ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

code 1A

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saidbshah
Newly Registered

code 1A

Post by saidbshah » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:07 pm

hello guys!
my name is Said. i m british overseas citizen. my spouse is polish citizen settled in england. i came to join my family last month. i got a strange status on airport. its valid for 6 months with no restrictions. before i come i applied for eea but they refused it. then my wife did appeal to 1st tribunal here. but it was taking long so i came and got six months visa. any body know what is the best i have to do. should i withdraw the appeal and do fresh application or to wait for the appeal...
thanks

Diomond

Re: code 1A

Post by Diomond » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:41 pm

saidbshah wrote:hello guys!
my name is Said. i m british overseas citizen. my spouse is polish citizen settled in england. i came to join my family last month. i got a strange status on airport. its valid for 6 months with no restrictions. before i come i applied for eea but they refused it. then my wife did appeal to 1st tribunal here. but it was taking long so i came and got six months visa. any body know what is the best i have to do. should i withdraw the appeal and do fresh application or to wait for the appeal...
thanks
Code 1A stamp is for family members of eu nationals who arrive in a port without having a visa, As u know this is valid for six months and in this time period u can work as well, You need to apply for a residence card within 6 month once your spouse start excercising her treat rights,
You do not need to go through the apeal as u r in the UK already, just apply for a RC when you ready, wouldnt be a problem
good luck
Last edited by Diomond on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:42 pm

This simply means that you were granted entry to the UK under article 5.4 of directive 2004/38/ec. You should apply for a residence card. You may continue with your appeal if you wish. You may find that if you don't that your residence card might be impacted.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Diomond wrote: You do not need to go through the apeal as u r in the UK already, just apply for a RC when you ready, wouldnt be a problem
good luck
This may indeed be correct, but the OP states elsewhere that they were accused of marriage of convenience.

saidbshah
Newly Registered

Post by saidbshah » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:04 am

Hello guys,

Thank you all for being so helpful.

My EEA has been refused yesterday on the ground of interview. We answered incorrect to 3 questions.
I've received my documents with a refusal letter, but my passport has been passed to local authorities. A lady called me today, & she was telling me that what is my next step.
She said I can apply for FLR(M) & FLR(0). I don't know anything about it. Is it defferent from EEA?

She said I can outside, & come back. When I asked about my passport. She said I'll get it in airport.

I was just wondering if you guys have some useful information to share with me.

Thank you all once again .
Said Shah

zebrafishbone
Newly Registered

Post by zebrafishbone » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi Said,

when you first came to the UK when you were given Code1A, were your spouse with you?

also, the lady who called you today, is she from the local authority who is holding your passport or from the home office?

thanks

saidbshah
Newly Registered

Post by saidbshah » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:32 pm

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I came to UK in June 2013. I've got CODE 1A for six months. My wife came to Heathrow. The officer asked me some questions, & stamped my passport.

We traveled to Europe for 2 weeks in September 2013. This time my wife was with me. I got the same status on UK border to France.

I applied for EEA in January 2014. I appeared in interview last month. We have missed some questions,& they refused it.

The lady is from immigration, but local. I live in Southampton. Her office is in Pourthmouth, 40 miles from my town.

Thanks

zebrafishbone
Newly Registered

Post by zebrafishbone » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:29 pm

saidbshah wrote: I came to UK in June 2013. I've got CODE 1A for six months. My wife came to Heathrow. The officer asked me some questions, & stamped my passport.
Out of curiosity, when you arrived first time, did you claim you are EEA national that's why you were given Code 1A for six month or was it because of your nationality as British Overseas (Territories??)

All the best

saidbshah
Newly Registered

Post by saidbshah » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:01 pm

I'm not EEA national. I''ve applied for EEA 2, cuz my wife is Polish lives in England.

British overseas citizens are neither the European union citizens,nor have the right of abode in UK.

zebrafishbone
Newly Registered

Post by zebrafishbone » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:12 pm

saidbshah wrote:I'm not EEA national. I''ve applied for EEA 2, cuz my wife is Polish lives in England.

British overseas citizens are neither the European union citizens,nor have the right of abode in UK.
Thanks your clarification. Didn't you apply for "entry clearance" before entering the UK? Or is it because you were sure you must give you this code 1a stamp that's why you didn't apply for it?

Could you tell me a bit more how to "ask" for this code 1a stamp as I will be in a similar situation in 2 weeks time.
I applied for EEA4 recently and got refused. I am preparing for appeal. But they are holding my passports which I used to apply for the EEA. Because I have another nationality, I am going to use this passport to travel. This passport gives me visa free for 3 months entry to all Schengen countries.

saidbshah
Newly Registered

Post by saidbshah » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:31 pm

I didn't apply for entry clearance, as I don't need it. I didn't ask for it. They just issued me.

The lady from immigration advised me to apply for FLR(O).
Do you anything about it?

zebrafishbone
Newly Registered

Post by zebrafishbone » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:40 pm

saidbshah wrote:I didn't apply for entry clearance, as I don't need it. I didn't ask for it. They just issued me.

The lady from immigration advised me to apply for FLR(O).
Do you anything about it?
I see.

No, sorry. I'm sure you will find information in the forum and gov.uk website.
good luck.

wegiwegi
Switzerland

Post by wegiwegi » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:53 pm

saidbshah wrote: My EEA has been refused yesterday on the ground of interview. We answered incorrect to 3 questions.
Just wondering what were those 3 questions that you got wrong??

Could be interesting to know, could help someone else in the future
Timeline:
Fourth application sent 21.07.17
HO received 24.07.17
Paid on 25.07.17
Biometrics 23.08.17
COA received 07.09.17
Passports received 07.09.16
Documents returned 13.11.17 dated 09
RC 13.11.17 dated 09