ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK ILR SET(M) documents advice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

e-dan
Newly Registered

UK ILR SET(M) documents advice

Post by e-dan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Hi All,

My wife and I have reached the end of our two year qualifying period on the spouse visa and we're putting together an application for ILR using the form SET(M).

Our application is straightforward as we've lived together the whole time with no long periods of absence, in the same flat, no criminal records etc.

However the only proof that we've been living together that is accepted are letters to us sent to the same address.

We don't have any letters at all addressed to both of us, so we know we need to submit six letters each (12 in total). However note 8 states that
"Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide 6 items; if the documents are not addressed to both of
you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period."

Given this – should we add an additional sheet with an explanation why (which is a bit difficult to do as honestly we never thought to do it in the first place!).

Furthermore, whilst my documents are spread every 4 months, with my wife’s documents (as she has been unemployed over the whole period) has a large gap between the dates of them. We only have:
- Jul 2011 (Bank letter)
- Nov 2011 (Bank letter)
- Jan 2012 (Letter from NHS)
- Jan 2013 (Bank letter)
- Feb 2013 CRB enhanced certificate
- April 2013 (Letter from DVLA)
- Jul 2013 (Bank letter)

So whilst we have documents from the start of our 2 year period and the end, will the year long gap cause a problem? Could we use tickets brought for travel together as evidence that our relationship was strong over this time?

So in summary:
- Will not having documents addressed to both of us require an explanation?
- What could we do to reduce the risk of refusal due to the gap in my wife’s documents?

Any advice will be helpful!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Have you got no documents for that year gap? Surely you do?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

e-dan
Newly Registered

Post by e-dan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:16 pm

D4109125 wrote:Have you got no documents for that year gap? Surely you do?
Nope, not addressed to my wife. We were shocked too :( She kept statements from catalogues but shockingly none have dates on them.

In hindsight never go "green" for bank statements etc when you need to apply for a visa.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:28 pm

Contact the bank and ask the to send statements for the periods in question, you'll likely be charged, if they say no, ask to speak to a supervisor and explain the nature.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

e-dan
Newly Registered

Post by e-dan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:52 pm

D4109125 wrote:Contact the bank and ask the to send statements for the periods in question, you'll likely be charged, if they say no, ask to speak to a supervisor and explain the nature.
Thanks for your help, we will do that.

Any idea whether we need to provide an explanation of why there are no joint letters?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:04 pm

e-dan wrote:
D4109125 wrote:Contact the bank and ask the to send statements for the periods in question, you'll likely be charged, if they say no, ask to speak to a supervisor and explain the nature.
Thanks for your help, we will do that.

Any idea whether we need to provide an explanation of why there are no joint letters?
They'll not question it, if the caseworker has any questions at the appointment they'll ask you.

e-dan
Newly Registered

Post by e-dan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:20 pm

D4109125 wrote:They'll not question it, if the caseworker has any questions at the appointment they'll ask you.
Thanks - you've made us feel much better. Actually we are looking a bit better now as we did a Will in Feb 2012 together which actually has a letter addressed to us both in it - hope they accept letters for a Will company as good proof!

Still a large gap but with the bank statements hopefully we'll get it.

Thanks again.