ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2013 - Naturalisation application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:35 pm

UKpass123
Ya, no choice here, book pvt ceremony. When you get your British Passport you will also need to apply ESTA to go to America, but that is easy, you can do it online.

sameeer

Post by sameeer » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:01 pm

Dear readers ...

If anyone has received approvals in the last week please update your timelines here, as we have heard some councils have confirmed having received certificates last week, we are keen to understand if any of your approvals has been after 22nd July at all ?

Even if you have been silent readers of this forum, kindly come forward and update your timelines here to help the other who are blindly waiting...

tinku
Newly Registered

Post by tinku » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:25 pm

ukpass123 wrote:Thank you Derivaz,Tinku,Myclouds!
mycloud8 wrote:
ukpass123 wrote:
or get a visa in your current passport?! you need to attend London embassy etc. but will cost you the same amount of money (for private cer) and is normally valid for 10 yrs!
Unfortunately my Bulgarian passport is expired.I usually travel to/from my country based on my Bulgarian identity card.It can be used in the EU area without any probs. I did not plan to have a new Bulgarian ppt as I was sure that I would get a Brititsh one shortly.I know that for US you need a passport ..but ...now it is too late to apply for a BG ppt...that's no point...

Probably I will go on Monday to book a private citizenship ceremony.

Keep'n touch!

Ukpass123
All the best UKPass123

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:44 am

tinku wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
tinku wrote:I've great regrets to apply for British nationality in the month of July for a reason that my application has not been assigned to a caseworker as yet. It has been a month as far - applied on 12th July.

I have contacted HO team on 08450105200 and answer I got was " Your application is in queue and it yet to be assigned to a caseworker". I suppose this is same with all other July applicants and not 100% sure about IT issues, but can say it is very likely to do with poor staffing levels at UKBA during this time of the year :(

Hope this information is helpful.
The thing is that you never know; people were getting very fast replies and then suddenly it slowed down; it's a matter of luck....
Maybe the IT issue is preventing them from assigning them to caseworkers....
Did they answer the phone? what option did you choose and what time did you call at?

They did respond to me. You need to choose option 2 and 2
Hi Tinku

I checked the option 2/2 and it's for applications submitted more than 6 months ago; did you use that option even if your application was submitted less than 6 months ago? did they not complain about you doing that? what did they say about that?

cheers

D

tinku
Newly Registered

Post by tinku » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:48 pm

Derivaz wrote:
tinku wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
tinku wrote:I've great regrets to apply for British nationality in the month of July for a reason that my application has not been assigned to a caseworker as yet. It has been a month as far - applied on 12th July.

I have contacted HO team on 08450105200 and answer I got was " Your application is in queue and it yet to be assigned to a caseworker". I suppose this is same with all other July applicants and not 100% sure about IT issues, but can say it is very likely to do with poor staffing levels at UKBA during this time of the year :(

Hope this information is helpful.
The thing is that you never know; people were getting very fast replies and then suddenly it slowed down; it's a matter of luck....
Did they answer the phone? what option did you choose and what time did you call at?

Hi Tinku

I checked the option 2/2 and it's for applications submitted more than 6 months ago; did you use that option even if your application was submitted less than 6 months ago? did they not complain about you doing that? what did they say about that?

cheers

D
It was my mistake to use 2/2 rather I should have used 2/1 and I apologised for it and they were kind enough to check the status as a one-off.

Cheers,
T

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:04 pm

tinku wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
tinku wrote:
Derivaz wrote:

Hi Tinku

cheers

D
It was my mistake to use 2/2 rather I should have used 2/1 and I apologised for it and they were kind enough to check the status as a one-off.

Cheers,
T
OK, that's why you got through then, but we aren't supposed to do that, so I guess we can't call them for the first 6 months.

Cheers

D

sameeer

Post by sameeer » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:41 pm

Has anyone else from July received the approval yet ?

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:06 pm

obviously no good news so far this week

vtiku
Newly Registered

Post by vtiku » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:28 pm

tinku wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
tinku wrote:
Derivaz wrote:

Hi Tinku

cheers

D

Cheers,
T
Hi Tinku,

I have tried both options 2/1 and 2/2 and in both the cases it gives a prerecord message.

Dear all, Please only post genuine suggestion and advices as it wastes everybody's time.

Br

Clairvoyant
Newly Registered

Post by Clairvoyant » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:44 pm

Eligibility criteria; 5 Years- HSMP/Tier 1 + 1Yr ILR
Method of application; NCS
Date of application submission ; 01/07/13
Date of receipt by UKBA; 03/07/2013
Date of debit if fees; 04/07/ 2013
Date of acknowledgement ; 09/07/2013
Date of approval;16/07/13
Date of receipt of approval;19/07/13

For those who are awaiting anxiously,Good luck and should receive yours in the earliest.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:09 pm

Clairvoyant wrote:Eligibility criteria; 5 Years- HSMP/Tier 1 + 1Yr ILR

For those who are awaiting anxiously,Good luck and should receive yours in the earliest.
did u get all the letters etc and ur ceremony done?

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Clairvoyant wrote:Eligibility criteria; 5 Years- HSMP/Tier 1 + 1Yr ILR

wow that was really fast; or did you mean date of approval 16/08/2013?

If it was in July, it's also before the 25th of July which seems to be when the IT issue started...

Has anyone received any approval/rejection letter after the 25th of July?

Cheers

D

Clairvoyant
Newly Registered

Post by Clairvoyant » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:11 pm

quote]

wow that was really fast; or did you mean date of approval 16/08/2013?

