ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Call me dude
Nigeria

Re: Good morning people

Post by Call me dude » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:39 am

God's Authority wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have been a silent follower of this forum and I thought perhaps its time to register and get some views on my situation.

Very briefly , I applied for FLR(O) in August 2012 and did my Biometrics in March 2013. Myself as the main applicant and my child and partner as dependants.
I met my partner here in 2009 and somehow along the line I got pregnant, my child was born with a genetic disorder, which could be life threatening when the illness associated with the disorder occurs. My partner and I actually met whilst on study of a Masters programme and today we are very much together along with our daughter who is on daily medication just as a precaution and to boost her immune system. She also see the paediatrician regularly. My partner and I had student visa, then post study and then we

decided that as there was no other option to renew our visa and we could not risk going back home ONLY because of our daughter, we could try the FLR(O) other reasons and on compassionate grounds.

We are both currently working and we submitted an in time application as well. We provided evidence of our employment, doctors report for my daughter and myself, as I have had a couple of medical issues in the past. We also submitted all details of our promotions at work, recommendation from
our church of worship with regards to contributing to a church project and also we submitted evidence of our intent to marry in 2011 but whcih did not hold due to relationship issues we were having at the time.

We also provided all of our daughter's medical history, birth certificate and supporting statements from the paediatrician and supporting health workers.If it will make any difference.

In our supporting statement,we stated clearly that we were applying on compassionate grounds and that we could not go home due to our daughter's condition and because of the stigma,pity and fear people back home associate with our daughter's condition and the fact that if our families discover they will never let our relationship go on. We stated clearly that we didnt want our daughter to grow up in a broken home as it is through no fault of hers she was born with the genetic condition and we are counting on their support to help us remain as a family.

None of us is british, so it kind of freaks me out when I see people who have lived half their lives here getting rejected and people with british kids and spouses getting rejected as well.

Am just so scared for my daughter, we need all the support we can get for her,hence applying in the first place. As it is, my employer is already beginning to give me the side eye, but I have committed their hearts to God.

Sorry for the long post people, but what do you make of my situation?

I know every case has got its own merits but ....... :)

Lest I forget, I now discovered am pregnant again and I will be going through a challenging phase, as I have to tick a couple of boxes before I get to keep the pregnancy due to my daughter's genetic condition, if it makes any sense. Its all so over whelming for me really , I contacted my MP a couple of times no response. Everything is just so somehow for me now and I just sincerely hope God doesnt give up on me :(

God is your strength.
It is well

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:40 am

Hatchsead funny enough I discussed the same thing with Dapsonlee last week and I would do it purely on a charitable basis. I would love to dedicate a day or two, weekly, to helping people. The Forum has made me re-evaluate a lot of things in my life and the issue of the elephant in the room in the HO has to be addressed.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:44 am

@God's Authority - I am deeply moved by your story and I wish you all the best. If ever there was a stronger case for discretion yours merits it unequivocally.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:44 am

God's Authority - so sorry about your child situation. You have done the right thing by applying on a compassionate ground. There is a provision for parent relying on the condition of their kids to remain in uk. I sincerely hope the case will be handling by a casework that has the fear of God and love children.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:53 am

@God's authority , welcome to d forum....i carefully read yr story... i know you are not seeking sympathy from us but yr story brought tears to my eyes,,,, being a mother myself , i am fully aware of the stress of bringing up healthy kids let alone one with genetic problem as well as having to deal with immigration issues...... my dear the lord is yr strength, i pray that the lord almighty will grant you favour, he will touch the heart of yr caseworker, every one that comes across yr files in the homeoffice will not rest until they favour you in jesus name......
As for yr employers using side eyes to look at you, i pray as from now on, their attitude towards you shall be a positive one,they will show you mercy and always have yr interest at heart...THE HEALING HANDS OF GOD will be on yr child...
THE NEW BABY will carry no genetic disorder in jesus name...
WE SHALL; REJOICE WITH YOU SOON
ONCE AGAIN WELCOME TO THIS FORUM... @ VERBINA OVER TO YOU...

