ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA Family Member Residence Permit about to Expire

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eleanore.sauls
Newly Registered

Post by eleanore.sauls » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:59 am

I hope i can get some answers to my inquiry:

I tried multiple time to contact the embassy, but have been unsuccessful.

Please answer all the questions below:

I am a South African married to a Bulgarian. We moved to the UK in February 2013 and is planning to stay here. I hold a South African Passport.

1. I also hold a Bulgarian Residence Permit which will be expiring the 16 December 2013 and it need to be renewed once a year for 5 year, then I can apply for a Bulgarian Passport. But as I am not living in Bulgaria, I do not have enough leave days to go to Bulgaria, apply for renewal and wait for receiving it back, can I apply for it in London?

2. Also, what happen if i do not renew it? If me and my husband want to go to Bulgaria for Vacation to visit the family, or need to go for a emergency what will I need to enter Bulgaria if I don't have a renewed Residence Permit?

3. I am planning to apply for a UK passport in 5 years, will I be able to apply for a Bulgarian passport as well, if I will be renewing my Residence Permit everyyear for 5 years?

4. If I don't apply for a Bulgarian Passport, will that complicate things in the further for my children to get there Bulgarian Citizenship?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you
Eleanore

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Non-EEA Family Member Residence Permit about to Expire

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:51 pm

eleanore.sauls wrote:I hope i can get some answers to my inquiry:

I tried multiple time to contact the embassy, but have been unsuccessful.

Please answer all the questions below:

I am a South African married to a Bulgarian. We moved to the UK in February 2013 and is planning to stay here. I hold a South African Passport.

1. I also hold a Bulgarian Residence Permit which will be expiring the 16 December 2013 and it need to be renewed once a year for 5 year, then I can apply for a Bulgarian Passport. But as I am not living in Bulgaria, I do not have enough leave days to go to Bulgaria, apply for renewal and wait for receiving it back, can I apply for it in London?

2. Also, what happen if i do not renew it? If me and my husband want to go to Bulgaria for Vacation to visit the family, or need to go for a emergency what will I need to enter Bulgaria if I don't have a renewed Residence Permit?

3. I am planning to apply for a UK passport in 5 years, will I be able to apply for a Bulgarian passport as well, if I will be renewing my Residence Permit everyyear for 5 years?

4. If I don't apply for a Bulgarian Passport, will that complicate things in the further for my children to get there Bulgarian Citizenship?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you
Eleanore
Before we can answer your question..

You need to tell us bit more about your EU spouse ( Bulgarian Husband ) What is he doing in the UK? ( Worker or Self employed, Student, ) and when your marriage registered ?

You can't apply for British Citizen after 5 years. But you can apply for Permanent Resident if all those 5 years your husband was exercising Treaty right

eleanore.sauls
Newly Registered

Post by eleanore.sauls » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Hi,

My husband is self-employed. We got married last year in February 2012.

I entered the UK with a Non-EEA family member permit and applied for a UK 5 year Residence Permit (EEA2 application) which I am awaiting. Yes I meant, as I understand it, if my husband are exercising treating right for 5 years, I can apply for Permanent Residence.

Thank you
Eleanore

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Non-EEA Family Member Residence Permit about to Expire

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:41 pm

eleanore.sauls wrote:Hi,

My husband is self-employed. We got married last year in February 2012.

I entered the UK with a Non-EEA family member permit and applied for a UK 5 year Residence Permit (EEA2 application) which I am awaiting. Yes I meant, as I understand it, if my husband are exercising treating right for 5 years, I can apply for Permanent Residence.

Thank you
Eleanore
Bulgarian citizenship may be acquired upon fulfillment of the following condition: Person has resided legally in Bulgaria for at least five years as a Permanent Resident and you need to know the language very well

Is your husband registered here as self employed? he can apply for a registration certificate to confirm right to work as a self-employed person in the UK, if he want to do this.

Family members who come to the United Kingdom with an EEA national but who are not themselves a national of an EEA country can apply for a residence card. The card confirms that person's right of residence under European law as at the date of issue. Residence cards are normally valid for five years and take the form of an endorsement that is placed in the holder's passport.

When he have lived in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years in accordance with the European regulations, you can apply for a document certifying permanent residence.

Please ask your husband not to throw away receipt, invoice ( from his work ), if possible take payment by Bank transfer and pay NI/TAX to the Inland revenue. because in this forum you will find many NON-EU national PR application after 5 years get refused by UKBA because his/her spouse didn't have correct self employed documents that UKBA require and home office asking for more evidence to prove it was genuine work

Bulgarian Citizenship: http://www.refworld.org/pdfid/49622ef32.pdf

EEA guidance:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... de-eea.pdf