the case worker looks into my dependent visa i would have been working for another compnay. Will this cause a problem?

thinkingagain

Post by thinkingagain » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:08 am

Can any guru help me to answer my questions. It will be highly appreciated.

thinkingagain

Post by thinkingagain » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:29 pm

Can any guru comment.