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:58 am

@HATCHSEED I AGREE KNOWLEDGE IS INDEED POWER.... THERE IS NOT A LOT ONE CAN DO WITHOUT A VALID VISA FROM HO.... BUT IN GODS TIME WE WILL BE GRANTED ALL OUR HEART DESIRES AND WE CAN PROCEED TO MAXIMISE OUR POTENTIALS.. WATS IOSC ?????

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:59 am

God's Authority wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have been a silent follower of this forum and I thought perhaps its time to register and get some views on my situation.

Very briefly , I applied for FLR(O) in August 2012 and did my Biometrics in March 2013. Myself as the main applicant and my child and partner as dependants.
I met my partner here in 2009 and somehow along the line I got pregnant, my child was born with a genetic disorder, which could be life threatening when the illness associated with the disorder occurs. My partner and I actually met whilst on study of a Masters programme and today we are very much together along with our daughter who is on daily medication just as a precaution and to boost her immune system. She also see the paediatrician regularly. My partner and I had student visa, then post study and then we decided that as there was no other option to renew our visa and we could not risk going back home ONLY because of our daughter, we could try the FLR(O) other reasons and on compassionate grounds.

We are both currently working and we submitted an in time application as well. We provided evidence of our employment, doctors report for my daughter and myself, as I have had a couple of medical issues in the past. We also submitted all details of our promotions at work, recommendation from our church of worship with regards to contributing to a church project and also we submitted evidence of our intent to marry in 2011 but whcih did not hold due to relationship issues we were having at the time.

We also provided all of our daughter's medical history, birth certificate and supporting statements from the paediatrician and supporting health workers.If it will make any difference.

In our supporting statement,we stated clearly that we were applying on compassionate grounds and that we could not go home due to our daughter's condition and because of the stigma,pity and fear people back home associate with our daughter's condition and the fact that if our families discover they will never let our relationship go on. We stated clearly that we didnt want our daughter to grow up in a broken home as it is through no fault of hers she was born with the genetic condition and we are counting on their support to help us remain as a family.

None of us is british, so it kind of freaks me out when I see people who have lived half their lives here getting rejected and people with british kids and spouses getting rejected as well.

Am just so scared for my daughter, we need all the support we can get for her,hence applying in the first place. As it is, my employer is already beginning to give me the side eye, but I have committed their hearts to God.

Sorry for the long post people, but what do you make of my situation?

I know every case has got its own merits but ....... :)

Lest I forget, I now discovered am pregnant again and I will be going through a challenging phase, as I have to tick a couple of boxes before I get to keep the pregnancy due to my daughter's genetic condition, if it makes any sense. Its all so over whelming for me really , I contacted my MP a couple of times no response. Everything is just so somehow for me now and I just sincerely hope God doesnt give up on me :(

Welcome to the forum darling! As a mother I can only imagine what it must be like for you and your spouse to have your beloved child suffer from such condition! My heart goes out to you!
With regard to the merits of your case I believe that there is a type of discretionary leave for medical reasons, as you said you provided HO with all the medical evidence, so God willing you will have a positive outcome soon!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

socrates

Re: BAD NEWS

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:12 am

Keisha wrote:Good Evening bloggers,

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.As for me,I'm sorry to plaster this wall with not so nice news but the devil is trying me by refusing me a stay.The letter stated that haven't been here for more thAn 20yrs and that have no right to appeal.They even said should contact my local team for departure by 22/ 08 and I rebuke that in Jesus name.The solicitor said we should go for a Judicial Review and they explained the procedure.The fee...*sighs*...more than £2000 and I believe that God will provide.