If it was in July, it's also before the 25th of July which seems to be when the IT issue started...

Has anyone received any approval/rejection letter after the 25th of July?

Cheers

D[/quote]

The process was done in July- 17 days in total from the day of application.

I applied via NCS, so no docs to be received. There were slots for ceremony in July , but had booked holidays prior to it.

BelfastHopeful
Newly Registered

Post by BelfastHopeful » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:38 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5Years WP + 1Yr ILR
Method of application: Postal
Date of application submission: 16/07/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 17/07/2013 (Based on signature, Post Ofc Track&Trace)
Date of debit of fees: 19/07/2013
Date of approval: 24/07/2013
Date of receipt of approval: 27/07/2013 (Self-addressed Special Delivery envelope)

We were so delighted with the speed of the approval :) However, like most of the people here, we have not heard from them i.e. no letter of invitation yet.

On 10/08/2013, we e-mailed "NationalityEnquiries" but only got the standard auto-reply. We then e-mailed "FurtherNationalityEnquiries" with our contact details but no joy at all. Our only consolation is that at least our documents are with us now.

Goodluck to all of us!

--BelfastHopeful

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:53 pm

BelfastHopeful wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5Years WP + 1Yr ILR
Method of application: Postal
Date of application submission: 16/07/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 17/07/2013 (Based on signature, Post Ofc Track&Trace)
Date of debit of fees: 19/07/2013
Date of approval: 24/07/2013
Date of receipt of approval: 27/07/2013 (Self-addressed Special Delivery envelope)

We were so delighted with the speed of the approval :) However, like most of the people here, we have not heard from them i.e. no letter of invitation yet.

On 10/08/2013, we e-mailed "NationalityEnquiries" but only got the standard auto-reply. We then e-mailed "FurtherNationalityEnquiries" with our contact details but no joy at all. Our only consolation is that at least our documents are with us now.

Goodluck to all of us!

--BelfastHopeful
So, you've got a letter of approval, but not the ceremony invitation letter? you should receive it shortly, I think; have you contacted your NCS to ask if they have your certificate?

quantumscience

Post by quantumscience » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:04 am

Congrats BelfastHopeful :)

This also clearly proves again that the entire showstopper problem at HO with their IT systems started on 25th July.
I am yet to see even a single approval dated 25th July or later, as yet.

It’s been almost a month now since that IT crash they have apparently had, so hopefully it should get resolved soon.
In my experience, “Showstoppers” issues with IT systems are never let to prolong for more than 24 hours, let alone for a month and over! (as we see with HO)
Fingers crossed! (or… should I say.. their "Printer cables are still crossed" ;))

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:51 am

quantumscience wrote:Congrats BelfastHopeful :)

This also clearly proves again that the entire showstopper problem at HO with their IT systems started on 25th July.
I am yet to see even a single approval dated 25th July or later, as yet.

It’s been almost a month now since that IT crash they have apparently had, so hopefully it should get resolved soon.
In my experience, “Showstoppers” issues with IT systems are never let to prolong for more than 24 hours, let alone for a month and over! (as we see with HO)
Fingers crossed! (or… should I say.. their "Printer cables are still crossed" ;))
That's what it looks like; the the problem started on the 25th. Has anyone contacted them lately and asked if the problem is resolved or when it's expected to be resolved?

nehalbhagat

Post by nehalbhagat » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:56 pm

I got email reply regarding my wife's application (submitted on 4th July) saying no decision has been made .

Is that mean , application is assigned to case worker ?
Kindly advise

Thanks

Derivaz

Re: Reply

Post by Derivaz » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:06 pm

nehalbhagat wrote:I got email reply regarding my wife's application (submitted on 4th July) saying no decision has been made .

Is that mean , application is assigned to case worker ?
Kindly advise

Thanks
Probably; I guess if it hadn't; they would have said so; did they mention anything about the IT issue? do you know if it's been solved?

nehalbhagat

Post by nehalbhagat » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:27 pm

Thanks.. No they did not mention about IT issue.
Lets wait and good luck to others

facts

Post by facts » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:46 pm

quantumscience wrote:In my experience, “Showstoppers” issues with IT systems are never let to prolong for more than 24 hours, let alone for a month and over! (as we see with HO)
IT support staff are probably away on family holidays for a month. They should be back to work after their family holidays soon...

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:49 pm

facts wrote:
quantumscience wrote:In my experience, “Showstoppers” issues with IT systems are never let to prolong for more than 24 hours, let alone for a month and over! (as we see with HO)
IT support staff are probably away on family holidays for a month. They should be back to work after their family holidays soon...
What we need to know is if someone has got an approval/rejection after the 25th of July; that seems to be the day the system broke; so if someone gets an approval after that day, we will know the problem has been resolved.

hass1234
Newly Registered

Post by hass1234 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:23 am

Looks like approvals has started again as EMO has received letter today dated 18 August 2013.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:02 pm

hass1234 wrote:Looks like approvals has started again as EMO has received letter today dated 18 August 2013.
That would be good news; is EMO a forum member? do you have his/her time line?

Cheers

D

Peacock4
Newly Registered

Post by Peacock4 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:06 pm

Eligibility: 5 years Tier1, 1 Year ILR
Method of Application:
Date of Application: 6 July 2013
Application received by UKBA: 9 July 2013
Date of Acknowledgement: 13 July 2013
Date of debit of fees: 11 July 2013
Approval Letter: Dated 24th July Received 22 August