ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA permit for filipina wife

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dumafil
Newly Registered

EEA permit for filipina wife

Post by dumafil » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Good afternoon,

I would like to know if anybody can advice me on the eea family permit needed by my filipina wife, I am french and we would like to move to the uk.

Here is my situation in a nutshell: I have been living in the philippines since may 2012, met a woman there and we got married last June, we are still in her country for more than one year now.

We are planning to go back to europe, in the UK, so an eea Family entry clearance is needed for her. I have been studying the eea applications and am familiar with it now, we have the choice between two possiblities:

:arrow: We launch our application in Manila, so we can go to the uk straight away. Problem is, we are both unemployed and living on savings right now. I would then apply as a jobseeker, because we are relocating.
I also have sufficient funds for the relocation.
Honestly, our application wouldn't look good :cry: , unemployed at the moment and with a third world country wife, haven't even set foot in my own country.

:arrow: Or we are going back to France first . I leave her in France, and I go to the uk : get a job, exercise my "treaty right" and i can sponsor her to come and join me .
My question would be : How long do i have to work in the uk before she can apply for an eea entry clearance and what would be the best option for us

Anybody can help me
:wink: :wink:

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:52 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:44 pm

Your post sits between Europe and EEA applications. Since you mentioned your preference is the UK, let's stick with that.

You and your spouse can enter the UK for up to three months without you doing anything in particular, post three months, you will be expected to be a worker, self-sufficient person or student. This also applies to any EU country other than one where you are a national, France.

After living in another EU state, you decide to return to France, you may do so, provided that the requirements of Singh are met. Singh was the spouse of a worker, so that will work; other categories (Student, self-sufficient) are perhaps open to interpretation.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:20 pm

As a French citizen, you and your family do not have to have any savings or have a job or even have "prospects".

Do not make the mistake of answering any of those questions about work or assets of either you or your wife.

dumafil
Newly Registered

Post by dumafil » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Thanks for your answer,
So If we apply for the eea for less than 3 months, i do not need to exercice treaty right.

But as our case/application would be a situation where we're planning to relocate in the UK, could we be denied as we intend to stay more than 3 months?

Under the directive 2004/38/Ec, and if we grab a flight to the uk, can we be admitted at the airport on the sole ground that we are travelling together and we have our mariage certificate with us?

Thanks

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:29 pm

dumafil wrote:Thanks for your answer,
So If we apply for the eea for less than 3 months, i do not need to exercice treaty right.

But as our case/application would be a situation where we're planning to relocate in the UK, could we be denied as we intend to stay more than 3 months?

Under the directive 2004/38/Ec, and if we grab a flight to the uk, can we be admitted at the airport on the sole ground that we are travelling together and we have our mariage certificate with us?

Thanks
yes u can,if u can board a plane or just show up at the borders in calais then yes u can just show them your passport,your wife's passport and your marriage certificate,that's all u need.
no need to worry about the 3 months deadline,once you get in the uk,then your 3 month starts from the day u get in with your wife..after the 3 months then u are expected to exercise your treaty rights by working,be self-sufficient or be a student..only then u can apply for the residence card for your spouse.
UK------++++-------****

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:30 pm

dumafil wrote:Under the directive 2004/38/Ec, and if we grab a flight to the uk, can we be admitted at the airport on the sole ground that we are travelling together and we have our mariage certificate with us?
Nice idea but it will not work. If you made it to the UK border then you would be admitted. (see http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/ for details) But the airline will not let your wife board the plane, so you will never make it to the border. She is considered a visa national.

dumafil
Newly Registered

Post by dumafil » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:35 pm

Update: EEA family permit granted for my wife.
Applied at VFS in Cebu( Philippines) last October 24th and the passport came back today.

We only submitted the following documents:
-Her passport ( non EEA national)
-My passport ( EEA national)
-Mariage certificate
-Lettter from the EEA national

I honestly though it would have been harder....

Thanks a lot for your help

:D

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Post by Graham Weifang » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:05 pm

dumafil wrote:Update: EEA family permit granted for my wife.
Applied at VFS in Cebu( Philippines) last October 24th and the passport came back today.

-Mariage certificate

I am amazed.

You got an EEA-FP without undertaking Surinder Singh requirements?
Are you sure it is an EEA-FP ?

I think you maybe have got a visa for your wife, which is a visa for her entry into a European host country?
Then the Surinder Singh work begins, (living & working in host country) to get her an EEU-FP remain in ones home country.

GW

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:50 pm

Graham Weifang wrote:

-Mariage certificate

I am amazed.

I think you maybe have got a visa for your wife, which is a visa for her entry into a European host country?
Then the Surinder Singh work begins, (living & working in host country) to get her an EEU-FP remain in ones home country.

GW
Graham,

I suspect you missed this bit from his first post
I am french and we would like to move to the uk

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Post by Graham Weifang » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Jambo wrote:
Graham Weifang wrote:

-Mariage certificate

I am amazed.

GW
Graham,

I suspect you missed this bit from his first post
I am french and we would like to move to the uk
But to enter into Europe, doesn't the non-national visa wife require to get entry visa first, ? a visa for the wife of a union citizen?

Then apply fro the EEA-FP?