I have decided to let God fight this battle for me as I go for the JR.I hv been here for 10yrs and reckon the HO case-worker wanted to rush to the pub and decided to put a red stamp on my application form.The devil is a liar for I serve a Living God who's Greater than everybeing in the Heavens and on Earth.I'm may feel deflated but that won't stop me from flashing a smile and thanking God.So,please bloggers remember me in ur prayers!

Have a blessed week!
@ Keisha, We are in this together, I just my refusal letter this morning, but without my passport, no right of appeal and was given till September 2nd to contact my local enforcement office. The last paragraph of the letter says ''Should you fail to leave enforcement action will be taken against you. Further consideraion can be given to your case at that stage which could result in you being served with an enforcement decision which may generate a right of appeal'' I wonder what that means guys. Please advise

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:13 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@HATCHSEED I AGREE KNOWLEDGE IS INDEED POWER.... THERE IS NOT A LOT ONE CAN DO WITHOUT A VALID VISA FROM HO.... BUT IN GODS TIME WE WILL BE GRANTED ALL OUR HEART DESIRES AND WE CAN PROCEED TO MAXIMISE OUR POTENTIALS.. WATS IOSC ?????
Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner -OISC
Its a training in immigration law thats approved by OISC.
So all the qualified immigration advisers must be OISC accredited hun

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:14 am

@ Keisha, We are in this together, I just my refusal letter this morning, but without my passport, no right of appeal and was given till September 2nd to contact my local enforcement office. The last paragraph of the letter says ''Should you fail to leave enforcement action will be taken against you. Further consideraion can be given to your case at that stage which could result in you being served with an enforcement decision which may generate a right of appeal'' I wonder what that means guys. Please advise

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am

carrotcake
Newly Registered

Post by carrotcake » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:17 am

@socrates, sorry to hear about the refusal. When did u apply? was it a fresh application and your story plz

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:19 am

socrates wrote:@ Keisha, We are in this together, I just my refusal letter this morning, but without my passport, no right of appeal and was given till September 2nd to contact my local enforcement office. The last paragraph of the letter says ''Should you fail to leave enforcement action will be taken against you. Further consideraion can be given to your case at that stage which could result in you being served with an enforcement decision which may generate a right of appeal'' I wonder what that means guys. Please advise
Oh shit! So if you want to appeal, you have to do nothing and wait for removal directions to be issued-those you can appeal.
Alternatively, you can go for Judical Review. Are you using solicitor hun?

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:20 am

verbina wrote:
socrates wrote:@ Keisha, We are in this together, I just my refusal letter this morning, but without my passport, no right of appeal and was given till September 2nd to contact my local enforcement office. The last paragraph of the letter says ''Should you fail to leave enforcement action will be taken against you. Further consideraion can be given to your case at that stage which could result in you being served with an enforcement decision which may generate a right of appeal'' I wonder what that means guys. Please advise
Oh shit! So if you want to appeal, you have to do nothing and wait for removal directions to be issued-those you can appeal.
No I did not use a solicitor, though the supporting information was drafted by a solicitor

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:21 am

@VERBINA THX DEAR, DATS WHY I LOVE YOU GUYS ..ASIDE FROM THE SUPPORT WE GET FROM EACHOTHER, THE AMOUNT OF USEFUL IMFORMATION I GET HERE IS SECOND TO NONE..LOADS OF INTELLIGENT PPLE ON THIS FORUM...MUAAAAHHH.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:22 am

verbina wrote:
You served in the British Army as well, didnt you?!
Its really pissing me off now good people get refused like this!