I was curious how the EEA-FP was issued with just
"We only submitted the following documents:
-Mariage certificate

-Lettter from the EEA national"[/i]

Generally EEA-FP require more than just this, this is why I questioned if just a Family member visa was issued, to initially enter into Europe.

GW

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:29 pm

Graham Weifang wrote:Generally EEA-FP require more than just this, this is why I questioned if just a Family member visa was issued, to initially enter into Europe.
I believe you are missing the basics.

EEA Family Permit is a UK only entry clearance intended for non-EEA nationals who are family members of EEA nationals moving to the UK. It is similar to a Schengen visa which your spouse would require if she wants to move to Germany (as a family member of EEA national). The vast majority of EEA FP holders are family members of non-UK EEA nationals. The only requirement for EEA FP is to be a family member of EEA nationals who moves to/lives in the UK. Normally a passport + marriage certificate is all that is needed.

Family members of British nationals applying under the Surinder Singh route can make use of the EEA route and as such can also apply for a EEA Family Permit in order to move to the UK.

mars.millar
Newly Registered

Re: EEA permit for filipina wife

Post by mars.millar » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:58 am

Hello user dumafil or anybody who can help us please. My husband to be is polish citizen but he has been working in the US. He havent worked in any european countries. After our marriage in my country, Philippines, he is planning to bring me to UK, so we will both travel together.My problem is am I allowed for this EEA family permit of 3 months granted that he haven't worked in any european countries before including UK.He intends to study fulltime there and work part time.We really wanted to be together after our marriage and its hard for husband and wife to be apart because we always miss each other so much.Anyone please help.

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Re:

Post by Graham Weifang » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:16 am

Jambo wrote:
Graham Weifang wrote:Generally EEA-FP require more than just this, this is why I questioned if just a Family member visa was issued, to initially enter into Europe.

EEA Family Permit is a UK only entry clearance intended for non-EEA nationals who are family members of EEA nationals moving to the UK. It is similar to a Schengen visa which your spouse would require if she wants to move to Germany (as a family member of EEA national). The vast majority of EEA FP holders are family members of non-UK EEA nationals. The only requirement for EEA FP is to be a family member of EEA nationals who moves to/lives in the UK. Normally a passport + marriage certificate is all that is needed.

Family members of British nationals applying under the Surinder Singh route can make use of the EEA route and as such can also apply for a EEA Family Permit in order to move to the UK.
Yes, you are quite right,
That will teach me for just skimming.

GW

mars.millar
Newly Registered

Re: Re:

Post by mars.millar » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:29 am

Graham Weifang wrote:
Jambo wrote:

Yes, you are quite right,
That will teach me for just skimming.

GW

Hello.I need help. So my husband to be is non UK EEA national (Polish) and I am non EEA, I am filipina. And we intend to move to UK. So, can he bring me to UK? If we have this documents? passport + marriage certificate. And he will submit a letter saying that we will both travel to UK together. What else do we need? What are some qualifications/requirements? Please help.thank you.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:29 pm

yes you can apply, as a matter of fact my wife is also Filipina and I am Polish.

mars.millar
Newly Registered

Post by mars.millar » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:14 am

Hi. Thank you for your reply Pablito. I want to know if I havent worked in UK yet are they going to approve the EEA permit for my Filipina wife? I haven't stayed in uk yet so no need for bank statements or any proof for exercising treaty rights? Is only passport, marriage certificate and the letter from me, are all we need to apply? I hope it will be approved. If its ok for you can we ask for any contact info from you maybe e-mail because we would like to ask questions from Polish guy bc I am Polish too and same case with you, I will have a Filipina wife soon.Thanks..

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:33 pm

There are 2 questions here:
1 Is your marriage itself sufficient requirement to obtain free of charge visa? The answer is yes, and this is your right not a privilege even if you've never been to UK.

But to answer your question whether the visa will be granted it is unfortunately uncertain and in your case I would have be skeptical, but the good news is you usually win your case on appeal as we did and judge returns the costs for your application. So if you can wait for another 5 months then apply for visa and if refused I strongly recommend
to appeal.

If you don't want to wait there is also another way to get achieve your goal but you'd need to travel to another country first.

sagit
Newly Registered

Post by sagit » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:32 pm

Hey Pablito,

I would like to ask you how you menage to bring your wife to UK?
I move to UK from Germany (my filipino wife is still there)and now we thinking how to bring her to UK

cheers,

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:46 pm

has she got European Residence Card from Germany? I think it should be much easier nowadays as the Judgment on travel with residence card was already out last year. We traveled by couch from Paris to London at night. It seemed that most British Officers sleep at that time because there were only French Officers. They listened to our claim, they were satisfied to let us in because my wife had valid Schengen visa. Besides we didn't get any stamp A1 but only entry stamp it was good for us because my wife wasn't questioned any more here in UK when opening bank account, getting job or registering with NHS and she was also pregnant which I didn't know at that time, so all played really well for us she even got maternity allowance. I guess if she got that stamp A1 that would really complicated our life as we also had problem with getting residence card.

sagit
Newly Registered

Post by sagit » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:24 pm

yes she has resident permit for 5years for Schengen countries and now I want to bring her to UK and because UK isn't Schengen we have to struggling with visa.
Do you think is possible to get some kind of visa if we ask on the airport?when she will be in UK it will be much easier to start this visa process I think.