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:22 am

OMG!!! SOCRATES ....SO SORRY TO HEAR DIS .... THE LORD WILL GIVE YOU A SENSE OF DIRECTION AS TO WHAT NEXT TO DO .....FIGHT ON BROTHER

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:28 am

socrates wrote:
verbina wrote:
No I did not use a solicitor, though the supporting information was drafted by a solicitor
Okay hun, but what exactly is your caseworker not satisfied with? Do you feel he failed to consider some important points? Sorry for all the questions hun, you just be strong for now! So many of us are in your position at the mo :(

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:28 am

carrotcake wrote:@socrates, sorry to hear about the refusal. When did u apply? was it a fresh application and your story plz
I applied for FLR(O) in July 29th 2012. Fresh application, came here as a student in 2004, been in study until 2010 when my application for extention was refused. I went to appeal tribunal and was allowed for reconsideration, but home office still refused based on the fact that I did not prove my relationship with my sponsor/guardian, even though he ahs been my sponsor in all my other applications that were granted. I did not know UKBA refused the reconsideration allowed by the appeal tribunal until after 8 months because UKBA sent the letter to a solicitor I never used, so I became an overstayer without knowing. I have children (TWINS) that are 4 years old and were born in the UK, served three years in the British Territorial Army, wife has been depressed for over 7 years and the social services are involved in helping her and the kids, all documents provided but still got refused

SDP

Post by SDP » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:30 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@God's authority , welcome to d forum....i carefully read yr story... i know you are not seeking sympathy from us but yr story brought tears to my eyes,,,, being a mother myself , i am fully aware of the stress of bringing up healthy kids let alone one with genetic problem as well as having to deal with immigration issues...... my dear the lord is yr strength, i pray that the lord almighty will grant you favour, he will touch the heart of yr caseworker, every one that comes across yr files in the homeoffice will not rest until they favour you in jesus name......
As for yr employers using side eyes to look at you, i pray as from now on, their attitude towards you shall be a positive one,they will show you mercy and always have yr interest at heart...THE HEALING HANDS OF GOD will be on yr child...
THE NEW BABY will carry no genetic disorder in jesus name...
WE SHALL; REJOICE WITH YOU SOON
ONCE AGAIN WELCOME TO THIS FORUM... @ VERBINA OVER TO YOU...
@ God authority I had tears in my eyes too, your case is strong you will be granted visa in the name of God, keep praying and be strong

@ yummymummy you made me laugh by saying over to you Verbina..lol
Nice to see you two taking in turns consoling people..

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:30 am

verbina wrote:
verbina wrote:
@Verbina, yes I served in the territorial army for 3 years

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:31 am

socrates wrote:
verbina wrote:
verbina wrote:
I applied for FLR(O) in July 29th 2012. Fresh application, came here as a student in 2004, been in study until 2010 when my application for extention was refused. I went to appeal tribunal and was allowed for reconsideration, but home office still refused based on the fact that I did not prove my relationship with my sponsor/guardian, even though he ahs been my sponsor in all my other applications that were granted. I did not know UKBA refused the reconsideration allowed by the appeal tribunal until after 8 months because UKBA sent the letter to a solicitor I never used, so I became an overstayer without knowing. I have children (TWINS) that are 4 years old and were born in the UK, served three years in the British Territorial Army, wife has been depressed for over 7 years and the social services are involved in helping her and the kids, all documents provided but still got refused

carrotcake
Newly Registered

Post by carrotcake » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:32 am

It's really sad they refused your application. I pray the appeal goes through. I have been through appeal myself (2 years ago i think) and thank God I'm now a British citizen. Just remain hopeful and stay confident.

My hubby applied for FLR o last year and we are still waiting.

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:34 am

carrotcake wrote:It's really sad they refused your application. I pray the appeal goes through. I have been through appeal myself (2 years ago i think) and thank God I'm now a British citizen. Just remain hopeful and stay confident.

My hubby applied for FLR o last year and we are still waiting.
@CARROTCAKE, Thanks, I wish your hubby the best

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:35 am

socrates wrote:
verbina wrote:
verbina wrote:
Please guys, what in your opnion does this really mean? ''Should you fail to leave enforcement action will be taken against you. Further consideraion can be given to your case at that stage which could result in you being served with an enforcement decision which may generate a right of appeal''